Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Useful Tips Sharing Thread

In the UK, subway does 10% student discount! For the students out there, allthough it is little known and not so well advertised, Subway does 10% student discount if you present your student card; inclusive of both colleges and university. :D

1JwYR.gif

Don't eat fried take-away foods!

Don't drink pop a.ka. fizzy drinks, think of the damage it does to your teeth.

Stay away from white sugar, it is refined sugar and your body finds it more difficult to get rid off. Use sweetners such as splenda or fail all else brown sugar.

If you want to search for something on a specific website, you can do so very effectively by going to Google and using the following search terms:

(The example here is somaliaonline, and we are searching for tips).

site:[insert just the name of the website/domain-name here, leaving out the protocol].[insert the TLD a.k.a top level domain] [lastly, insert your search term here i.e. what you are searching for]

So we type into the google search bar:

site:somaliaonline.com/community Tips

I would like to download the entire Qur'aan to my iPod - any tips on how or where I can get this done would be very very helpful.

Waad mahadsantihiin in advance.

Valenteenah.;893458 wrote:
I would like to download the entire Qur'aan to my iPod - any tips on how or where I can get this done would be very very helpful.

Waad mahadsantihiin in advance.

I've done this but I cant remember how. I would just copy you all the suras in MP by Sheikh Sudaid, if there were a way to do it.

Try audioquraan.com, I think that is how I did it.

Valenteenah disregard what I said. Ive done a quick google search and It looks like Audioquraan (the original website) is no longer live. The current Audioquran.com website that is there looks like its a virus website.

Bless you, Blessed, and thanks very much!

OdaySomali, many thanks for the the heads-up!

Nin-Yaaban, I have been around - just got a bit busy. Hope you are well!

Val, why don't you download Quran Majeed or Holly Quran apps from the App store? Their lite versions are free i think and the full apps cost like $4.99 each.