Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Dating/marrying a non-Somali

Narniah   

Rahima;894145 wrote:
Repulsive? Of course it is generalisation
but her points are very much close to reality

As for the question of to go ajanabi or not? Whatever floats your boat really, you're the one who has to live with the person.

Thanks Rahima.

5;894129 wrote:

Narniah
, I like you sister, but your post is repulsive. It sounds like it was written by a neo-conservative white middle aged man who is trying to get into the pants of Somali women by trashing Somali men. Stop hating on the brothers, sis.

I wasn't thrashing all Somali men, I was just answering a question I was asked. This is why I don't like to get into debates with people on this forum cause no one leaves room for any understanding it's your either with them or against them there's no middle ground. Maybe you haven't read my post sister but I blatantly stated that I felt sorry for the sisters who felt that way. I don't know why people like to only read parts of my posts and ignore my main point. Oh well, I'm use to it but please re-read my post as you seem to have missed my own point.

Let's not forget that I'm Somali too, and so is my lovely father though I believe men like him are rare in any community nevertheless there are many amazing brothers in our community some of them being my own brothers, and I admire and look up to them.

RaMpAgE;894074 wrote:
If you wanna marry some dhagax or cadaan or whatnot, its your choice, but don't try to push your mix-breeding agenda on us.

Oh pls man, don't you ever have anything new to say? You say that same lame line to every post I make about marrying out the community.

Isn't dagax a stone in af somali, why am I suppose to marry one? Such a deranged individual you are. Pathetic, you think Somalis are full blooded? They are also mixed, so you can kindly shove your racist comments.

Oh and what a coincidence today a Bosnian brother who's a 10 in looks n deen proposed to me...Hmm..

Wadani;894071 wrote:
Narniah, I recognize that there are many dysfunctions within Somali society. But our opinions of any social phenomena are not only shaped by reality as we experience and observe it, but our perceptions will also be shaped by how much we choose to focus on one aspect of reality to the exclusion of others. This leads to extreme and rigid views, and broad generalizations that do not capture the truth in its entirety.

The truth is, despite all of the existing problems u've so aptly described, there are countless Somali men who are the complete antithesis to the protypical dead beat Faarax loser you take issue with. So just as you recommend that we look around us, I advise u to do the same and u may become pleasantly (maybe unpleasantly lol) surprised.

I will do that bro, and I know some really nice Somali guys I just don't have anything in common with them unfortunately. The ones who got the looks don't have deen and the ones with deen don't have looks...Long story...

Thanks

RaMpAgE   

Narniah;895677 wrote:
Thanks Rahima.

I wasn't thrashing all Somali men, I was just answering a question I was asked. This is why I don't like to get into debates with people on this forum cause no one leaves room for any understanding it's your either with them or against them there's no middle ground. Maybe you haven't read my post sister but I blatantly stated that I felt sorry for the sisters who felt that way. I don't know why people like to only read parts of my posts and ignore my main point. Oh well, I'm use to it but please re-read my post as you seem to have missed my own point.

Let's not forget that I'm Somali too, and so is my lovely father though I believe men like him are rare in any community nevertheless there are many amazing brothers in our community some of them being my own brothers, and I admire and look up to them.

Oh pls man, don't you ever have anything new to say? You say that same lame line to every post I make about marrying out the community.

Isn't dagax a stone in af somali, why am I suppose to marry one? Such a deranged individual you are. Pathetic, you think Somalis are full blooded? They are also mixed, so you can kindly shove your racist comments.

Oh and what a coincidence today a Bosnian brother who's a 10 in looks n deen proposed to me...Hmm..

I will do that bro, and I know some really nice Somali guys I just don't have anything in common with them unfortunately. The ones who got the looks don't have deen and the ones with deen don't have looks...Long story...

Thanks

The only think the shines from this post is your lack of self esteem, and your deep seated hatred of anything Somali, especially Somali men. Now I don't blame you, alot of young Somali girls suffer from this disease, a lack of self esteem, they will generally try to cover it up by using religion to get their point across, but we all know deep down they hate themselves and their culture. Furthermore in order to justify your fetish for ajnabi men you go about bashing Somalis and Somali culture, even calling us mixed breed, which any proud Somali would stand against such blaspheme. Like I said if you have fetish for dhagax, cadaans or whatever, that's your choice but don't come and try to force us to accept it.

Miyir   

Narniah;895677 wrote:

Oh and what a coincidence today a Bosnian brother who's a 10 in
l
ooks
n
deen
proposed to me...Hmm..

I will do that bro, and I know some really nice Somali guys I just don't have anything in common with them unfortunately. The ones who got the
looks
don't have deen and the ones with
deen
don't have l
ooks.
..Long story...

Thanks

Hook point

Looks n deen.

Where is my Cimaamo.

:cool:

Ibtisam   

^^^What is wrong with deen? and can't someone with deen have culture also?

Eeer on topic- marry who you want- it is you who has to live with them, not everyone else. I dont understand this whole consulting everyone about who you marry business. If ever I decide to leave my Bengali kusband, I am not consulting anyone about the next one either. :P

*Ibtisam;895782 wrote:
If ever I decide to leave my Bengali kusband, I am not consulting anyone about the next one either.
:P

should i call off my caqils and adeers and the 100 grams of Gold (about $8,000.00) mehr? LOOOOOL

you're on the expensive side ma iistiri. :P

Ibtisam   

Apophis regardless how much we stretch the deen lines/ aspect, you will still be excluded, so what does it matter what specific kind they are looking for? It is never gonna be deen-less.

I have met some religious people who say culture is xaram and equal to gaalnimo.

RaMpAgE   

Apophis;895799 wrote:
There's nothing wrong with "deen" and someone with "deen" can also be cultured but it becomes a problem when these mullahs are convincing women they should only choose their future husbands based on "deen". It's a horrible cliche now. Every (ok I'm stretching it
:D
) Somali chic is starting the convo and finishing it with "deen". And they're looking for a specific kind of "deen" with clearly visible attire and facial features. I don't blame the women; I blame the people of A&T & NGONGE'S generation who have allowed this brainwashing to occur under their watch. They have utterly failed and abrogated their responsibilities.

Well said, u made some excellent points..you can have 'deen' and also be cultured, alot of these brainwashed youth have low self esteem and would bend over backwards for other people.

Wadani   

Exactly, Apo is right on this one. Too bad he's gone to the other extreme though and has disaowed anything and everything deeni.