Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

President Hassan must be impeached urgently to save Somalia

Raamsade;887550 wrote:
This is pure political opportunism. These people are united by transient political opportunities. When these opportunities or their manufactured enemy dissipates, as it eventually will, they'll be at each other's throats once again. Which is all the more reason you need an impartial party like the central government, which is comprised of all clans, to protect the interests of all Somalis. You can entrust the welfare of the nation to people who have no principles.

To be fair, aren't you describing every Somali, Xiin and Abtigiis are not exactly the ones that keep the Nation's Capital and by extension the nation itself hostage for two decades?

Samsung   

An Urgent Plea To Members Of Our Federal Parliament: From Concerned Somali Citizens. To Prevent Political Crisis in Federal Somalia.

November 9, 2012

by Somali Concern Group (SCG)

http://www.somaliconcern.org/

After 21 years of brutal Dictatorship & After 20 odd years of civil starve, anarchy, warlord-ism, terrorism, tribalism, separatism and two devastating droughts, do not fail the over one million refugees paying the heavy price across the border who have waited far too long.

If you fail as you have done to govern yourselves for the last 20 years, the foreign powers who were send to aid you will rise to govern you. The choice is always before you, and getting more clear by the day, whether you will be slaves or whether you will be free. Parliament members are today responsible for President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, as it was they who voted him into power overwhelmingly. They do not work for him nor represent him. Rather they represent the whole of the Somali population, who have entrusted in them the right to vote on their behalf for the benefit of their country and their countrymen. They have no right to say they do not care. They must care! They have no right to say that whatever the outcome they can get along.

They must remember that their country and their countrymen cannot get along, cannot remain sound, cannot rebuilt its institutions, cannot protect its citizens, cannot move up its place in the world, unless those who have the right to vote do sustain and do guide the course of public affairs by the thoughtful exercise of that right in Parliament. The Divisive policies taken up by President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, which are in clear violations of our Federal Constitution must be killed in their tracks by Parliament, before it destroys the painful decade long progress made thus far. He has already in his short period in power on numerous occasions overstepped his boundaries, shown no respect or knowledge of Constitutional law, or the Federalism agreed upon. It is the duty of Parliament to check such *********, and be a balance of reason and power.

Members of Parliament do not hold a mere privilege to be exercised or not, as passing fancy may move them. They are charged with a great trust, one of the most important and most solemn which can be given into the keeping of an Somali citizen. It should be discharged thoughtfully and seriously, in accordance with its vast importance. As former Somali Constitution Minister in the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) MP Abdirahman Hoosh has stated For Parliament to accept an incomplete administration would be in violation of the Somali Federal Constitution, and that is unacceptable because the constitution was written to be adhered to,".

Our Constitution never contemplated that the conduct of this country, the direction of its affairs, the adoption of its policies, the maintenance of its principles, should be decided by a minority moved in part by self-interest and prejudice. They were framed on the theory that decisions would be made by the great body of voters inspired by patriotic motives. Faith in the people does not mean faith in a part of the people. It means faith in all the people. Our country is always safe when decisions are made by a majority of those who are entitled to it. It is always in peril when decisions are made by a minority.

We are always confronted with the question of whether we wish to be ruled by all the people or a part of the people, by the minority or the majority; whether we wish our leadership to be dominated by those who have been misled, through the presentation of half truths, into the formation of hasty, illogical and unsound conclusions; or whether we wish those to determine the course of our Government who have through due deliberation and careful consideration of all the factors involved reached a sound and mature conclusion.

In closing remarks, we have in a short period of time with this new leadership come to cross-roads with the politics of the past and that of the new. It is a shame that a new leader who was to be the symbol of our national unity,the guardian and promoter of the founding principles of the Constitution, a fresh face we all had high hopes off would dare attempt to drag us back to divisive policies, and disillude our Federal Constitution and political framework. This of all things can not and will not be the way forward. Members of parliament must take this serious issue into heart. Strict adherence to our Federal Constitution is not a choice, it is the law of the people & land the Somali Federal Republic. As stated in Article 87 of our Federal Constitution (2) "The President of the Federal Republic of Somalia shall carry out his duties in accordance with the Constitution and the other laws of the Federal Republic of Somalia." Continuation of President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud violations of our Federal Constitution after parliament corrects and cautions him on clear violations made thus far, should move Parliament to swiftly adopt Article 92 of our Constitution Impeachment and Discharging of Duties of the President of the Federal Republic of Somalia.

Article 87. The President of the Federal Republic of Somalia

(2) The President of the Federal Republic of Somalia shall carry out his duties in accordance with the

Constitution and the other laws of the Federal Republic of Somalia.

Article 92. Impeachment and Discharging of Duties of the President of the Federal

Republic of Somalia

(1) The House of the People of the Federal Parliament can propose the dismissal of the President of

the Federal Republic of Somalia if he is accused of treason, or gross violation of the Constitution

or the laws of the Federal Republic of Somalia.

(2) The motion for dismissing the President of the Federal Republic of Somalia may be introduced by

no less than one-third (1/3) of the total membership of the House of the People of the Federal

Parliament, and may be presented to the Constitutional Court, which shall preside over the case to

see whether it has legal grounds.

(3) If the Constitutional Court determines that the case has legal grounds, the President of the Federal

Republic of Somalia may be dismissed by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the total membership

of the two Houses of the Federal Parliament.

(4) If the President of the Federal Republic of Somalia is dismissed in accordance with Clauses 1-3 of

this Article, the Speaker of the House of the People of the Federal

lool@Condom. What else do you expect from Abtigiis. He is a call-box waa pay as you go car yaadan arkin bari asgoo dhinaca kale kahadlaya.

Bal wuxuu leeyahay araga Faroole ayaa conference kaqabanaya arimaha Jubooyinka looool. history repeats itself (hade yaa kula fahmaya hade) !!

Nin aan ku dagin doonin yuusan kuu rarin baan maqli jiray......halkaa kawad warka Faroole .

Daqane   

Firstly according to the excerpts of the constitution posted by samsung, there is currently no way that the president can be impeached there is no constitutional court or upper house of parliament that is to be appointed by yet non existing state entities.

Secondly if every action taken by the federal government is subject to impeachment then every federal government will be unable to carry out its mandate, and only turmoil can be expected from the center, mind you that this call for impeachment is being made before even the new cabinet has been voted on by the federal parliament.

What I do know and am aware of being currently resident in east africa with access to kenyan newspapers is the beatification of Ahmed Madoobe by Kenyan news agencies to something other than what he is, a rag tag militia leader, who has been consistent only on his lack of consistency and his willingness to get into bed with any faction including al-shabaab, remember that his falling out with them was an economic issue over control of kismayu port receipts, during that time the vaunted kab iyo lax alliance was non-existent although as is the norm in Somali politics new alignments are being made on a daily basis.

Unfortunately we are being asked to believe that the president is a tribalist on the basis of "inside information" that only abtigis is privy to, that the prime-minister is being used as a "condom" on the basis of "inside information" that again only abtigis is privy to, I would think that we as SOL'ers would be tired by the rigmarole of individuals having "inside information" that turns out to be either conventional wisdom that even a shoe shiner in front of kilimanjaro restaurant in eastleigh can impart or fevered imagination that pans out to be fundamentally untrue during every election, cabinet reshuffle or major decision.

The past few weeks we have seen nicknames ascribed to the president and now analogies to the prime-minister that we thought would go out of the window at the end of the transitional era, instead an intensity and flare up is all we see.

What warrants this?

If indeed the president is blundering on this matter the parliament which includes members from jubba land and the greater clan confederacy are there to provide the appropriate checks and balances on the actions of the president or are all the 275 members as well are supporters of the "HAG" conspiracy?

Why talk like an illiterate jahiil when there are so many other avenues to a peaceful resolution of the matter, either through the appointment of a commission by parliament it self, a censure of the president by a majority of parliament, or a grand conference held under the aegis of IGAD/AMISOM/U.N to be held with in the country or where ever might bring a sense of comity to discussions that shall bring a final resolution to the method and development of a federal state in the jubboyinka?

Indeed will actions such as appointing a different port manager from another clan or different district commissioners in Xamar be all that is needed to short circuit the tide of baseless invective streaming against not the president but the entire federal republic, parliament and constitutional structure, since it seems this all that is being called for?

Instead we are being treated to BOOM! statements of varying degrees of viciousness, violence, and untruthfulness [ refer to gobaanle in kismayu e.t.c], even abtigis stated that during this impasse no one should de-legitimize either the Federal republic or the jubbaland process and certain segments of the jubbaland communities, although I doubted the sincerity of that position because of the lazy reasoning behind the final paragraphs, I would like to know clearly and in an easily verifiable manner what the "inside information" he proffesers is, that could cause such a clear 180 degree turn, until then this man in the fashion of an ethiopian funeral is wailing and gnashing teeth in a manner to cause bystanders hearts to break, with out even knowing the deceased with any degree of familiarity.

As to the issue of the charcoal exportation it shall be sold, with proceeds divided by the notoriously corrupt government apparatus of kenya, ras kambooni, and which ever local business men can exert influence on the process, yaacni bililiqo.

What happened in kismayu was shameful with the federal delegation being turned away by the kenyan forces, it has futher clarified the current situation in jubbaland for those that do not have a dog in the fight.

Abtigiis   

Daqane, which of our classified information are you discrediting? Or is this a way of attacking the information I presented by attacking me?

Daqane   

I am not attacking you, I have merely asked you to clearly state what the "classified information" you have is, that would make a level headed contributor such as yourself :) call for the impeachment of the president or a return to the early 90's.

Until you clarify in a verifiable manner how are we to take you more seriously than all the other trolls who claim insider knowledge when ever they wish to make a BOOM! statement seem valid.

NGONGE   

^^ He's right though. You didn't really present any information. You gave your usual "trust me, I know" speech (waliba with the usual "we"). :D

Having said that, and whilst I still think Ahmed Madobe to be the worst kind of warlord, I don't think the Somali president covers himself in roses in this incident either.

Further still, I don't buy the argument that you and Xiin are the only clan supporters in here; not when Abwaan urges you to concentrate on NFD or ONLF matters only. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Well, I admit that my eyesight is not as good as it used to be but I can still spot the AK47 even when it's carried by someone claiming to be a downtrodden beggar. :P

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, I have stated the information I said I heard. As far as I am concerned when I talk of insider information the only thing that matters is to be honest with myself, not to assuage the feelings or the appetite of puny men in this forum.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;887666 wrote:
Ngonge, I have stated the information I said I heard. As far as I am concerned when I talk of insider information the only thing that matters is to be honest with myself, not to assuage the feelings or the appetite of puny men in this forum.

Not the point though. You came with this information to a public forum and therefore you need to substantiate such accusations against the Somali president. Incidentally, has Illey been sacked yet? :P

STOIC   

It is not my place in commenting on Southern politics.This is beyond my comprehension of their clan dimensions.I think Abtigis is jumping to conclusion too fast here.In any case it is not hard to imagine why the president will call IGAD about certain colonel (warlord) blocking his officers (warlords/butcher) from entering a city that is supposed to be under his central government. His presentation of his case to outside governments comports with the other side who are being helped/nursed by outside government forces like Kenya.The president, in other words, faces serious limitation on his ability to respond to a faction that is NOT under his control.It is unfortunate that some anticipate a clan war like 90's instead of containment and restraint, but too bad there is little in the way of demonstrative actions that could accomplish unity in the South. My prayers is with you guys!