Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

'27 dead' in Connecticut primary school shooting

SeeKer   

Reeyo, another emotional tirade that adds nothing to the case. Seriously, the loss of life is as important to you as it is to me but again when looking at the bigger picture your solution does not do anything to decrease the amount of people who when they want will find access to guns and do what they want without leaving a trail for the cops to follow. The American culture does breed violence, our children do learn that its cool to kill, our children do have access to the internet where they can learn how to build a bomb or wire up an incinerator device, some people out there do have psychological conditions. It is a multitude of things that culminated to mass murder so stop assuming your one dimensional solution will solve a multidimensional problem :)

Those rights that you wrote out are unalienable rights of americans. They are the rights that the US was founded on and those rights are fiercely important to Americans. Look at polls asking americans if they want to ban guns and then consider what it is you are proposing. Guns won't be banned in America any time soon and the sooner you come to terms with it the better.

Reeyo   

Seeker I do apologize for my emotional tirade as you put it. I can't be cold and objective when things like this incident are happening. And your wrong as proven by the case of Europe, East Asia and Australia. A gun ban would be the easiest way to tackle this problem. Yes there are many factors to be considered in-regards to mass-murders, lakin the easy access to guns, (automatic war guns) is the biggest factor. This has been proven again and again over the past year. How many times does it need to happen for you to realize that?

Its definitely a long and difficult road to reach a complete ban, but what the worrying thing is the people, the likes of you, that wholeheartedly believe that this is a just right and in challenging it the person is questioning American(ism).

SeeKer   

^lmao @ people like me. I don't have to realize anything, I am merely pointing out what I think is the obvious lay of the land in America.

SeeKer   

Tut tut........calling americans uncivilized now are we? Wouldn't be so quick to cast the first stone Apophis. Every nation has a right to how they rule themselves and the laws with which they govern and operate. Reeyo's point would be valid in the lands of the 'civilized' as you call it but in America there are far more political undercurrents at play. If you wish to comment on the tragedy then by all means have your say but as far as your insights into the debate of gun ban vs gun control, I would do a bit more reading and research.

American legislation and lobbyists will drag out whatever measures that are proposed and within a few weeks the deaths of the kindergartners will be a distant memory to most Americans (except perhaps parents and the local community) and there won't be enough support for banning guns. Last polls I read showed only a 49% vs 47% favoring ban (this up due to the several massacres) while an Aug poll had only 29% favoring ban.

I also fail to see what the narrative of what happened in other countries has to do with americans. I don't believe they follow what the rest of the world does so lets not delude ourselves and stick with the reality on the ground (US). Banning guns is not going to be a solution here and only thing people can hope for is stricter measures on who is allowed to access weapons and ammunitions.

Abdul   

There are more than 10,000 gun related deaths each year in the united states.This should be enough reason to ban them.

SeeKer   

My argument is as I stated it, I don't think one needs your 'summary' :D And your opinion on how uncivilized America is, is just an opinion and if it blows your skirt then so be it. With that I believe there isn't much for us to say to each other in regards to guns.

There are 36 gun dealers within 10 miles radius of Sandy Hook Elementary.

There are more gun dealers than McDonald's.

There are 200 millions guns plus guns in circulation.

85 Americans die from gunshots everyday.

N yes, we shouldn't ban guns.

Reeyo   

^^ Some insane figures you've got there.

Apophis: Seeker is a a he, he mentioned skirt. Plus all the macho talk about shooting, clearly an American skinny that lives in the redneck southern cities lol

SeeKer   

What does my gender have to do with anything?? Reeyo you are wrong on all counts; I am a she who lives in a liberal state and one who actually enjoys her moments at the gun range. Hope that didn't shake your foothold in your theories of my machoism :D

There's a huge difference between a regular pistol and an Assault-Rifle.

In the United States, almost anyone can buy an assault-rifle for a relatively cheap price. Which is absolutely ridiculous. You don't defend your family with an Automatic Assault Rifle. You don't go hunting in the forest with an automatic assault rifle.

These weapons are military-grade weapons, and are available to the american population. This is an absolute disgrace.

Bill Clinton put forward an assault-rifle ban in 1994, but the ban expired in 2004. Obama should do the right thing and ban these weapons once and for all.

Baashi   

I don't know where to point my finger at -- mental illness or the right to own guns. I am inclined to lay the blame at the feet of mental illness. The event is very tragic and beyond comprehension.

Baashi;899782 wrote:
I don't know where to point my finger at -- mental illness or the right to own guns. I am inclined to lay the blame at the feet of mental illness. The event is very tragic and beyond comprehension.

There are 312 million Americans saaxib. Of course some of them are gonna be unstable.

The problem is why are American citizens given access to such potentially destructive weapons? There is no logical reason why assault rifles should be legalized.

And when people mention the "Founding Fathers" (George Washington, Thomas Jefferson) giving Americans the right to bear arms, people conveniently ignore that assault rifles weren't even invented at that time, so their point is irrelevant.

Somalia;899066 wrote:
He also killed his parents.
:(
Do any of you Somalianian-Americans own any guns, do you recite the 2nd amendment when you wake up as well? Here in the UK you aren't allowed to carry a knife more than 3 inches long let alone a gun!

somalis here do have guns but they are the gangsta wanna be thugs but in reality i think the UK law is better law then the americans. these people are mentaly challenged and you allowing them to have guns. These video games call of DUTY and HELLO aa ka walay. they out there practicing.