Sign in to follow this  
OdeyJacfar

Hypothetical assumption of what if somalia remained. peaceful vs the civil war..intellectual debate

Wadani;902962 wrote:
SNM, SSDF and USC have ruined my life and the life of every single Somali on the face of this earth. We are a people best described by the title of Franz Fanon's book 'The Wretched of the Earth'. The storming of Villa Somalia in 1991 by the USC hordes was equivalent to the destruction of the temple in jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D; both events led an indigenous people to scatter around the far reaches of the earth and start from scratch amongst alien and often times antagonistic cultures. But the Jews are a more sophisticated people than the somalis, and have not allowed their dispersal to lead to social and cultural disintegration, as is occuring at a dizzying rate among the Somali diaspora, and to a lesser extent back home. The Kacaan/M.O.D regime was far from perfect....but it gave us our rightful place in this God forsaken world. It gave us dignity, pride and faith in ourselves and our nation; things that r a requisite for the survival and success of any people, and unfortunately such sentiments among the Somalis have taken fatal blows.

+1,000,000

let the youth stand firm in the face of tyranny!

Wadani;902982 wrote:
I also love the peace, freedoms and relative tranquility we enjoy in Somaliland. Im a Somalilander myself, and
from the clan who first inhabited Hargaysa.
But we dont live in a vacuum and somaliland isn't an isloated island. Regardless of where u go, as a Somali u r preceded by the tarnished and utterly soiled image of our once great people. It hurts being seen as scum by the rest of the world when we are capable of so much. We are intelligent, entreprenuerial, creative, bold and daring. We have so many good and redeeming qualities, if not our ruined reputation on the world stage wouldn't bother me so much. Let's just hope we can rehabilitate the Somali name in the coming decades.

which side of town Wadani?

Alpha Blondy;903000 wrote:
mansoor or ambassador sxb? i get confused with directions in this town.

Star hotel wax fahan niyo Alpha hargeysa mala imikaad timi hargeysa xaafada total calaamadaha dunbuluq Magaaladu halkay ka bilaabmatay Herer the seat of the sultanate since the early 1700s.

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;903000 wrote:
mansoor or ambassador sxb? i get confused with directions in this town.

Ambassor. I'm from dumbuluq dee. But I've been in Canada my entire life basically.

Wadani;903007 wrote:
Ambassor. I'm from dumbuluq dee. But I've been in Canada my entire life basically.

your response sent shivers down my spine as though the devil himself was addressing me. laakin UCID joins us together in holy communion.

i take it you're familiar with the famous adage from habar habar wars of 94' - where are the sand-digging aardvarks? ask cigal and the monkeys! :D perhaps your cousins stoic and archie can explain this to a wet-behind-the ears little sand-digger! LOL!

archie is one of the coolest guys in this forum walahi.

anyways, i hear your people have a thousand year monarchy (esp reer guleedka). hence why suldan mohamed is also the suldaanka beesha somaliland.

congratulations.....

Tallaabo   

Wadani;902962 wrote:
SNM, SSDF and USC have ruined my life and the life of every single Somali on the face of this earth. We are a people best described by the title of Franz Fanon's book 'The Wretched of the Earth'. The storming of Villa Somalia in 1991 by the USC hordes was equivalent to the destruction of the temple in jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D; both events led an indigenous people to scatter around the far reaches of the earth and start from scratch amongst alien and often times antagonistic cultures. But the Jews are a more sophisticated people than the somalis, and have not allowed their dispersal to lead to social and cultural disintegration, as is occuring at a dizzying rate among the Somali diaspora, and to a lesser extent back home. The Kacaan/M.O.D regime was far from perfect....but it gave us our rightful place in this God forsaken world. It gave us dignity, pride and faith in ourselves and our nation; things that r a requisite for the survival and success of any people, and unfortunately such sentiments among the Somalis have taken fatal blows.

You have no idea about the history of the former Somali Republic. It was not the rebel movements who destroyed the country, it was Siyaad Barre and his tyrannical regime. The rebels were just reacting to the oppression, corruption, nepotism, and the constant appropriation of the nation's meagre resources for personal use by the ruling elite. I don’t think Somaliland and Puntland are worst off now than when they were under the tyranny. But I do despair for the suffering of our brethren in the South, Kililka, and NFD.

Wadani   

Tallaabo, ur right about siyaad barre's regime, but I still don't think the gains we made outwiegh the heavy losses.

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;903036 wrote:
archie is one of the coolest guys in this forum walahi.

anyways, i hear your people have a thousand year monarchy (esp reer guleedka). hence why suldan mohamed is also the suldaanka beesha somaliland.

congratulations.....

Thanks Alpha. But let me be the first to tell u, It's not easy being royalty. :cool: