Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Should Mogadishu remain the national capital of Somalia?

Same say YES, due to the fact that it is the only capital we have ever known in Somalia. Others say NO, because Mogadishu is now a single clan enclave and as such its status as capital of Somalia should be revoked and changed.

What do you guys say? Does it even matter?

Discuss!

I don't know why some people are so obsesses with city of ghost , people get shot daily and suicide bombing.

Instead of concentrating where the capital be , we should first secure our country from daily killings.

How can you sleep when your house on fire? We shouldn't be discussing this issue , I rather not care if the capital was in the desert as long

there is peace, I truly think people in Mogadishu will be happy to have capital city else where.

Currently all clans live in xamar where everyone lives clan free , they worry of suicide bombing not another civil war .

But if one to visit majority of Somali cities , it's hard to say that all clans reside there .

Tillamook as for your earlier post, Unuka-izing Banaadir will be a progress for the whole country as the unuka's are one of the most guest friendliest communities in somalia even Sayid Abdulle acknowledged that.

how many threads in this genre have we seen in the past? dont people get tired especially reer garowe? is there any city in somalia which is not single clan city? and please dont mention galkacyo or kismayo as these two are contested tribally.yes,mogadishu today is one clan city and will remain that for long time,just like islamabad is the capital of Pakistan and is dominated by single ethnicity-punjabis-.

Somalia   

What we have to ask ourselves is, is Mogadishu a clan city or a Somali city? That will unlock our answers and bring ease to this very tense situation.

Dr_Osman   

This is what the constitution says;

Article 9. The Capital City of the Nation

The status of the capital city of Somalia shall be determined in the constitutional review process, and

the two houses of the Somali Federal Parliament shall enact a special law with regards to this issue.

The Zack   

Mogadishu, or Mogadishu not? Radio Ogaal's listeners provide their 2 cents. Very interesting program! One elderly woman suggests "Capital should be moved to Buuhoodle". Some suggest it should be Kismayu. It can host all Somalis, they claim. Others suggest Garowe, Galkacayo, Jigjiga.

Apophis;884395 wrote:
I think a new capital should be built on our seas, it's the only place left in Somalia where no clan claims as theirs.

I guess you've never heard of Pirates ,,,,, :D

^^ Capital is very important its the seat of the government and parliament the symbolic union of the nation. I say Kismayo should be the capital of Somalia since every clan of Somalia claims Kismayo and its on the coast perfect capital city.

Abwaan   

Naxar Nugaaleed;884582 wrote:
This nonesense needs to stop, there far more real problems facing Somalia then imaginary capitals

Well said Naxar Nugaaleed.