Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

President Hassan must be impeached urgently to save Somalia

Abtigiis   

This afternoon President Hassan was calling IGAD member countries left, right and center, demanding apologies from Kibaki for the aborpted mission he sent to Kismayo. None of that is a problem. But how can you tell a foreign country "colonel reer hebel ah baa na hor istaagay anagoo dawladii qaranka ah" to Djibouti President, who then calls other IGAD members and the US and europeans and fumes that his "general" was refused entry to kismayo by colonel Hassan who is from clan X. I mean, as someone senior here remarked, what is wrong if a colonel who is X clan refuses entry to a general from E clan, who is offering succor to fellow clan under the guise of national government?! The whole thing stinks. What is worse President Hassan is calling non-D members of the Jubbaland adminstration who are in Nairobi and telling them to leave because the project belongs to reer-hebel. I have no interest in smear politics and as a human being i don't like to put names on other human beings, but what else would you call a President who can go so low?!

Mario, Madoobe handled the mission issue wrongly. But does that make what the president did after that right?' Also, are there no other things except Kismayo that President Hassan can do? Right now, he is eating, breathing, drinking and farting nothing but Kismayo?! Is that normal?!

Odey   

Abtigiis;887426 wrote:
This afternoon President Hassan was calling IGAD member countries left, right and center, demanding apologies from Kibaki for the aborpted mission he sent to Kismayo. None of that is a problem. But how can you tell a foreign country "colonel reer hebel ah baa na hor istaagay anagoo dawladii qaranka ah" to Djibouti President, who then calls other IGAD members and the US and europeans and fumes that his "general" was refused entry to kismayo by colonel Hassan who is from clan X. I mean, as someone senior here remarked, what is wrong if a colonel who is X clan refuses entry to a general from E clan, who is offering succor to fellow clan under the guise of national government?! The whole thing stinks. What is worse President Hassan is calling non-D members of the Jubbaland adminstration who are in Nairobi and telling them to leave because the project belongs to reer-hebel. I have no interest in smear politics and as a human being i don't like to put names on other human beings, but what else would you call a President who can go so low?!

I call such a Leader a Tribal Warlord!

Chimera   

Xiin and Abtigiis, if what you guys are claiming were to be the truth, I would distance myself from this president in a nano-second. My continued support for him is not based on clan as some Kenyan agent above me would like you to believe, you guys know me longer than this newbie, I might have my 'dreamer' episodes every once and while but in the end I'm consistent. The President is watched with intense scrutiny by both the international community and the Somali world. There is absolutely nothing visible about his policies that would warrant the HAG boogeyman claims we have been hearing so much about the last couple of weeks from tribalist warriors and Kenyan agents.

Yes, Kismayo is a potential powderkeg, but its a Somali city, that in the end comes under the mandate of the Federal Government headed by the President and the Prime-Minister. All of the city's major economic and infrastructural assets were build by a Somali government not clan-administrations. The Federal government of today is the legal successor, and it will play a MAJOR part in the construction of a new state in that region. A single rebel leader cannot play emperor, because the president is backed by the PM, the speaker and the parliament. If you bet against the new government, you will lose, for this is a different kind of fish. It will trample on a lot of inner-regional toes and hurt the pride of many clan-chieftains, but that's exactly what is needed.

Abtigiis;887412 wrote:
Yaab on who?! Are you blaming us for welcoming the new President thinking we got the real thing? A wish, which evidently was more from desperation! Adeer, we don't hate the man for who he is. I know it has become a fad to push Chimera's simplistic clan association line againt anyone with legitimate concerns about Somalia's leadership, but we will not be silenced when Hassan Sheikh is openly saying dad xaqoodi laga qaatay for 22 years oo masaakiin ah ayaan Kismayo ugu hiilinayaa, while the tears of benadiri and D-block masaakin who lost everything in Muqdisho are non-issue. The thing is no one is taking him seriously now and he lost credibility in the eyes of many; which is sad because it means we have lost another four years!

Xinnfanin told me to write and think this way. Does that help, dear Mario? I congratulate you for figuring this out!

While whole D block lived as Top players in Somalia when the late dictator was in power. Veterans of H block of Somalia Ethiopia war

and many innocent H people , got killed and thrown out from thier homes so rich folks of the H block can rebuilt it.This is the ugly truth

, let's don't blame reer habel or reer habel.

Both parties had thier hands full with dirt one point. It's unfortunate . but it's not excuse to have friend as Kenya be your sidekick and discredited

your goverment. This goverment has not even one time said we against maamul ka usameyna kismaayo. All was said was kismaayo is under

the goverment of Somalia and maamul ka will be decided by the people of kismaayo .

Don't get confused. I bet of this was abdi weli or D block president nothing negative would have come out of you.

So all you have to is not try to let Kenya decide your shots, let the people that represent you in the weak parliament do its job.

Mario B   

xiinfaniin;887391 wrote:
Marion B, you are transitioning to zero
:D
, if you really think Professor Abtigiis has been instructed to write the piece he posted.

I thought you have a little bit more decorum than that .

We all need a bit of kajoling sometimes, nothing wrong there but what I wanted was a dignified silence from the good Prof untill we have a full government and functioning council of Ministers, there has been a power vacuum since the President came to power because of his slow deliberation.:(

The reason I'm not in the 'Nay' camp yet, it's because they were people opposing this Presidency in it's first 3 weeks, those same voices are loudest now. I'm just keeping my powder dry untill I see a smoking gun, what we have now is just rumour mills. :)

Chimera   

Apophis;887441 wrote:
Note to self: when in a corner, calacaal to Abtigiis to approve you as a non tribalist but day dreaming is permanent condition.

Now that's amusing coming from the character who in every debate he engaged with me got his arguments obliterated only to then run away with his tail between his legs with promises of a better argument tomorrow LOL.

People would actually respect you now had you stand your ground in the past, now your just a simple one-liner, no need to waste my time on a Kenyan agent, at least Xiin and Abtiigiis are my fellow countrymen.

Abtigiis   

Chimera, I never doubt your integrity and sincerity. You are one of the most sensible people in this forum and I think you are right in not taking our words and in giving the President the benefit of the doubt. I just feel you are too dignified to imagine a president of a nation, a big man, could think so low. I think this 'can't be' disbelief blinds you to real possibilities. With the information we hear from Villa Somalia - thanks to our position which allows us to get these information, I fear we will soon go back to the 1990s civil war. As you know, I don't care about who owns Kismayo, I don't care who rules it. I am criticizing President Hassan because the way he is handling Kismayo is not helping national reconcilliation. What is the need to plan to change all commanders in Kismayo and to send 800 soldiers fom mogadishu, as he plans to do? That is what he is telling donors! Is that not igniting war when he knows the armed groups in Kismayo will not accept it?! What is the urgency? Why can't he wait and see the admin the people of the region establish and then gradually engage them the same way he is expected to engage other regions? Isn't the ungoverned central regions an issue that needs his attention?

Sakata   

Lool Waar waalawashay:) ma'qabiil dantiisaa garan waayey kenya'na so wadatay mantay madaxweyne qaran logu impeach garaynayaa....(Abtigiis illahay hakuu naxaristo)

Vsabba;887447 wrote:
Lool Waar waalawashay:) ma'qabiil dantiisaa garan waayey kenya'na so wadatay mantay madaxweyne qaran logu impeach garaynayaa....(Abtigiis illahay hakuu naxaristo)

Kusoo dhawow somaliya, qofkasta qabiilkiisa wax kasto ka horaaye.

Chimera, you are not a tribal person. We know you long enough in these boards to know that.

I have not given up on this president yet. But it is my opinion that he is not only wrong on Kismayo , but he is also bordering becoming a tribal leader based on his attitude toward the pending new admin, which has been in the works well before president Hassan come to office.

It is also astonishing Abwaan, walaalkiis , Eng. Cadde, whom I assume are more supportive of the president than most, do not see president's folly on display with respect to Kismayo.

Abtigiis;887446 wrote:
Chimera, I never doubt your integrity and sincerity. You are one of the most sensible people in this forum and I think you are right in not taking our words and in giving the President the benefit of the doubt. I just feel you are too dignified to imagine a president of a nation, a big man, could think so low. I think this 'can't be' disbelief blinds you to real possibilities. With the information we hear from Villa Somalia - thanks to our position which allows us to get these information, I fear we will soon go back to the 1990s civil war. As you know, I don't care about who owns Kismayo, I don't care who rules it. I am criticizing President Hassan because the way he is handling Kismayo is not helping national reconcilliation. What is the need to plan to change all commanders in Kismayo and to send 800 soldiers fom mogadishu, as he plans to do? That is what he is telling donors! Is that not igniting war when he knows the armed groups in Kismayo will not accept it?! What is the urgency? Why can't he wait and see the admin the people of the region establish and then gradually engage them the same way he is expected to engage other regions? Isn't the ungoverned central regions an issue that needs his attention?

I want Abwaan, Eng.Cadde, Walaalkiis to at least try to answer these questions.

Chimera   

Abtigiis;887446 wrote:

I'm absolutely aware of what Somalis are capable of in high places both positively and negatively, my respect for the offices doesn't equal worshipping the men. However I have yet to see anything that could be construed as clannist. With a cobweb of clans, competing agendas and diva-like chieftains, it would be impossible for him not to step on 'someone's' toes. The objective is for a revived strong Somalia, this can't happen with a character that neither respects the sovereignty of Somalia nor the highest offices. Jubbaland would become another Somaliland, and while there was no legitimate government in the 90s to influence the latter, there is one today that will have a foot in the door to steer the new administration in Kismayo on the right path, the pro-Somalia direction. It means the next government won't have to engage another region with 'talks'.

While we focus solely on the president, why is everyone ignoring the fact that the Prime-Minister, the speaker and Parliament all firmly stand behind the president? Are they all HAG members, are they puppets of the president? Neither explanation would make sense. I see alot of unsubstantiated claims, but nothing to back them up.

Abwaan   

Waryaa Abtigiis siyaasadda Soomaaliya waad ku khafiiftay ee dhibkaaga nagala bax. Kilinka 5aad iyo Ileygaaga ceyrceyrso.:D