Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

When was the first time you ever sent money back home

Juxa   

Narniah maasha allah, portion of my salary is sent back every month, waxa la raba gacantada midig ineysan ogaan sadaqada ay bixiso gacantada bidix, ogow you get it back iyagoo laba laaban

I am currently back home and the need is big, you may be able inaad qof ka farxisid, i would just give to hooyo and ask her to distribute dadka u baahan

once again maasha allah, to be able to give something, however little is very rewarding

war gabadha faatixada iigu mara inuu alle siiyo cumri dheer iyo cibaado suuban

Tobikage   

Odey;887205 wrote:

Consider the following in your plan;

1. The elderly. This group, particularly if they dont have a support system are extremely vulnerable

2. Orphans- Make sure those that you send the money to help the actually deliver on this(So many greedy people out there)

3. Mothers raising kids- Particularly if they are married to a poor man or divorced and have no support network

4. Your own "Walid", Grandmothers, Abti's, Adeer's whom you feel are needy.

I could not agree more with Odey, but would start with my close relatives first. I have been doing that for the last 15 years and hope Allah will accept it.

One more thing is once you start send money you need to continue sending it because i found out that they some how plan their spending around what your are sending. So send the amount that you know you can continue sending it on regular basis. In Ramadan or Eid you could send more as they say Barakada Ramadan

bless you

Ismahaan;887216 wrote:
Narniah Walaalo sadaqada la bax cidna ha kala tashan. Allah (swt) will rewards for as long as people benefit from your saqadaha Jariah. ''When a man passes away, his good deeds will also come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (for the deceased)” Narrated by Abu Hurairah, Sahih Muslim

Good luck Insha Allah

Couldn't agree more

MashaAllah, your mother is right sis. You'll get so much more in return especially when you need it the most.

Sometimes Its difficult to see who needs it the most. Many a times there are many at the same time or one focus only on those who ask and not so much on those whose poor condition is not known and is ashamed to beg of others. I guess thats when our parents comes in and is helpful.

wyre   

Tobikage;887320 wrote:
I could not agree more with Odey, but would start with my close relatives first. I have been doing that for the last 15 years and hope Allah will accept it.

One more thing is once you start send money you need to continue sending it because i found out that they some how plan their spending around what your are sending. So send the amount that you know you can continue sending it on regular basis. In Ramadan or Eid you could send more as they say Barakada Ramadan

bless you

This is not me :D

wyre   

Apophis;887392 wrote:
War sxb you need to save all your money for marriage, am I right?
:D
:D

that's not what i mean sxb, every new person meeshuu kasoo jeedo bay fiiriyaan reer SOL ka dibna kii meesha horay u jooge ee isla meesha kasoo jeeday ayey ku dul xiraan, marka, qasadkeyga waa this guy from KSA is not me :D

and sending money to relatives aniga la iima tilmaamo, a part from my dad hal mar baan weligey qof kale wax u diray and I sent him 50 dollar bes :D

Raamsade   

Few years ago my mom cajoled me into sending money to my dugsi teacher. I was hoping he'd put my hard earned money to good use like donate it to orphanage or buy his kids brand new shoes or invest in better oral hygiene, his huuro waa lagu suuxi jirey. It is was not like I was sending money to hardcore jaat chewer. What could go wrong? So, what did the Balaayo Qabihii do? He used the money to go to Hajj the most useless pilgrimage of pilgrimages. Suffice to say he never got a penny from me ever again.

chubacka   

^ I thought you were going to write he got married again, now THAT would be a waste of your money. Unless you sent him a considerable amount of money I doubt you paid for him to go to hajj, he probably did that from saving for years. I also doubt that he has lost anything by you not sending him anymore money, the guy has done his hajj and he has a job. :)

Finally as you're probably looking for a reaction about your "useless journey" comment, we're all adults here, we're all free to believe what we wish so lets not make excuses to swabble about our differences.

If you have close family in Somalia, it's almost obligatory to send regular amounts back home. It's also nice to think that your pay day is also other peoples thousands of miles away!

Raamsade   

Chubacka, are you done sermonizing me? And what are you? Girl or boy? SOL should ban all genderless names. If you're a girl, I'll let it slide. But if you're not, I'm gonna put you in your place.

But why should I send money to someone who will waste it on useless things like Hajj, chewing jaat, drinking and qaaraan? Don't I have moral responsibility to ensure the money I'm sending is doing no harm and is being put to good use?

I'm sure the poor guy had no idea in aad kufar tahay. Ilaahey Hajjka ha u aqbalo considering the source.

chubacka   

^ my gender is niether here nor there, why should it change your response to my comment?

I wasn't giving you a sermon, that last comment was my personal response to the thread, it wasn't mearnt for you in particular. However to answer your question, it's up to you to decide if and who to send money to, my point was for the vast majority of somalis living in the west with close family back home it's a must, and that money is used for a thousand and one "useful" things like medicine and schooling.

As I said, it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY that you funded the guy's or anyone elses' journey to hajj so you can rest easy about that. :)