Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

shaking hands with the opposite sex

Aaliyyah   

Jacphar is it because you think it is permissable to shake hands with niqaabis because they are wearing gloves? I don't think there is authentic hadith allowing that.

Wadani   

I find that its much easier for Muslim women to uphold this practise in the western world, because as a man if u refuse to shake the hands of gaalo women they'll assume your a sexist misogynist who holds women to be unworthy of touching. They already believe this about Muslim men, and not shaking their hand will only serve to confirm and reinforce their misguided assumptions.

wyre   

not only the muslims don't handshake also the orthodox don't, so tell him politely i am muslim and our religion doesn't allow it, I hope that person will understand that

wyre   

Somalia;889534 wrote:
Clearly if a man shakes a woman's hand he will jizz in his pants....... wtf

War somalia wuu qaan gaaray :D

Rahima   

Aaliyyah;889643 wrote:
Jacphar is it because you think it is permissable to shake hands with niqaabis because they are wearing gloves? I don't think there is authentic hadith allowing that.

He was taking the piss out of the situation....or are you taking the piss out of him?

Anyhow i suggest that fellow SOLers be very careful about mocking the diin. It is one thing for us to commit the sin of shaking hands with the opposite sex but a completely different ball game to make fun of the religion.

Jacpher   

Aaliyyah;889643 wrote:

With or without gloves I don't think niqabis shake hands. I wasn't serious about the question, was just kidding.

Aaliyyah   

Rahima;889723 wrote:
He was taking the piss out of the situation....or are you taking the piss out of him?

Anyhow i suggest that fellow SOLers be very careful about mocking the diin. It is one thing for us to commit the sin of shaking hands with the opposite sex but a completely different ball game to make fun of the religion.

LOL Rahima ...no I was being serious.

You are absolutely right people shouldnt be mocking the diin. That is danbi itself.

Aaliyyah   

Jacpher;889725 wrote:
With or without gloves I don't think niqabis shake hands. I wasn't serious about the question, was just kidding.

Actually there are people who believe they can shake hands with gloves on..but you are right most niqaabs don't shake hands with the opposite sex. Good to know you were kidding.

Aaliyyah   

wyre;889672 wrote:
not only the muslims don't handshake also the orthodox don't, so tell him politely i am muslim and our religion doesn't allow it, I hope that person will understand that

Will do that. Thanks for the advice :)

Jacpher   

^I was just kidding around. I shouldn't have perhaps because people would think I go asking niqabi susters to shake hands. :D. Don't try it people. You may get labo dhangalaas on your head.

On a serious note, diinta ain't opinion or one's thought of what they think is right or wrong. Seek the correct guidance on the nusuus from the kitaab & the sunnah. Whether you are in Alaska or Austeria, diintu iyo nusuusta waa hal.

Wadani   

^ That's not true walaalo. I agree nusuustu waa hal, but the interpretation of its intended meaning and how it should be implemented will vary. Even scholars who follow the same madhab/manhaj and belive in the same Aqeedah have differences of opinion. As long as one uses the Quran and Sunnah to guide his understanding, then he should be alright.

Aaliyyah   

Jacpher;889781 wrote:
^I was just kidding around. I shouldn't have perhaps because people would think I go asking niqabi susters to shake hands.
:D
. Don't try it people. You may get labo dhangalaas on your head.

On a serious note, diinta ain't opinion or one's thought of what they think is right or wrong. Seek the correct guidance on the nusuus from the kitaab & the sunnah. Whether you are in Alaska or Austeria, diintu iyo nusuusta waa hal.

You are right our religion isn't about the opinion of the average Muslim. But, I merely wanted to know peoples personal experience. It seems we are all struggling with this issue but inshallah if we follow the kitaab and the sunnah of our prophet csw wax a nagama xumnayaan. From now on I'm going to stop thinking that its awkward to not shake a guy's hand. Inshallah if we all become more confident about our Islamic teachings then people will respect us more.