Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Oba's Malayaacni Thread

hmm the states, yes the american dream is very alluring eh? interesting professor Saffy. we can increase the number of somali intellectuals from 7 to 8 markas. i think kooxda SP will be raised in miyiga

Safferz   

Miy is a difficult life in a harsh landscape SP, I'm not sure why so many of us romanticize it. Why does it appeal to you?

Safferz   

Fair enough, but I am interested to hear your thoughts on it because you're not the first to express the desire to start a new life in miyiga :)

Saffy you let me slide by topics too easily! have you ever followed up on the previous subjects i have pushed to the side hoorta :D. it would have been convenient if we were an actual couple saffy huh?

Saffy: if you like it, put a ring on it

SP: this is a multifaceted issue dear

Saffy: fair enough

:D :D :D :D

ama

saffy: if you like it, put a ring on it

SP: its getting late dee, lets have this convo another day

saffy: fair enough

:D

anyways, i dont think i would like to 'start anew' in miyiga... More so have my kids be raised there during their upbringing. idk saffy my views toward miyiga at least being raised there, encompass a philosophical, cultural, personal, and almost instinctual, outlook i have. a variety of shallow and deep sentiments eh saffy?

The Chronology of SP and his relationship with music:

*This chronology starts at a random point in SP's life and continues from there and ends at a random moment in SPS life...

impressionable youth days...

am i black or am i wangsta days...

remnants of the 90's culture days...

i only listen to radio music days...

hey, akon is a muslim days...

conspiracy theorist days

more realistic transitioned into conscious rap days

knaan phase

impressionable student days

hippie days

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;954987 wrote:
Saffy you let me slide by topics too easily! have you ever followed up on the previous subjects i have pushed to the side hoorta
. it would have been convenient if we were an actual couple saffy huh?

Saffy: if you like it, put a ring on it

SP: this is a multifaceted issue dear

Saffy: fair enough

ama

saffy: if you like it, put a ring on it

SP: its getting late dee, lets have this convo another day

saffy: fair enough

looool you're right, damn. I'm just too nice to you SP :)

I still think that view of miyiga is romantic and unrealistic... the quality of life will be poor, and resources are thin. I don't mean to speak ill of miy, we all have relatives there and even those of us who are from cities are only a few generations removed from it, but the fact is that life there is difficult. Somalia has one of the highest rates of child and maternal mortality in the world, and one of shortest life expectancies, and all of the figures are worse for those who live outside of the major cities. I'm assuming you want your children to be literate and attend school too lol

Safferz   

SP I think we are soulmates, my musical history looks very similar, although I would also include the era of boy and girl bands, and perhaps the life altering moment when I first heard Destiny's Child and my love for Beyonce began. But why do you want me to die in childbirth in miyiga? :(

Saffy I am tempted to continue our history and push this topic to the side as it is late.. though since you have been nice to me, I will at least try share a little bit with you caawo. I think kids raised in miyiga have a much more firm sense of identity. Miyiga is a life founded on family, survival, nature, and strong culture. whereas life outside miyiga is a life of mirages almost especially in developed nations where TV ama the web ama the materialist culture consume our ever days and i think serves as obstacles to building a strong sense of self, especially in the upbringing. from my experience kids raised in miyiga to be more mature and mentally advance compared to kids raised here. i think parents in many ways can foster these 'benefits' of miyi life in their household practically anywhere, but there is a time when the culture becomes too predominant and overwhelming and with that their efforts slowly erode. this is a snippet of 3 am SP's frame of mind saffy

Safferz   

I agree with you completely, but on the other side there are also all the issues I've mentioned. You will have to live in miy with your Dhusamareb wife, because I refuse :mad:

Safferz;954991 wrote:
SP I think we are soulmates, my musical history looks very similar, although I would also include the era of boy and girl bands, and perhaps the life altering moment when I first heard Destiny's Child and my love for Beyonce began. But why do you want me to die in childbirth in miyiga?
:(

saffy are you just catching the SP fever? you know saffy, there was a time che guevara's daughter was really sick so his wife wanted to use che's government car to rush her to the hospital. che refused and took the bus with his family as he deemed it a great injustice to use such privilege when looking at the state of his people.

dont worry saffy you will be driven to the hospital during child birth ;)

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;954997 wrote:
saffy are you just catching the SP fever? you know saffy, there was a time che guevara's daughter was really sick so his wife wanted to use che's government car to rush her to the hospital. che refused and took the bus with his family as he deemed it a great injustice to use such privilege when looking at the state of his people. dont worry saffy you will be driven to the hospital during child birth
;)

lool SP fever kulaha, just because I've now made some gestures to acknowledge things you've been saying during your months of infatuation with me.