Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Somaliland: Cancer of Tribalism Came To The Fore After Meaningless Elections Reignited

Che -Guevara;901897 wrote:
That he might be but Mr Abdirahman seems worse-nothing substantive in this article, just only that he hates Siilaanyo and by extension his clan.

Are you able to refute his claims?

The biggest problem any Somali anywhere in the Horn is extreme poverty and ignorance. If we examine his conspiracy against the President's tribe, can we honestly the average HJ is better off than any other citizen of the land? Let's not confuse the president and his inner circle with an entire tribe who are as poor as any other Somali.

If you gonna fault his administration, fault him for not creating jobs, building infrastructure, nurturing good governance, etc but let's not make his tribe the issue. I assure they are victims of the same bad policies.

N I don't get the issue of Somalis and land, it's empty place.

Che -Guevara;901901 wrote:
The biggest problem any Somali anywhere in the Horn is extreme poverty and ignorance. If we examine his conspiracy against the President's tribe, can we honestly the average HJ is better off or worse than any other citizen of the land. Let's not confuse the president and his inner circle with an entire tribe who are as poor as any other Somali.

If you gonna fault his administration, fault him for not creating jobs, building infrastructure, nurturing good governance, etc but let's not make his tribe the issue. I assure they are victims of the same bad policies.

N I don't get the issue of Somalis and land, it's empty place.

Nobody is making his tribe the issue, the President is the one who is making his own sub-clan the issue by handing them out all these favors, as this editor puts it. I know that as an outsider looking in, Che you're trying to take a more neutral stance on this, but c'mon.

I an neutral as I have no stake in it though in the larger Somali context, I do want the place to stay peaceful and work properly, But I do think Abdirahman is not examining the deeper issues but just looking at the faces around the president and blaming their actions on entire tribe.

Che -Guevara;901904 wrote:
I an neutral as I have no stake in it though in the larger Somali context, I do the place to stay peaceful and work properly, But I do Abdirahman is not examining the deeper issues but just looking at the faces around the president and blaming their actions on entire tribe.

Apparently the elders from his tribe are not speaking up about this, so then I guess Silence means consent?

^Not necessarily, it could also be they are being silenced by the tribe's political elite.

I see the same thing brewing in Puntland, people blaming Faroole's tribe instead of him.

Mustafe   

Uselss article. Not that I bothered to read it, but then it doesn't take much of an einstein to figure out what an article starting with mr so and his clan is going to contain lol.

uchi   

Che -Guevara;901907 wrote:
^Not necessarily, it could also be they are being silenced by the tribe's political elite.

I see the same thing brewing in Puntland, people blaming Faroole's tribe instead of him.

It's the other way around, blame the tribe not the individual. Alot of arm twisting unfortunately.

What this President is doing needs to be aired out for everyone to see. He should be the one to be blamed for causing hostilities between the sub-clans by trying to fix the local elections in Berbera and else where. His not even doing all of this by himself., its the people around him that are using this old man.

Ofcourse the government wasn't handling the situation well in saaxil but the author of this despicable article is dividing the close communities even further with his clan hatred no one will take him serious. The author he is not really addressing the core problems Somaliland is facing instead he is blaming and attacking his fellow kin, just because he doesn't like the Kulmiye government. There are many people in Somaliland who are not fan of Kulmiye and how the government is running the country but attacking entire communities wont solve the problem.