Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

President Hassan must be impeached urgently to save Somalia

NGONGE   

^^ The president should have left all of this to his government to deal with. He should have stayed beyond the reach of A&T and his like. This is his biggest mistake and it's not an easy one to recover from.

STOIC   

Ngonge, I'm suspecting he was not confident that they will listen to his demands. I doubt he is in a viable position to give recommendations. He was absolutely wrong for sending individuals with questionable characters in the beginning, but still do you think that other side would have welcomed if it was different delegations? I doubt it was inappropriate for him to call the outside government since Somalia is already involved in a policy of "outside interference"

NGONGE   

^^ This is why you have PMs, Stoic. When they make a mistake, you sack them and form a new government. As it is, this looks like a hands on president and is fair game to all who wish to derail him.

STOIC very simple koonfurian politics

The president being from one clan

The clan from Kismayo and the juba regions are from another clan

The President wants to impose his rule of law in Kismayo

The locals in Kismayo being from another clan we want to rule our own territories

Puntlanders have some kind of sympathy with the Kismayo clan due to sharing a common ancestor and their dislike of the govt in Xamar.

The gedo clan are in a dilemma on one side they are part of the new govt Saacid shirdoon and on the other they don't mind a state in Kismayo led by their kin.

Than we have Mr Yusuf haaji and farah macalin top Kenyan Politicians but they share the same ancestors as the one in the juba regions and they encourage their kin in Jubaland to have their own state.

STOIC   

I don't understand the whole conflict.I don't even know who are the majority clans, but going by what the articles written by non-Somalis the whole thing stinks paradoxical conflicts of clan loyalty and affiliation with central government.

Somalia   

NGONGE;887692 wrote:
^^ This is why you have PMs, Stoic. When they make a mistake, you sack them and form a new government. As it is, this looks like a hands on president and is fair game to all who wish to derail him.

100% agree.

gooni   

Wali fara kama qodna kenya waxay ka mid ahyd awladihii lagu heshiiyay inaysan arimaha soomaaliya faraha la galin waayo dal iyo dad baa nooga maqan caqli galna maahan inay dawla qiimo leh nala dhisayso iyo fedaral

Hadii nimankan u adeegaya kenya juba land gacanta loo galiyo waxaa imaanaysa in sida kuwa jig jiga heeso kibaki lagu amaanayo kismaayo laga qaado,waana arin cawaaqib xun oo shalay ku keeni doonta abtigiis iyo tolkiisaba

Madax weynaha iyo dawladda cusub yaan laga dididn soomaiya soomaali baa leh

Sakata   

Abtigiis I haven't bein here for a while, I read some of the previous post you have written and they are balanced, but on the kismayuu issue :-) seems thet are you hallucinating at times, I am against foreign intervention period... (on the tribe issue waankugu qarxin rabay lakiin I will have you guessing)

The president didn't do anything wrong to be impeached, unfortunately all the optimism is gone now and the accomplishments of the previous government will not help him longer.

I think the president, though his intentions are well known now, still has some breathing room. For all we know, once in Kismaayo, the pm may sing a different tune. This thing has been falsely painted as pro kenya people vs. the central government. it is now clear that the Jubba communities are united, and they are not being hijacked by pro kenya groups. The government should play a wait and see game, if things go wrong they can intervene, if not they have no choice but to give their blessing.

Carafaat   

Naxar, the initial Kenyan plan waa la soo ogaaday. Lets see what they are up yo now. Aden Madobe just came back yesterday from Nairobi and meeting tolka (the Kikuyu President Kenyata).

Mario B   

Mario B;887419 wrote:
What I have noticed here is that those calling the president myopic, are themselve short sighted. I believe it's in the Presidents remit to form a temporary administration in the Jubooyinka using his position as commander in chief in this time of
war and emergency
, what he can't do is
to form a permanent admin for the region
...that can only come from regional selection/elections process. As far as I know Gen Madoobe is part of the SNA, on this occassion he has shown nothing but contempt and insubordinate behavior towards the President.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, there is nothing in the constitution that says the Federal Government can't form an interim administrations wether in the Jubboyinka or anywhere else. So let put this argument to bed. What is unconstitutional is for IGAD or anyone else from outside playing the role of the central government in the internal affairs of Somalia.

Haatu   

Mario B;934566 wrote:
I said it before, and I'll say it again, there is nothing in the constitution that says the Federal Government can't form an interim administrations wether in the Jubboyinka or anywhere else. So let put this argument to bed. What is unconstitutional is for IGAD or anyone else from outside playing the role of the central government in the internal affairs of Somalia.

But IGAD isn't. This is a locally owned process which IGAD was forced to support after the Somali government refused.