Sign in to follow this  
Apophis

Euthanasia coaster

Apophis   

Would anyone consider this option if they were facing terminal illness and prolonged painful exit? I would; sounds like a fun way to go.

^^ Agreed Alpha. Although i must admit i'm slightly intrigued by it all. Will they do public shows, I'm down for seeing Johnny's last ride.

Hope all is well Alpha as election fever grips Somaliland.

Apophis   

Archdemos;890065 wrote:
Apo, you're an interesting addition to the SOL family.

Thanks.

Alpha Blondy;890066 wrote:
ethical issues are not your forte Apo. ethics are derived from morality and morality must always be judged on an objective criteria.

There's nothing objective about morality sxb. Morality is ambiguous at best and relative at worst.

Apophis;890070 wrote:

There's nothing objective about morality sxb. Morality is ambiguous at best and relative at worst.

right....give me a clear definition of what constitutions morality.

Haatu   

Why would you want to kill yourself? I don't buy all the rubbish excuses, what mentally sane person would want that? The ones that do probably suffer from extreme depression to be able to contemplate such a profanity.

Apophis   

Alpha Blondy;890080 wrote:
right....give me a clear definition of what constitutions morality.

I can't and neither can anyone else, hence relativity.

Haatu;890091 wrote:
Why would you want to kill yourself? I don't buy all the rubbish excuses, what mentally sane person would want that? The ones that do probably suffer from extreme depression to be able to contemplate such a profanity.

You've never spoke with anyone suffering with terminal cancer,AIDS or all the other horrible illnesses which kill you slowly and painfully, have you? Your simplicity on this is surprising.

Haatu   

Apo, I've seen them and quite frankly I'd rather suffer through because I believe I would be rewarded by my suffering. However, I believe that depression is what makes them want to die.

Apophis   

Alpha Blondy;890101 wrote:
how is it derived then?

I'm not an anthropologist but I would guess Isolated societies agree on "rules of conduct" for those within the same group and their "guests".

Haatu;890102 wrote:
Apo, I've seen them and quite frankly I'd rather suffer through because I believe I would be rewarded by my suffering.
However,
I believe that depression is what makes them want to die

Are you kidding? So it's not the agonising, soul destroying pain?

Haatu   

Sxb, have you ever been really ill, not flu but properly ill? Well if you have, you should know that the depression that comes with it is unbearable. But granted so is the pain.

My whole objection to this is I believe a society should now allow euthanasia as it's not conducive to a healthy society.