Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Burco In Pictures

*Blessed;921155 wrote:
^That wasn't directed at you. It is a "tiny needle" from space and not a huge town on earth either.. .
:)

Whooooooooooobosh!

excellent reer burao sense of humour there, Blessed. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

we LOVE burao. :D

nuune   

Blessed, not huge town, that is not fair either, where are the Burco PR, at least it beats Berbera, though Burco airstrip needs to be converted into a full airport, Hargeisa has becomme a hell hole even Blondie said that many times, it is a place where JB eats every camel he can find then how are the normal peoplle supposed to live.

Alpha, I take all sense of humour from Burco seriesly, a lesson learnt from Burco friends I have.

Tallaabo   

nuune;921131 wrote:
Tallaabo
lool, no offense, pics from space is better than that of this hopeless thread soo mahan, sxb, it is an altenative, wax fahan

Waar Nuune I was implying that Burco is like Pyongyang where the Americans resort to grainy satellite images to get an idea of what the place is like.

nuune;921159 wrote:
Blessed, not huge town, that is not fair either, where are the Burco PR, at least it beats Berbera, though Burco airstrip needs to be converted into a full airport, Hargeisa has becomme a hell hole even
Blondie
said that many times, it is a place where
JB
eats every camel he can find then how are the normal peoplle supposed to live.

Alpha, I take all sense of humour from Burco seriesly, a lesson a learnt from Burco friends I have.

Nuune,

we reer Somaliland can poke fun at each but you've OVERSTEPPED the boundaries here. boroma, burao, berbera, hargeisa. las anod, and erigavo are all mine and all my people ma fahantahay Nuunoow?

The reason why nobody takes pictures of Burco is because darxummada iyo foolxumadda meesha ayaa Burcaawiska looga xilqarinayaa.

I was in Burco, walking down the dusty road towards Tuweli market and I get my camera out. To my right was a high heap of vile trash - rotting meat and blood from the butchers, plastic containers, rubbish, basically all the trash from the market.

This old man who was walking in the oposite direction stops and comes stand next to me. He stands there for a while and watches me take a picture (of the market and not the heapes of trash). He then steps forwards and dares to say "meesha ha naga sawirin" "sawiro foolxun mediaha ha naga gelinin". I was gobsmacked by his audacity and pretty pissed off, I told him to sod off, "war naga tag, meeshaanu doorna ayaanu sawiraynaa ee" I'll take a picture of whatever I like. I thought to myself, haduu gartay inuu qashinku xun yahay oo dhibaato yahay, why not take to initiative to clean up the rubbish or mobilise the populace.

Honestly I took very few pictures because there wasnt a whole lot to take pictures off. You are not missing out on much. Burco is certainly an experience, nice people and a very "Soomaali" town/city but it is a place in permanent economic stagnation.

nuune   

Blondie, Burco igama xigtid ee ka bul dheh adeer, you have never spent one hour in that place and yet you telling me anaa iska leh Burco, same applies to me dhakayahay.

OdeySomali, that is too far, you should infact edit your posts, were you based at a hotel, every Somali city has a trash, ma intaas unbaad la soo shir tagtey.

Blessed, yes, on a forum, see JB, and how Blondie parades Hargeisa and Berbera, PR person in Burco would not make a sense since we have thousands of people online waiting to find out info about that city(second city in Somaliland), no more Berbera for me.

^^ Nuune you think I am joking, the number of times I was told "mediaha sawirro xun ha naga gelinin", they keep a tight leash on what pics you take looool :D

OdaySomali;921177 wrote:
I have been receiving threats via PM to edit my comments about Burco boodhweyn, can you believe it :eek: looool

Tell them to eff themselves my nigga freedom of speech is an absolute right

OdaySomali;921177 wrote:
I have been receiving threats via PM to edit my comments about Burco boodhweyn, can you believe it :eek: looool

it was a little crude, but, if, possible, could you perhaps divulge the key contents of this threatening message....i know that NORF and Blessed are typical reer burao in their ways. also freedom of speech is crucially important and must be held in the highest regards at all times. its a little disappointing that such threats are all too familar on SOL in 2013.

The Zack   

Where are those Burco pictures. We want our Burco pictures and we want them now! THOSE FREAKING PICTURES!

OdaySomali, your comments are very hateful. Just because this girl from Burco dumped you doesn't mean you can bad-mouth the beautiful city. Now can you please post those pictures. I want a date on those pictures to confirm they are current. I also want a latitude and longitude on them to confirm the location.

Alpha Blondy;921184 wrote:
it was a little crude, but, if, possible, could you perhaps divulge the key contents of this threatening message....i know that NORF and Blessed are typical reer burao in their ways. also freedom of speech is crucially important and must be held in the highest regards at all times. its a little disappointing that such threats are all too familar on SOL in 2013.

Unfortunately I cannot share the content of the messages, partly to preserve the privacy of the Private Messages but also because I do not want to further endanger my life, more than I have already done shifty.gif I might get shanked or something :eek:

Your support is note Alpha, we need to let it be known that honetly will not silenced, the truth shall prevail! Its good to know you got my back, in case there is trouble :cool: