Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The New Macallin Dugsi in Somalia

nuune   

^^ Good to see your Macalin Dugsi's are kicking, mine was killed, hilibkiisa la jarjary, asagoo laamiiga yaaley iigu danbeesay.

Juxa, adiga Macalinkaa halmar ul kugu dhuftey, waaba lagaa saarey dugsiga after only 2 weeks there lol

Taleexi   

It vividly invokes memories but my dugsi days would appear a piece of cake if compared to this scene. Nothing stays standstill in life even Dugsi institutions have evolved.

Juxa   

Jacpher yes, it was nice to meet him, i went to my childhood home where my relatives still live and there was big lunch and it was lovely to see him but he mocked my profession and told everyone inaan waligeyba muran jeclaa (cheeky). by the way macalin xasan has 14 children now from one wife and he was so proud of them maasha allah

Nuune it is hard to believe but i was good student, i blame the beating otherwise waaba dhameyn lahaa quraanka

Juxa   

no dugsi quraan, a shack with loox where you get beaten on daily basis and you have subac in the afternoon

Haatu   

I was spared this whole experience but I did go for ~1 month then I stopped attending. Aabo was away and hooyo would just say it didn't matter and I was too young. Then one day my uncle visited and found me at home. He chased me round the the house and dragged me to dugsi. I remember I was so fearful of the macalin because he was sending threats through my sister saying he would beat me for bunking. I remember going in front of him and being told to do this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbjy9OjOZkzctggbPw1lI

Suffice to say I was glad when I left for Europe a couple of weeks later :D

Juxa   

Lol@ lashing at macalinka

I took aabe who simply said I don't pay you to hit my child. But then hooyo was angry, she even threatened worse beating than macalin

Back home macalinka was so revered it should be crime