Sign in to follow this  
Complicated

Facts of life

Garnaqsi   

oba hiloowlow;901688 wrote:
lol garnaqsi im glad i passed that exam, never ever again.hate xisaab

LOL! If you like it, it can be beautiful. I love the pure aspects of it!

Garnaqsi   

oba hiloowlow;901694 wrote:
xisaab is nice when u understand it.
:D
. but i undertstand where you are coming from.

To be honest, I understand why people don't like it. People who are interested in completely different fields are forced by universities and the nature of their course to take maths. There no reason they should be expected to like it when they are interested in a completely different field. If I was made to take chemistry, I'm sure I would absolutely loathe it.

Garnaqsi   

Apophis;901706 wrote:
Do we even need to learn maths if we have calculators and Google

Computer algebra systems can only do symbolic maths. Only humans are capable of real maths. :cool:

I should say, though, that type of thinking leads to what happens in the film Idiocracy. Not good! :D

Garnaqsi   

Apophis;901761 wrote:
LOOL

I have to say that; math become gibberish to me at age 10 and I never got it after (ironically my dad is a math's lecturer)

Cool dad you got there! :cool:

Garnaqsi   

Apophis;901766 wrote:
He's pretty cool

What have you been upto anyway?? How's that world shattering thesis going? :cool:

Oh, it'll be world shattering alright! :cool:

Terrible! I'm procrastinating everywhere!

Haatu   

What was that French guys last theorem called Garnaqsi? The one that was lost and rediscovered around a decade ago?

Garnaqsi   

Haatu;901790 wrote:
What was that French guys last theorem called Garnaqsi? The one that was lost and rediscovered around a decade ago?

Fermat's last theorem. It wasn't lost, though. Fermat wrote somewhere that he had a proof of it, and it's that proof which was never found. It was then proved about a decade ago using techniques that were developed hundreds of years after Fermat. The proof is really difficult; it runs into hundreds and hundreds of pages. People nowadays don't think Fermat had a proof because if he had one it would have had to have been simple (because no and would have already been found by someone else somewhere. So he just probably had a mistaken proof of sorts. By the way, regarding your C3 exam -- do as much past papers as you can & you'll do fine.

Garnaqsi   

Apophis;901792 wrote:
Sxb, I procrastinated so much that I did my whole thesis (including research and write up) in the month of April. It was worse than hell.

Legend! :D

But I learned that I work best under the cosh

I'm not sure if I work well under pressure, but that unique feeling it gives you is quite nice and surprisingly addictive! :D

Haatu   

Interesting. Have you watched the BBC documentary on it. The guy who discovered it breaks down in tears at the beginning. Bloody hilarious :D And thanks about the C3 advice.