Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Evil yet Pious Muslims

Coofle   

DoctorKenney;916936 wrote:
I think he's referring to those Muslims you see at the Mosque, who pray 5 times a day and perform all the religious obligations yet at the same time have an aura of malice and anger towards them. They are the brothers who would raise their voices and get threatening towards you if you disagree with them on the most trivial issues.

For example, once I was wearing a suit and tie, and a Brother approached me in a threatening manner, telling me how the suit and tie is imitating the Kaffirs. He was going on and on for almost half an hour, and the entire time he had a threatening posture, so if I dared say anything that would disagree with him, he might get violent.

Or those Duksi Teachers who viciously beat their students if they get the slightest Ayah wrong when reciting the Quran.

Or those Religious men who force their daughters to marry men who their daughters don't like.

Or those religious men who don't treat Christians, Jews and Hindus with courtesy and respect....but instead rant on what terrible people Non-Muslims are.

Or those religious men who are against trivial pursuits such as watching soccer games or going skiing.

I've met Non-Muslims who were some of the most courteous and respectful human beings I know. And I've also met Muslims who were malicious and generally unpleasant people to be around. And I've noticed that some of the Somali brothers who used to be drug addicts and convicts---when they start to practice the Deen more---still haven't let go of their destructive mentality. They don't have Rahma in their hearts. They may be practicing the Deen but I can't say they are good people.

I could go on and on for hours about these men. But I think this is sufficient

++++++++++ ... Hadalkiiba waad dhamaysay datoore

Narniah   

Those unfortunate qualities you mention are the characteristics of the Munafiqeen. A practising pious muslim wouldn't do that.

Wadani   

DoctorKenney;916936 wrote:
I think he's referring to those Muslims you see at the Mosque, who pray 5 times a day and perform all the religious obligations yet at the same time have an aura of malice and anger towards them. They are the brothers who would raise their voices and get threatening towards you if you disagree with them on the most trivial issues.

For example, once I was wearing a suit and tie, and a Brother approached me in a threatening manner, telling me how the suit and tie is imitating the Kaffirs. He was going on and on for almost half an hour, and the entire time he had a threatening posture, so if I dared say anything that would disagree with him, he might get violent.

Or those Duksi Teachers who viciously beat their students if they get the slightest Ayah wrong when reciting the Quran.

Or those Religious men who force their daughters to marry men who their daughters don't like.

Or those religious men who don't treat Christians, Jews and Hindus with courtesy and respect....but instead rant on what terrible people Non-Muslims are.

Or those religious men who are against trivial pursuits such as watching soccer games or going skiing.

I've met Non-Muslims who were some of the most courteous and respectful human beings I know. And I've also met Muslims who were malicious and generally unpleasant people to be around. And I've noticed that some of the Somali brothers who used to be drug addicts and convicts---when they start to practice the Deen more---still haven't let go of their destructive mentality. They don't have Rahma in their hearts. They may be practicing the Deen but I can't say they are good people.

I could go on and on for hours about these men. But I think this is sufficient

Good real life examples.