Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

When was the first time you ever sent money back home

Narniah   

And who did you send it to?

I'm mainly asking this Question those who were either born or raised in the west.

I got paid right! Lol My first ever pay check.

And mom is like, Duco ma rabta, lacagta oo lagu so shubey, dirtid waye. My intention was to give her some of it, but she refused.

She also told me how sadaqa will purify my wealth, and if I want Allah to bless it for me, I should send some back home.

So I will do it InshaAllah.

I was thinking of sending it to a very special someone whom I never met. I'll tell you about this person later. I.a

Tell me who you sent it to, and why. What options did you consider, who needs it the most, or your family etc? How did you make the decision?

STOIC   

Duca maraabtaa..aniigaa isoo diir lacgataass...I will read all of Aaliya ducas for you (all the once she wrote in SOL to every deserving person)...Si dheeg dheeg aah

PS I wasn't born in the west..I came as a grown man.So i don't qualify to answer your questions..I was Eighteen and Eighteen is an old age where I'm from...Not like you kids of today ciyaal Mama!

Narniah   

^Pls kindly refrain from trolling in my thread. Thank you.

We're talking about giving someone their next meal they might not get.

Stoic, 18 is not old. And I said raised in the west too, so I think you do qualify to answer my questions.

Lol, @ lacagta iso diir

Daqso Shaqeso!

STOIC   

Okay Since you said I qualify I will answer your question. My first paycheck was fourteen years ago (do the math)..I straight up sent it to my mom in Africa.I have been sending money ever since.So my advice will be NOT to start that thing if your parents are living with you. You will get the endless calls from some unknown relatives. Over the coming years as your pay check grows so is the African bill..You will find out they no longer interested in the two hundred dollars they want more...

Jacpher   

Who said you can't help out a fellow human out. It is waajib to help out humanity. It says if you help out a person, it is as if you help out humanity. Look at all the ajar you are gaining from all the people they are helping. Seriously, donate to his campaign.

Abwaan   

Narniah, Saddaqah is good...I can't remember when I first sent money...My advice is send to the needy Somalis in anywhere you think they are (don't listen to ciddeena ayaa xagga degta) as well as relatives. It doesn't mean that I mean send everything. Even small things help the needy.

Aaliyyah   

If you have a job and you think you have the means to send some of your income back home then go for it hun. Ilaahay khyr wuu ku siini dadka baahan markaad wax u dirtid. 50 dollar oo wax badan kugu birineen qof miskiin ah wax badan bay ka tari.(waxan kugu talin laha wayeelka u dadaal si khaas ah dhalinyarada xoogsan karta ha isku dhibin)

And to answer your question I was probably 18.....but sending money back home and helping out your extended family has nothing to do with age. Waxa layidhi maturity doesn't come with age. But, rather it comes with the acceptance of responsibility.

p.s LOL@ stoic...

Jacpher   

Thats's unsadaqa, the opposite of sadaqa. What you spent on your behind is whats lost but whatever you do to help out humanity is what is brings you and teaches you gratitude and himility. Pay it forward for your own good.

Jacpher   

^show some gratitude and humility waryee. Don't be stingy dee. Sadaqa leads to betterment of the soul. Purify yourself and fight off your shaydaan.

Odey   

This thread is depressing me by reminding me of all those undeserving fools I had been wasting my money on the past oh,,,,, 15 plus years!.

My Advice Narniah is this;

Give, for it is baraka to give and I can testify to it because all that I gave, I got back and then some!. However give smartly. People back home will call you and make up so many gut wrenching stories, that you will feel obliged to give.

Consider the following in your plan;

1. The elderly. This group, particularly if they dont have a support system are extremely vulnerable

2. Orphans- Make sure those that you send the money to help the actually deliver on this(So many greedy people out there)

3. Mothers raising kids- Particularly if they are married to a poor man or divorced and have no support network

4. Your own "Walid", Grandmothers, Abti's, Adeer's whom you feel are needy.

Not necessarily in that order mind you. Good Luck and May Allah accept your Sadaqah

Ismahaan   

Narniah Walaalo sadaqada la bax cidna ha kala tashan. Allah (swt) will rewards for as long as people benefit from your saqadaha Jariah. ''When a man passes away, his good deeds will also come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (for the deceased)” Narrated by Abu Hurairah, Sahih Muslim

Good luck Insha Allah

Malika   

Narniah - Sadaqa is good, send it to any masjid or orphanage back home. If you have extended family in need send it to them..as charity begins at home. What your mother is trying to teach you is to be selfless.

ps. Apophis - must every thread be about you? talk about self obessesion..bisinka.