Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Hassan Sheekhow, Concentrate on the Bigger National Priorities, Not on Kismayo.

Xaaji Xunjuf;886835 wrote:
Xiinfaniin i like how you spin things it makes it hard to shadow you particularly for the likes of Abwaan who have a hard time to go through ur arguments. And who wale consistently about Somalinimo as if that's going solve the matter. But let me continue for a second and and remind you of a few facts President hassan sheikh Mahamuud the President of Somalia has the mandate and the obligation to secure and uphold and protect the nation of Somalia and its citizens which includes Kismayo. What Xiinfaniin and others forget to mention is they wish and want Kismayo to remain a unincorporated area free from the Somali government but the question is why ?

The nature that is driving Xiinfaniin is not entirely just clan or the clan state but its deeper it has its roots in state building but unintentionally the process is going not to undermine the legitimacy of the President but his political ambitions of nation building and establishing state institutions and the development of capable defense forces in the country.What some politicians want is a more traditional techniques of diplomatic and political mediation which will buy time for the clan federalists and Shabaabists and Hassan doesn't have that time.The basic level of what what a post conflict country should try to achieve in a short period of time is the continuation of reconciliation process but at the same time avoid being like a dysfunctional country being dictated by mere junior politicians in IGAD.Somalia should not place is self in that situation it should pursuit its own national interest but not alone it needs its people its cities and its resources.

The Presidents main task is state-building, and the development of national institutions. The ground level is what

dysfunctional states or quasi-states want to achieve in the long term, is expanding the state scope and

being able to create institutions that provides basic functionality and to expand its territorial control and its influence. And to use its resources and human resources to strengthen its position.In Somalia this not the case at the moment when we have people shouting the president cant talk about our village or creating bantustans in south central Somalia will halt the political process and stability of Somalia to return from the ashes.

The security of the country from both external and internal actors right now internal actor with the support of an external factor Amisom Kenya, the objective of the president is to secure that law and order in the. civil society is maintained across Kismayo the juba regions and south an central Somalia which is crucial for the Presidents power base something xiinfaniin wishes to take away from him. The main ultimate goal in this phase is not merely to provide.basic services for the citizens of the country that's priority number 2 , but to ensure that the state is self-sustained in its capacity to govern Somalia a war torn nation.

Somalidu waxay tidha xaq lama rabe eeh xal ba la raba.

Marka xaaji xunfuf waraaqahan oo kale qoro , xaaladdu meel xun bay ka degenaysaa :D

Anigu waxan raba inu madaxweynuhu dawladisu adkayso xukunkeeda wixi lacag ah wixi mamuul ah wixi darajo ah oo ay gaadhi lahayd na ay isticmaasho. Xiinfaniin na wuxu leeyahay Madaxweynuhu Jawhar haka sheekeyo iyo woqoyiga Muqdisho. Oo anaga iyo walaalahayo reer azaniya talada ha u dayo Jubooyinka waleh meeshaad ka shaxaysaan ogahay:D

Xaaji Xunjuf, madaxweynuhu fursad taariikhii ah buu haystay, welina waa haystaa, runtii fajac bay igu tahay asagoonba xamar meel dhigin in uu arrinta Kismayo oo 20 sano hal xiraale ahayd uu haweysto...

waa ka quustay ma dhihi karo , laakiin ninku ma micna badna haddii sidaani run ka tahay

Bal si kale an u dhigo Madaxweynuhu hadanu ahaan lahayn beeshu ka so jeedo oo u noqon laha Beelaha ka so jeeda budhlayn, Ma kula tahaay madaxweynaha oo wefdi u diray kismayo in la odhan laha meeshan ma so gali kartan.?

Ha ku dhicin dabinka website yada, madaxweynaha waftigiisa ooy hoggaaminayeen taliyaha ciidan ka iyo wasiirkii hore a gaashindhiga baa Kismayo dhowr asbuuc ka hor tegay. Soo sawiradooda ma aadan arag iyagoo dekeda iyo magaaladaba jooga?

Waxa hadda dhacay wa waxaan maqaalka ka qoray, waa hawl siyaasadaysan, waana dabin ee Xasan haka boodo ama haku dhaco

Taleexi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;886975 wrote:
Bal si kale an u dhigo Madaxweynuhu hadanu ahaan lahayn beeshu ka so jeedo oo u noqon laha Beelaha ka so jeeda budhlayn, Ma kula tahaay madaxweynaha oo wefdi u diray kismayo in la odhan laha meeshan ma so gali kartan.?

Maxaad ka helaysaa colaadda aad hurinayso?

Abwaan   

lol@Taleexi, iska dhaaf wixii ka caqli liita un buu diri karaa...Qofkii colaad ka shaqeeyana isagaa ka shallaayi.

Rahima   

Xiin,

Explain something to me brother, if we do go down this road of federalism where every clan and its camels set up their own political shop and every time the central government acts out in ways which they may disagree with (rightly or wrongly) they play the clan card then what is the point of having a greater Somalia? It irks me when people pretend to care about a greater somalia and as soon as they perceive slight discrimination against their clan they want to derail the whole thing.

You see, my main issue here is not Jubbaland or any other administration for that matter but the entire process seems to be a sham. We are trying to sugar coat the real problem here and so long as we are a people full of nacayb and distrust of one another because of qabiil we won't get anywhere.

Thanks for the welcome back, how is life treating you?

Rahima;888169 wrote:
Xiin,

Explain something to me brother, if we do go down this road of federalism where every clan and its camels set up their own political shop and every time the central government acts out in ways which they may disagree with (rightly or wrongly) they play the clan card then what is the point of having a greater Somalia? It irks me when people pretend to care about a greater somalia and as soon as they perceive slight discrimination against their clan they want to derail the whole thing.

Sister Rahima,

If you have been following Somalia’s long march to end the political transition, you would’ve realized that federalism is the agreed political framework, which all responsible parties (leaders of the country) need to adhere to. And it is not like every ‘clan and its camels’ decision to be a federal state. There is constitutional criterion to establish a legitimate federal sate. For Somalia’s first post transitional leadership to muddle this issue and create crisis where none should be had is really a bad start for the country. On the issue of Kismayo what you have is local forces with AMISOM troops taking on the heart of Alshabaab stronghold, succeeding to capture Kismayo and working to establish a federal state for three contiguous regions. I do not understand what the big fuss here is for the president to so strongly object to the Kismayo initiative. Surely it cannot be Kenyans, for Kenyans enjoy the same exact mandate as the Ugandans do. It smells tribal to me…

Now there is legitimate argument to be had on the whole issue of federalism and whether it is a good fit a model for Somalia and her clan oriented politics. The Somali government has four years to prepare the country for a referendum on the constitution, and with it the federalism question. But how could one do that when one is busy aborting the whole thing at the get go. Apparently the president’s raw politics need of improvement. One can be against something and work toward changing it without squandering the goodwill of Somali people in his election, or arousing suspicion of his integrity.

Rahima;888169 wrote:

You see, my main issue here is not Jubbaland or any other administration for that matter but the entire process seems to be a sham. We are trying to sugar coat the real problem here and so long as we are a people full of nacayb and distrust of one another because of qabiil we won't get anywhere.

Again the issue of mistrust is real and it is what brought Somalia to its knees. All I am saying is the president has bigger priority to be consumed with a region he has very little control. He has Somaliland and Puntland to deal with, so why come out so strongly against a seemingly inevitable state at Mogadishu’s mouth. I believe Somalia is better than it was a year ago, and it is on track to come back strong. But President Hassan’s leadership is not thus far on par with what is need to bring a broken nation together.

Rahima, why isn't the President concentrating to the solve the issues surrounding Mogadishu, we why isn't he creating an all inclusive administration for Xamar, surely Mogadishu is not settled only by his clan and has never been historically but by all Somalis. Why isn't he addressing the issues of the occupied houses, don't you think this is misplaced priority, even if he had to focus on one particular region or city surely it shouldn't be Kismayo since he has a closer fragile egg to fry.

Somalis are always suspicious that their leaders are clanists and work for their clanish agenda, but this time most Somalis know Hassan Sheikh is clanist and is bidding for the clan agenda.

Rahima   

Xiin,

I’m not going to claim any expertise of Somali politics but the very little I do know is that federalism does seems to be the accepted system/framework. My post was just an expression of my objection to it because whilst it can work for some nations (my adopted country for one), there first needs to be a concrete basis of nationhood. The people first need to be dad caafimaad qabo who aren’t suspicious of every motivation being one of qabiil.

Take this incident of Kismaayo for example. Let’s just say that the president is wrong (mind you I’m not saying that he is right), why the immediate rush to he must be a clannist? Even you Xiin- it isn’t as if he has a proven track record of being a clannist. Just two months ago everyone was praising him for being a man who has proven his loyalty to his country and people and he makes a mistake and folks jump on the bandwagon to discredit him as a person- not just his policies. Can’t you see the dangers of labelling him in such a way? Could it be external pressures which are demanding that the government object so long as the potential leader is an affiliate of AS?

I don’t really follow Somali politics (my introduction to this is from my other half who is from Kismaayo) and frankly I have a problem with an entire process where ministers and leaders are elected based on their clan but I will call it as I see it. It makes no sense to try and reason that because he cannot object to the formation of Jubbaland because of the Kenyan presence (since Ugandans fill the same role in Mogadishu- which Btw is an unfair assessment since Kenya has clearly over stepped their role) he must therefore be a clannist.

Anyhow, if there is so much distrust and it seems like nothing can be done to erase it (even the educated and religious seem to be afflicted by it) why bother to form a nation. Haddii saas la isku neceyb yahay then why bother with Somalia?

Every clan and its camels shouldn’t bother with any of it- they should pull a SL.

Waranle_Warrior;888703 wrote:

Somalis are always suspicious that their leaders are clanists and work for their clanish agenda, but this time most Somalis know Hassan Sheikh is clanist and is bidding for the clan agenda.

Most? That's a big call.

lool@pull Somaliland; not bad idea if it will actually quiet people down. But the thing with qabiil, the more you peel the stinker it gets and those who now accuse Xasan Sheikh of clanism will turn the guns on each other soon or later.

Odey   

Ok People, lets try and keep things in perspective shall we?. The president has the right to speak for the people of the whole of Somalia. It is his constitutional right and i personally support him wholeheartedly in that. I have seen enough of our sovereignty eroded the past 20 years and feel quite patriotic!.

Having said that the President himself is naive in thinking he can ignore the constitution when he likes and quote it when it serves him. The constitution is there for all to use as guideline. It is the only thing that will separate us from the Clanist system that has so far destroyed us the past 20 years. He should use it as the foundation of his Governing style. He took an oath to uphold it and as long as he sticks to it, no one can and should have any issues, furthermore he will have the constitution to protect him.

He was naive, maybe didnt get the right kind of advise, bottom line is he made a huge mistake, not to mention the fact that his comments in Beledweyne and Baidoa where he asked those communities to form their own administration and at the same time announcing he will form an admin for Juballand didnt help matters in a country that has seen tribal warfare the past 20 years. He should be cultivating "trust" not creating mistrust!. Naive....yes, does he deserve to be lynched yet?, I think not. Lets give him an opportunity to redeem himself from his mistake. Lets face it, he has had a huge slap and doubt he will be making the same mistake. I could be wrong as this are Somalis afterall!, but for the sake of the Nation lets hold him to account but never forget sight of our Sovereignty at all times.