Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Rediscovering my Tribal Hinterland: Alpha's Berbera Chronicles

i'd hoped this short trip to my ancestral lands would give me the emotional closure i was seeking. i'd also hoped it would provide an opportunity for me to recover my rich heritage.

425733_10151298684559250_1853747695_n.jp

74027_10151298687534250_1849867581_n.jpg

this morning i was attacked in my hotel room. i heard shots being fired and people demonstrating because of some political issue involving the recent elections. i almost died in the ensuing confrontation between the police and the members of the iron monkey clan. the intrepid fox of the east clan want to take over our city but i'm glad i came here in these times of upheaval so that i could do my bit to cleanse the city of these people. i've nested myself among them, booking a room in their hotel- because it has internet access, listening and observing their plans. this morning, the hotel was pelted with rocks. a few other establishments owed by them were also attacked by over-zealous youth of our clan. the police responded by firing shots. the hotel was surrounded by heavy police presence and has been assigned a police officer - ismail. ismail and I are related by the knee LOL. i probed him for what caused these issues but he was supportive of the riots and the looters. i bought him khat after discovering his tribal details.

537575_10151299294274250_319044076_n.jpg

61804_10151299293514250_331461860_n.jpg

281234_10151299335014250_1590768123_n.jp

the rocks used by the protesters!

i'm literally in shock. i've had fits of palpitations and the stress balls are not helping. this is a war zone. LOL

Tallaabo   

Alpha, your tribe must be slapped with an ASPO (Anti-Social Behavioural Order) by the Supreme Court and your fellow hooligan monkeys banned from congregating in groups to intimidate the law abiding citizens of the town and disturb the peace.

Tallaabo;901242 wrote:
Alpha, your tribe must be slapped with an ASPO (Anti-Social Behavioural Order) by the Supreme Court and your fellow hooligan monkeys banned from congregating in groups to intimidate the law abiding citizens of the town and disturb the peace.

what peace?

waar, the whole of 'somali-land' has gone to the dogs, as it were. these local elections have clearly shown we're not ready for democracy. first in hargeisa and now berbera....i've also heard there were skirmishes in erigabo? i don't have the entire facts of the situation. what's more people are calling me from hargeisa and demanding the latest intel. its calmer now but i haven't left the hotel room since going for lunch. i walked to xeeb soor in the boiling sun LOOOOOOOOOL.

oba hiloowlow;901239 wrote:
wow is that Batalaale beach bro?

beautiful beach mashallah

thanks Oba,

my sub-clan also owe the port. have you ever heard of the 'ghelle-yasha' - these are the dock-workers who load/unload goods. their jobs are inherited from father to son LOL. you can also buy the job for $2800. all my uncles and sub-clan are involved in this business.

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;901243 wrote:
what peace?

waar, the whole of 'somali-land' has gone to the dogs, as it were. these local elections have clearly shown we're not ready for democracy. first in hargeisa and now berbera....i've also heard there were skirmishes in erigabo? i don't have the entire facts of the situation. what's more people are calling me from hargeisa and demanding the latest intel. its calmer now but i haven't left the hotel room since going for lunch. i walked to xeeb soor in the boiling sun LOOOOOOOOOL.

If the whole of Somaliland has gone to the dogs, then everyone including your cry-baby tribesmen are responsible. It is foolish to simply blame the president's tribe for the failings and greed of everyone. When all of Somaliland's competing tribal parties and useless marfish politicians agreed to get rid of the national electoral register and replace it with a fraud prone ink, they intended to cheat the system. So when the cheating business did not work for some as was expected, crying foul and instigating public disorder is what the power hungry immoral candidates resorted to.

i probed him for what caused these issues but he was supportive of the riots and the looters. i bought him khat after discovering his tribal details.

Tell me you were scared that he was going to shoot you amid all the chaos of the rioting and bribed him with khat, its hard to believe that fish and chip boy from London would buy someone something for having any tribal relations :D

galbeedi   

the kulmiye guys wanted to manipulate the the session to elect the mayor. they dispatched a

vice minister who wanted the meeting behind closed doors but the governor demanded open

vote by raising the hand which eliminated the old mayor and elected two new people.

in return the president and the palace minister got mad and fired the governor. PEOPLE

feel that was retaliation . BY the way berbera is the home of the late great Cigaal.

People, it's good exercise in politics, tribal yes but it's an improvement and people are evolving.

Poverty is the bigger problem. Fight over political appointments is fight over resource really.

galbeedi   

I think it is wrong to blame Dahabshiil any other legitimate businessmen who hail from the

east. These men made their money before Siilaanyo and they employ a lot of people in

Somaliland.Their investment must be welcomed whether it is Berbera or zaylac.

the intrepid fox of the east clan want to take over our city but i'm glad i came here in these times of upheaval so that
i could do my bit to cleanse the city of these people
. i've nested myself among them, booking a room in their hotel- because it has internet access,
listening and observing their plans

:D:D ... Waaba Waalli caadiya

Alpha Blondy;901244 wrote:
thanks Oba,

my sub-clan also owe the port. have you ever heard of the
'ghelle-yasha'
- these are the dock-workers who load/unload goods. their jobs are inherited from father to son LOL. you can also buy the job for $2800. all my uncles and sub-clan are involved in this business.

Mashallah kool bro!