Sign in to follow this  
OdeyJacfar

Somali-Scottish vlog of his trip to Somaliland...ever heard of a Somali with a Scottish accent loooo

the reer somaliland locals have names for people like him: awr, porridge, baceed!

they would also say a 12''spanner or a 15''spanner would open him! i reckon the 19'' spanner would slice open, without creating too much difficulty. the bigger the spanner - the easier the prey.

i see and met many like this guy. his almost colonial and indeed david attenboroughian style of narration is excellent so too is his caricaturing of the locals. it's almost like he's been transported into another world, a world oblivious to his senses. he's not afraid nor shy of his surroundings and whose home he's intruded with such fanfare. there is some voyeurism to his style of filming- almost like he's immuned from their prying eyes. i don't think he feels any affinity or connection to the people. he is an outsider, a foreigner, an illegal alien. three generations spent out of the country has completely changed his somalinimo. he looks very much somali but he's software is programmed to something entirely different. the hardware/software analogy is excellent.

laakin, i have to give credit where its due and in his case - his yearning to part of a something unbeknownst to him is encouraging and to be applauded. its often people like this guy who are purer in mind, heart and soul than these local reer somalilanders. their moral compass is lacking direction, their hearts are wounded, their minds vacant, their religion - money and its evils. i use to know a guy just like this and he learnt quick. within two months, he had them worked out! he become like them! and wholeheartedly embraced their ways and in doing so lost his ways. the personality he developed was a fiction. it was newer, meaner and a lot more leaner. to them, he's still an outsider. to him, he earnt his place and deserves their respect!

does he rue what he lost? probably not!

has he betrayed his values? probably not?

will he ever regret what he lost to make the new him? probably not

when it comes to winning, ultimately the end justifies the means! and its by any means necessary! what is lost is not remembered but what matters is what's gained. i often see this guy around town. we were like two brothers who took different paths in life. i get the impression we're exact opposites of what we portray and really envy each others lived experiences. he may think that but i'm glad to still have my humanity intact - proud of my humble means, proud that i earnt it all ethical and i'm happy in my conscious paradigm of virtue.

chubacka   

^ Yeah he sounds like a born and bred scouser, even when he (tries to) speak Somali his accent is still there.

Daarrr issa pile of shit...haha. You have to have some nerve to stand with a blooming camera in people's faces 24/7. It seems like it's the first time he's been back. Thanks for posting.

LOL@chubacky the wacky!

hey you watch it.............!!!! ma fahantahay!? :D we pride ourselves on this 'SHIT'. for you its a distant place; for 'us' its home!

the accent still there? that's not an accent! that mambo-jumbo is retardation coupled with dodgy episode of brookside!. i hope my 16'' spanner can open the next awr i see! maybe i'll take his new watch, maybe a decent pair of shoes.....heck i'll even take clothes, the way things are going these days! LOL!

chubacka   

Reeyo;900213 wrote:
Scottish? LOL He said Milkh. He is scouse matey, Liverpudlian.

Derrr getting millkh fuuur their T. hahaha.

Alpha if you think you're Somali is better you will have to prove it in your own vlog

(minus the shades pls) I agree with you though, it does seem like he has been put on a distant planet and been asked to explore!

chubacka;900208 wrote:
^ Yeah he sounds like a born and bred scouser, even when he (tries to) speak Somali his accent is still there.

Daarrr issa pile of shit...haha. You have to have some nerve to stand with a blooming camera in people's faces 24/7. It seems like it's the first time he's been back. Thanks for posting.

Anytime sxb anytime.... Got more interesting videos under my disposal

oba hiloowlow;900217 wrote:
menace start your qarxis thread it is needed.
:D

Walahi I dont do that crap bro...ive been accused by Snet fabricators..Walahi never done it...I have fled that forum, I have been given asylum here. I wanna start my life all over. I have new family....:D

Apophis;900218 wrote:
Give us a synopsis Oba; I'm not familiar with Snet methodology

Basically ye... 'Menace" is Snet legend who has been vilified because of his long liberation struggle for the Somali female(Menace use to spill the beans on his womanizing ways and he use to justified by saying "he keeping Somali girls for the Somali men"). Menace has now joined here.

OdeyJacfar;900221 wrote:
Walahi I dont do that crap bro...ive been accused by Snet fabricators..Walahi never done it...I have fled that forum, I have been given asylum here. I wanna start my life all over. I have new family....

welcome and soo dhoowow odey! i congratulate you on your successful asylum claim. there's alot of odey's around? there is odey, odaysomali and now odeyJacfar. i might help a few odeys cross the border too by falsifying their documents. the name odey is rather lucky with the virtual border agency awoowe ma istiri? wasnt this new home meant to be a fortress and against illegal immigration! how did you get in? baal ii sheeg?

i'm like the coolest kid on the block and patrol this joint. pleased to meet you odeyJacfar! if you havent voted in the SOLer of the year 2012 elections, please vote for me. al.