Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Time to end transition rule in north Somalia (Somaliland)

Taleexi   

By Abdisamad Mooge “Kayse”

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The green, white, and red flag with a centered black star, inspired by Ethiopia’s regional flag of Gambela, has been flying in some parts of northern Somalia since the collapse of the central government more than two decades ago. Proclaiming itself as an independent state from the rest of the country and the successor state of British Somaliland protectorate, Somaliland has failed to gain international recognition after long 21 years of self-imposed isolations.

Read more: http://hiiraan.com/op4/2012/nov/26728/time_to_end_transition_rule_in_north_somalia_somaliland.aspx

--- I found this to be a good read. Read it in bipartisan mind :)

Haatu   

He has some truths though. Although I doubt Siilaanyo's administration will be rolled over, I agree with him that as the South begins to pacify and the economy starts to lift, I believe more and more northern youngsters will give up on their unattainable "dream". I know he didn't use the same words as I, but he conveyed a similar message.

Haatu;887027 wrote:
He has some truths though. Although I doubt Siilaanyo's administration will be rolled over, I agree with him that as the South begins to pacify and the economy starts to lift, I believe more and more northern youngsters will give up on their unattainable "dream". I know he didn't use the same words as I, but he conveyed a similar message.

Why do people use the economy factor as if Somalia is the land of the opportunity with the fastest growing economy in Africa lets not dwell from the facts. Somalia is poor divided and lawless for more than 21 years, Somaliland is poor to its just better organized and they have an elected government by its people but even they have lots of shortcoming and are not the land of the opportunity. So don't see why youngsters will go to Somalia instead they go to Sudan or UAE and others want to come to Europe or the states but never to Somalia.

Haatu   

Out of South and the North, the South has better economic prospects and that's undeniable. And wherever the money is people follow.

Haatu;887036 wrote:
Out of South and the North, the South has better economic prospects and that's undeniable. And wherever the money is people follow.

How so its not the vegetables you export that built you a capable economy its the people who built capable economies we yet have to see Somalia economy thrive the same can be said about Somaliland.

Haatu   

War our destinies are interlinked and the longer you lot stay in limbo, the more and more people will realise just so. There was a reason aabayaasheen ey u midoobeen, the Somali people's destiny is one and the same.

The only way we can know which county is better economically is if Somalia and Somaliland compete as two equals

- Somalia to have a functioning govt with full legitimacy from its people with all its institutions in control of raskambooni till raascaseer

- Somaliland to be a member of the international community with full diplomatic recognition.

Let the two countries compete and only than we will know which country will have a higher GDP.

The Sage   

Really tried to read the article with an open mind but the author glazed over many key facts and said misleading half truths.

Anyway with an entire generation of young Somaliland citizens that know nothing of the former Somalia it will become progressively harder for Mogadishu to incite any allegiance amongst Somalilanders. Besides with an accountable, democratic government and stable growing economy in Somaliland there is less incentive to seek union among it's citizens.

And the one who played the biggest role in the Union cigaal Edna and Siilaanyo we all know their beliefs today, anagi baba dirqi ku garayna Somali oo beri taagnayd oo awood lahayd.