Sign in to follow this  
OdeyJacfar

Hypothetical assumption of what if somalia remained. peaceful vs the civil war..intellectual debate

This is my theory..if Somalia remained it wouldve went through political exchanges. In 1990 Somalia's literacy rate was around 30%. There were just handful universities and it wouldve only have grown just few more universities. It wouldve had command economy. It wouldv had stunted economical growth. We wouldve had lack of exposure to the world bc the Somali passport wouldve been limited.

What has the civil war brought us. We got atleast 200k respected college's education. With another 1.1 million literate folks in the diapora. Even Islaamaha can read atleast and understand langues like English, Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian and etc. We got highly educated young people who are ready to inject new economical ideas. We got the next fb inventor. We got the next instagram inventor. We can travel througout the world to bring new products to the country. We also gona have economist, political scientists, entertainers, leaders, and etc.

Therefore...I ask that u compare and contrast.. Was the civil war a blessing in disguise?

Carafaat;901915 wrote:
In terms of urbanisation, literacy, education and redistribution of wealth the fall of the regime was a blessing.
:D

With all honesty I think this was a disguised blessing. Can u name one country in the world that hasn't gone through an all out civil war? You not gona find it bruh. Now that we got that out of our symptoms we are ready to take off bc we got advantage over other African countries bc we got more highly educated folks from Unis that wouldve been hard to attain. We now understand the meaning of unity.

i lost a lot but found again.....sometimes you have to lost to realise what you've gain or to appreciate what you've lost. we as people have changed but will this change be the one that restores unity again or have these changes sealed our fate to forever be divisive. ultimately, it was written and we may plan and plan and speculate on this and that but Allah is best of planners and knows our paths....indeed

xabad   

What metrics are you using?? If women becoming walking tents and men wearing white dresses is being better off, then you need head checkin !

xabad   

Learning foreign languages is not progress. Young Somali men are busy filling foreign prisons and generally being pests not inventing facebooks or tumblrs. our name has become synonymous with barbarity and religious fanaticism. not to mention the unimaginable horrors visited on civilians the last two decades since civil war. In short the civil was an unmitigated disaster from which the country might never recover.

Tallaabo   

OdeyJacfar;901887 wrote:
This is my theory..if Somalia remained it wouldve went through political exchanges. In 1990 Somalia's literacy rate was around 30%. There were just handful universities and it wouldve only have grown just few more universities. It wouldve had command economy. It wouldv had stunted economical growth. We wouldve had lack of exposure to the world bc the Somali passport wouldve been limited.

What has the civil war brought us. We got atleast 200k respected college's education. With another 1.1 million literate folks in the diapora. Even Islaamaha can read atleast and understand langues like English, Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian and etc. We got highly educated young people who are ready to inject new economical ideas. We got the next fb inventor. We got the next instagram inventor. We can travel througout the world to bring new products to the country. We also gona have economist, political scientists, entertainers, leaders, and etc.

Therefore...I ask that u compare and contrast..
Was the civil war a blessing in disguise?

You should ask that question those who lost everything in the conflict and the subsequent anarchy, or those millions of children facing a bleak future.

Showqi   

Apophis;901979 wrote:

I would have had a cushty 9am to 2pm government job and a massive house by the beach.:cool:

Yup and you would be wadaad aan masaajidka ka bixin;)

Tallaabo   

Apophis;901979 wrote:
Me and you buddy
:D

I would have had a cushty 9am to 2pm government job and a massive house by the beach
.:cool:

A good criteria to hunt you down if we had a civilised peasant (or a nomad in our case) led revolution against tyranny like those in France, Russia, and America.

Haatu   

If there was no war, perhaps Soomaali Galbeed would be free today. Instead of leaving Garissa for London, instead I might've left for Kismaayo or Xamar. NFD might have also been free, at least politically autonomous. So many ifs, what ifs, and perhaps for my liking really.