Sign in to follow this  
Yunis

6 dead in Eastleigh matatu explosion

Akhiyaarta waad mahadsantihiin ducadiina.

The stand off still continues , last night the supper power guys(Local somali gangs) attacked the thugs and drove them away. Today the thugs from Mathare slum regrouped and attacked islii and the somalis are defending their business and the tit for tat battle is raging.

As i type this I am getting the news that one man from Mathare is killed while he was beating up an old Somali lady . Am hearing sporadic gun shots .

The business are closed and today was supposed to be one of the busiest days as we approach the Xmas.

tutu   

Stoic...I do the same to the police as your father. I usually give them hard time and hardly carry my identity card. I admire his courage. The pink cards, screening, as they used to call was a nasty affair orchestrated by few Kenyan-Somali individuals to expel rich and influential people from other clans.... But we’ve come a long way now save for the irrelevant hostility brought on by the alshabaab. As a neutral community, we are entrusted with the most coveted instituitions in today’s Kenya.

Wadani;890362 wrote:
So Tutu, it took something like this to happen for u to realize that ur no better than your brothers over the border? SMH. But i guess it's better late than never.

Wadani...Of course, I still think I am better than them. I don’t kill, loot, maim, rape as they did for last two decades. And in regards to my change of view today; nothing changed on my view of Somalis from Somalia but my perspective on ‘Kenyanism’.

By the way, every Somali you meet is ‘Wadani’ and you wonder why the country is in ruins if everyone is so patriotic. Another wonder of the world, you could say.

Guys, this is just a passing cloud (throwing stones and wielding machetes for few days is a typical trait of Kenyans; note those involved are thugs and chokoras and do not represent the ordinary Kenyan). It happens all the time in Kenya, even amongst other Kenyan tribes, be it in Kisumu, Turkana or Garissa (between Somali tribes). But never would Kenya degenerate to Liberia's or Somalia's level as some of you are insinuating. It's much safer to invest in Nairobi than Mogadishu.

tutu   

And what's with all the bashing of Kenya and Kenyans. Calling Kenyans Xoolo. That was funny considering Somalia's history for the last decade. I guess Somalis are genetically predisposed to be ignorant of their own failures and weaknesses, but despise or foul-mouth others who are apparently better than them. Kenya didn't kill it's citizens or rape innocent women and children for the last 20 yrs! But rather had to bear such unappreciative individuals who's causing mayhem in a country that gave you refuge (when your own kin were yearning for your blood). So who is the xoolo here? Somalida waxaad u maleysaa in ey kujiraan 'trance' waligoodba. And have no sense of reality. Wake up and look to your left and right and tell me what you see.

oba hiloowlow;890381 wrote:
kenyans are subhumans waa xoolo i hope Al shabaab bombs the shit out of them.

Such statements tells of your nut-sized brain.

tutu   

Apophis;890482 wrote:
@tutu: pay no attention to the false "solidarity" displayed here. Many would here would nuke the country given half a chance.

I reckon so considering their hate-filled tribal allegiance.

Haatu   

tutu, jaahil baad tahey. You suffer from sever inferiority complex that reminds me of the house-slave/field-slave way of thinking. If you think your 'Kenyan brothers' value the people of North East, why does the region only have ~9KM of paved road? Why is the capital of the region Garissa so under-developed compared to other cities of the same station? Why is it that there's a massive checkpoint at the bridge if you're truly Kenyan? Ninyahow garo dadkaada iney yihiin kuwa aad cayneysid iyo kuwa maanta aad u aragtid walaalahaa iney neceyb un kuu haayaa.

Before you start calling me reer Somalia, know that I was born and bred in Garissa, in suuqa xoolaha opposite al faaruuq masjid.

Haatu   

That said, it's about time the Somalis of NEP realise that our future is NOT in Kenya as it is. Whether we demand more autonomy (I'm aware of the new county system) or we secede all together is another question but we've been treated badly for too long.

tatu. The somaliu are not inherently violant as the bantu, compare any african country that has experience civil war to somalia and you will find that , although somali civil war was bloody it was much better than the bantus, the kenya are obedient by nature they are afraid of power and never challenge it , thats why they have had peace for so long most kenyans live in abstract poverty, but never challenge the statues quo, their country is under financial imperialism and they feel the new comers the somalis are getting more from their country than they are. If there wasnt a strong government structure that was basically handed over to them by their colonial master they would never have had the vision to come together in that manners, and even today hey have some of the worst inter-tribal wars in east africa. I fear what a kenyan collapse would bring, i have no doubt in my mind that they would most likely genocide each other like the rwandas, and in the process they would most likely wipe out a good majority of the somali population in the country...God willing it will not come to that.

Kenyaatiga kaliya yaala eedeen. Kuwa Soomaalida ka buuxo dhib la wado, siiba kuwa iskugu magacdaray Superpower oo dadkii ka adeegan la' shalay iyo maanta. Iyagii iyo Kenyaatigii tuugada ishelay. Waxa dhiba ka socdana Islii dhan ma'aha waa kaliya Segshan 1, oo Kenyaati ku badan iyo Jaamka oo awalba ahayd xaafad iska xun kuwaas so-called Superpower ah dadka ku dhibi jiray in the past year. Isliida kale Soomaalida joogaan wax saas u weyn kama socdo.

Here, I took this picture at the 8th Street in front of Day to Day Centre this afternoon in Islii. Yes, dukaamada wey wada xiranyihiin iyo dhawaaqa rasaasta mar mar ayaa maqleysaa, but xaafadaha Soomaalida ku badantahay masoo haweysan wali, from 6th St to 12th St. Kenyaatiga iyagaa naftooda u baqaayo xaafadahaan markii la joogo.

535411_10151162845863883_731181925_n.jpg

Balaayo kale Gaarisa ka socotaa maanta oo suuqii qeyb ka mid ah booliiska gubay la leeyahay. Eebba ha sahlo amuuraha -- aamiin.

tutu   

Haatu;890546 wrote:
tutu, jaahil baad tahey. You suffer from sever inferiority complex that reminds me of the house-slave/field-slave way of thinking. If you think your 'Kenyan brothers' value the people of North East, why does the region only have ~9KM of paved road? Why is the capital of the region Garissa so under-developed compared to other cities of the same station? Why is it that there's a massive checkpoint at the bridge if you're truly Kenyan? Ninyahow garo dadkaada iney yihiin kuwa aad cayneysid iyo kuwa maanta aad u aragtid walaalahaa iney neceyb un kuu haayaa.

Before you start calling me reer Somalia, know that I was born and bred in Garissa, in suuqa xoolaha opposite al faaruuq masjid.

Sooner or later I knew that over-used card of 'inferiority complex' would be thrown at me. So it took you years of living in Qurbaha and interracting with Somalis of Somalia to realize you've being a slave eh? And call Kenyans subhumans? Ever heard of independent thinking? I'm sure you had a different opinion on N.E.P's position when you were in Gsa, but justifying your downtrodden view of Garissa can be deemed as a result of cognitive dissonance (partially as a way to justify your status as a Somali refugee in the West).

9km of tarmacked road? That's reflective of Kenya's state of affairs (that's if you are conversant with Kenya's goings beyond suuqa xoolaha in Gsa)...unless you wanna tell me of the huge development and modern infrastructure in Eastern, Turkana and Coast Provinces:).

I acknowledge N.E.P's issues but as I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts, we've come a long way.

And joining Somalia, that's most comical and sappy statement I've ever come across. Listen to yourself before you jotting down such nonsense. And if you didn't know Somalia belongs to you and me as much as it belongs to those fighting over it's barren land.

tutu   

^^ Before the predictable minnows jump into the bandwagon of 'what did we say about your Kenyan brothers', I should point out the contrariness here; KDF gets its orders from a Somali who believes Garissians are hiding those behind the killings. Who to blame then?

'Turning on our Somali brothers both foolish and self-defeating'.......

http://www.nation.co.ke/blogs/Turning-on-Somalis-foolish-and-self-defeating/-/446672/1624412/-/view/asBlogPost/-/qio5nb/-/index.html

These are thugs taking advantage of the situation. It has nothing to do with Kenyans attacking Somalis. Just as AS doesn't represent Somalis, these thugs don't represent Kenyans. Let's pray things to calm down and hope the police and other state security apparatus will take the lead.