Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

shaking hands with the opposite sex

Narniah   

Wadani;889646 wrote:
I find that its much easier for Muslim women to uphold this practise in the western world, because as a man if u refuse to shake the hands of gaalo women they'll assume your a sexist misogynist who holds women to be unworthy of touching. They already believe this about Muslim men, and not shaking their hand will only serve to confirm and reinforce their misguided assumptions.

Excuses, excuses. Why do you care what people think of you? You think you got it harder to practice your deen than a Muslim woman?:/

That's just sad that you think that way.

OdaySomali;889561 wrote:
Guide us, oh Narniah.
shaq.png

You think you are so funny, don't you.

Only Allah can guide you.

Aaliyyah;889761 wrote:
Actually there are people who believe they can shake hands with gloves on..but you are right most niqaabs don't shake hands with the opposite sex. Good to know you were kidding.

Lol this reminds me of something rather weird I once encountered; These group of somali women (not niqaabis) shook hands with some men but covered their hands with their gabasar lol.

smh.

Jacpher   

Wadani;889646 wrote:
I find that its much easier for Muslim women to uphold this practise in the western world, because as a man if u refuse to shake the hands of gaalo women they'll assume your a sexist misogynist who holds women to be unworthy of touching. They already believe this about Muslim men, and not shaking their hand will only serve to confirm and reinforce their misguided assumptions.

Should Muslims also stop taking prayer break time because it confirms and reinforces the misguided assumptions of Muslims going into a backroom to scream Allahu Akbar before they go on a rampage. Your argument is as absurd as this analogy sounds. You don't ask for permission from someone for you to worship your God. You don't stop pleasing God because others find it displeasure or inconvenience. You don't let the views of other people dictate how you conduct your religion. Your religion is your business, it defines you and who you are; so don't let others define you or give you a narrative that is not yours.

Wadani   

Listen Jacpher and Narniah, im not a wahhabi so I dont view some deeni things the same as u guys. Anyone thats reads my posts on this forum knows I dont give a shit wat gaalos or the white man think of me. I'm a Somali Muslim from the honorable Garxajis clan (all Somali clans are honorable by the way lol), ma cid iga fiican baa jirta?

Wadani;889901 wrote:
Listen Jacpher and Narniah, im not a wahhabi so I dont view some deeni things the same as u guys. Anyone thats reads my posts on this forum knows I dont give a shit wat gaalos or the white man think of me. I'm a Somali Muslim from the honorable Garxajis clan (all Somali clans are honorable by the way lol), ma cid iga fiican baa jirta?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@ the last part, rageedi

Aaliyyah   

Narniah;889874 wrote:

Lol this reminds me of something rather weird I once encountered; These group of somali women (not niqaabis) shook hands with some men but covered their hands with their gabasar lol.

smh.

LOL yeah I seen that too. There is a weak hadith that allows such hand shakes but it is not authentic.

Aaliyyah   

Blackflash;889890 wrote:
I'll cease all trolling activities, you have my word on that. Let's shake on it.

LOL@ lets shake on it.....no thanks.

Jacpher   

Wadani;889901 wrote:

Hayye waa qolomaa garxajiskaas?

Mario B   

Narniah;889556 wrote:
One thing you take from a topic like this is that the majority of Somali men aren't practicing Muslims.

I don't shake hands with the opposite gender, my friends/co-workers know this and respect it.

If a Muslim [ who avoids major sins] who happen to shake the hand of the opposite is non-practising, according to you, then what you will call a Muslim who drinks, commits zinna and advocates clan murder? We need to exercise some proportionality here, me thinks!