Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Dating/marrying a non-Somali

Alpha Blondy;893849 wrote:
do shed light on these developments.

She is a devout muslim. So my dilemma is do I give her a chance and see where it goes or do I say "sorry, reserved for a Xalimo" (I know the xalimos on here will love the sound of that last part haha :D).

Wadani;893847 wrote:
This girl must be truely exceptional if she has u entertaining the thought.

We say what we say but if the girl is a beauty, who happens to also be muslim and of good character, just non-Somali, what do you say.. you'd at least give it a thought or see where it goes. But if she is average or below average then its much easier to decide. Or if she is gaalo then it is as in the video below :D

Apophis;893878 wrote:
Thank you; I would love a crazy wife; definitely won't be a dull moment.

Be careful what you wish for haha, walahi i've seen some crazies, funny ish but not something you want to deal with on a daily basis. Especially an angry crazy chick :D

Narniah   

Alpha Blondy;893861 wrote:
its fine for somali men to marry/date non-somalis. somewhat tolerable for somali women to date non-somalis but unacceptable for somali women to marry non-somalis. but before i'm accused of being sexist, think of what's at stake.

Double standards, plain n simple.

The reason they don't mind their sons marrying non-Somalis is cause the kids they produce according to them (will still carry the Somali Fathers tribe...Whereas a woman can't?

Juxa   

The xalimoos in here will be happy in walaalkood uu galo guur xalaal ah (ahem caruur cadcadna uu dhalo:))

All jokes aside calafkaada la cunaa balse good luck ducadana badi wixi kheyr ku jiro allaha ku waafajiyo

I feel very generous caawa

There's this beautiful young Somali mother married to Moroccan. She's the only Somali I see that speaks to her kids in Somali, funny seeing Indian looking toddlers calling out Hooyo.

On different note, have ever seen a ugly Somali person dating non-Somali, and you think to yourself, eh we don;t mind losing him/her, horrible thing to say,I know.

Let keep the beautiful ones...lool

p.s. Since Somalis have so many nationalities now, you could technically be married to foreigner since many countries require you denouncing your nationality.

pss. I understand nationality and ethnicity is not the same:-)

lool@Juxa, be kind to Faraxs haye.

Wadani   

Narniah;893872 wrote:

What's with the dramatic reply, I never said I wanted to marry ajnabi! I was just calling you out on your generalization saying indirectly people who are married to ajnabi are basically not Somali anymore (Or stop being Somali according to you).

What you want is entirely up to you and I have nothing whatsoever against it. That's not even an issue.

I admit, my response was a bit over the top. But u've never really explained y ur so supportive of somalis marrying muslim ajanibis. Wat r the pros to these unions in ur opinion, that can't be found within a somali-somali union.

Aaliyyah   

On different note, have ever seen a ugly Somali person dating non-Somali, and you think to yourself, eh we don;t mind losing him/her, horrible thing to say,I know.

Let keep the beautiful ones...lool

LOL..that was funny.

Odey, good luck. Just make sure she's practicing muslimah. At the end it is your choice you are the one who is going to live with her...ask yourself if this is really what you want?..what anyone else says doesn't really matter.

Chimera   

A week ago I realised and experienced painfully upclose how meaningless the concept of community loyalty is on any level including 'love', and how you could be walking healthy and powerful one day and be fatally hit by a car the next.

Just live your life, if Allah swt wants you to be with another Somali, it will happen, no need to force it or base your decision on what others think, outside of your parents ofcourse.

Just live and enjoy.

Chimera   

Che, its meaningless, no Somali should thwart their good chances in life in the name of ethnicity, there is nothing to gain from it.

Aaliyah lol Che would still complain and tell me to 'stop trolling'.