Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Oba's Malayaacni Thread

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;956301 wrote:
maxaay ahayd.....Duriyadda culture laba ka xeeran? balse, you're at a lost wasting your time with little girl.

I am sure she is far from being little and you know that so be man and apologise to her.

Safferz   

Tallaabo;956297 wrote:
Mr Alpha, let me also tell you that I am a cautious disciple of the esteemed Suffy feminist school of thought :cool:

:D :D

Safferz   

Tallaabo;956881 wrote:
You are not doing this, are you?

screenshot20130313at416.png

Haha no way, I didn't take much off and it looks good! I prefer to dust my own ends after a bad haircut with a new stylist a few months ago, never letting someone new touch my hair again :mad:

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;957194 wrote:
wait a minute is that saffy?

how do you talk out a youth from joining the military?

lool SP :P

That's a tough situation, I'm not sure... talking to this young person and finding out their reasons for wanting to join is a good start, and from there perhaps presenting other options to them? Young people also had a distorted sense of their own mortality, make sure he/she understands the reality of military life and war.

Safferz   

Good luck SP :)

So since my phone broke (fixed now but the camera somehow disabled itself so I'm taking it back to the shop), I've turned into one of those douchebags who uses an iPad to take photos, including selfies. I've laughed at people for this before. Have I become a hypocrite?

AqQjzDQCMAAPSTq.jpg

Abaartii Dabadheer, I feel a powerful movie can be made off this.

Wiki:

"Between 1974 and 1975, a major drought referred to as the Abaartii Dabadheer ("The Lingering Drought") occurred in the northern regions of Somalia. The Soviet Union, which at the time maintained strategic relations with the Siad Barre government, airlifted some 90,000 people from the devastated regions of Hobyo and Caynaba. New small settlements referred to as Danwadaagaha ("Collective Settlements") were then created in the Jubbada Hoose (Lower Jubba) and Jubbada Dhexe (Middle Jubba) regions. The transplanted families were also introduced to farming and fishing techniques, a change from their traditional pastoralist lifestyle of livestock herding."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubaland#1974_resettlement

Safferz   

^^ I do look something like that :(

SomaliPhilosopher;957204 wrote:
Abaartii Dabadheer, I feel a powerful movie can be made off this.

Wiki:

"Between 1974 and 1975, a major drought referred to as the Abaartii Dabadheer ("The Lingering Drought") occurred in the northern regions of Somalia. The Soviet Union, which at the time maintained strategic relations with the Siad Barre government, airlifted some 90,000 people from the devastated regions of Hobyo and Caynaba. New small settlements referred to as Danwadaagaha ("Collective Settlements") were then created in the Jubbada Hoose (Lower Jubba) and Jubbada Dhexe (Middle Jubba) regions. The transplanted families were also introduced to farming and fishing techniques, a change from their traditional pastoralist lifestyle of livestock herding."

I'm sitting at the table with my dad and asked him what he remembers about those years, and he said it's one of the few good things Siad Barre did lol. He said at the time Barre made a speech where he said, "ruux Soomaaliyeed gaajo u diman maayo."

That same drought also helped topple Haile Selassie, whose state was unable to respond effectively while his people starved. I was struck by that bit of history during the famine we had in 2011, where some 260,000 Somalis died... there is a direct link between famine and political instability/weak governance, and we once had a state that could mobilize resources and deal with drought. The economist Amartya Sen went further to argue that famines don't happen in democracies.