Sign in to follow this  
Apophis

Marriage and friendship.

Apophis   

What becomes of a friend after he marries? I have a friend who recently married and honestly I feel like the friendship has changed and is on it's way out. We can't go out like we used to (he probably will have a curfew), he can't be a wingman anymore and we can't do some of the random isht we used to do. I feel like we do not have anything in common anymore. For the non married people out there, am I right or what? Is isn't true married people harsh one's mellow? :D

Wadani   

Only weak and sissified men change after they marry. How a grown man can have a curfew is beyond me. A grown man should come home at a reasonable time because it's the responsible thing to do, but not because he's afraid of his woman. What do u mean by random stuff? If it doesn't involve woman, I don't see y he won't do them with u. Ur friend is wack bro.

when a friend gets married (5 in 2012), i think its important to give them their space,especially in those cruical first few months. of the 5, i still have regular contact with 4. the one friend i lost was the most serious one about marriage. LOL

DMX famously said:

if you value/respect something, let it go!

if it comes back to you, then its truly yours,

if it doesn't, then its time to let go!

^ sound advice!

Apophis   

That is absurd and impossible. An unaided human does not have the escape velocity to get clear of the Earth's gravitational well, hence why only Astronauts are the only people who can think outside the (sphere) box.

051007100202.jpg

Reeyo   

It depends on the friendship type, if you had a shallow type friendship, his priorities will change and obviously his time is restricted now so you wont matter anymore.

This is actually a trend with girls, didn't know men went through it too, primarily because of our culture marriage is an achievement with a lot competition and jealously involved. I've heard married girls keep their single friends away simple because they don't want 'drama' or feel threatened, they also think the other might get jealous. Sadly all that changes when they're divorced and find themselves alone.

I've lost many friends to marriage but now I think about to it they weren't 'real' friends and I didn't miss them.

Friends that really matter will not change at all and the husband or wife will just become another friend that has joined the circle.

Wadani   

Reeyo;901034 wrote:
It depends on the friendship type, if you had a shallow type friendship, his priorities will change and obviously his time is restricted now so you wont matter anymore.

This is actually a trend with girls, didn't know men went through it too, primarily because of our culture marriage is an achievement with a lot competition and jealously involved. I've heard married girls keep their single friends away simple because they don't want 'drama' or feel threatened, they also think the other might get jealous. Sadly all that changes when they're divorced and find themselves alone.

I've lost many friends to marriage but now I think about to it they weren't 'real' friends and I didn't miss them.

Friends that really matter will not change at all and the husband or wife will just become another friend that has joined the circle.

+100

Juxa   

Bisinka

I am better friend because I am married

Your friend may have different priority so step back and find something you both enjoy to do. Friendships change, they evolve.

a grown man does not have a curfew unless of course he is avoiding you because you always suggest something unholly or you became

Cadow to his jacayl

Aaliyyah   

Apophis clearly now that your friend is married he started a new chapter of his life which comes with certain responsibilities. He can't do as he pleases like he did when he wasn't married. Insha'allah give him some time to adjust to his new life and then he will be able to still have some time with his friends. For now just make du'a for him, that is what he most needs from you.

P.S Curfew doesn't have to be a bad thing. It could be self imposed one...he has a wife and she has a right over him.

Apophis   

Juxa;901043 wrote:
Bisinka

I am better friend because I am married

Your friend may have different priority so step back and find something you both enjoy to do. Friendships change, they evolve.

a grown man does not have a curfew unless of course he is avoiding you because you always suggest something unholly or you became

Cadow to his jacayl

It's not like that. I've actually been avoiding him because I wouldn't feel right about hanging like we used to and frequenting our usual "unholy" hangouts. And there will be curfew, self imposed or not. No more getting wasted until 3 in the morning. Now it's like, "lets go to restaurants and eat" kinda outings. Not interesting at all.

Aaliyyah   

Thanks Juxa. Your input was just as great.

Wyre lol you are giving apophis some hope eh. But, apophis kulaha getting wasted till 3, I hope he never gets his friend back. Waaba lugu khasaarey inankan.