Sign in to follow this  
ToasterThief

Theresa May strips British passport from Somali care worker who refused to join MI5

- Mahdi Hashi is thought to be in prison in the African state of Djibouti

- While he was visiting Somalia, Theresa May deprived him of all his rights as a British national

- He was accused of extremist activities but his parents say this is wrong

- After landing at Heathrow, he was approached by MI5 who said his 'suspect status' would be cleared if he 'co-operated' with them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224155/Theresa-May-strips-British-passport-Muslim-care-worker-refused-join-MI5-African-prison.html

What do you think?

Somalia   

Apophis;883654 wrote:
It's the Daily Fail, bound to be 99.99% BS

Daily Mail covering a story like this... bound to be true.

Regardless of whether or not this kid committed the crimes he's accused of, the power of the government to strip one of their citizenship is a new development and one we should all give thought to. How British are we really? We place a lot of value and trust in our passports and British citizenship to safe us in case we need rescuing whilst abroad, will you feel different?

chubacka   

There are a thousand loop holes and secret rules this govt uses to trample over ppls rights. in the least the owe the family a decent explanation.:(.

Abwaan   

Somalia;883658 wrote:
Daily Mail covering a story like this... bound to be true.

You are right Somalia the story is true.

Maarodi   

So I've heard that the UK took drastic measures post 9/11 and one of them was the ability to "strip" people of their citizenship. I'm wondering is it only the immigrants (first generation/second generation?) that they can disenfranchise? Basically, how far does it go?

Abwaan   

Maarodi;883722 wrote:
So I've heard that the UK took drastic measures post 9/11 and one of them was the ability to "strip" people of their citizenship. I'm wondering is it only the immigrants (first generation/second generation?) that they can disenfranchise? Basically, how far does it go?

Why blame UK, I would do the same thing if I was in charge.:D Do you think that Somalia should allow a Yemeni origin who obtained Somali citizenship to keep that when he supported those who killed guests and students at a graduation ceremony, a market...etc? SOLers, these guys are not a joke. They would kill or harm most of us over here, accusing us of being spy...etc.

Abwaan   

Waa runtaa Apo, waxbaa jira, I knew this kid since he was 9. Smart and polite, but sadly way ka wareertay when he became a teenager. Waalidku weligoodbba waa waalid, they will always be on your side regardless.

Haatu   

Abwaan;883745 wrote:
Waa runtaa Apo, waxbaa jira, I knew this kid since he was 9. Smart and polite, but sadly way ka wareertay when he became a teenager. Waalidku weligoodbba waa waalid, they will always be on your side regardless.

lol Abwaan. Is it me or you claim to know nearly every other Faarax out there? The other day you claimed you were the speaker's former neighbour know this? Yaakheey cusbadda ka yaree :D

Abwaan   
:D Haatu, no need for Cusbo. And I have never said I know every Faarax, neither did I say that the speaker was my neighbour ee beenta naga kala yaree. And why dhib kuugu haysaa if Abwaan knows this Young man, orod dadka baro ma anigaa kuu diidan intaad drum-ta iyo shiishada iska yareysid.:D Sidaas war iigama soo saareysid.:D

Someone post a link to the telegraphs version of the story... very different. im not suprised that the daily fail has spun the story it the way it has.

Yunis   

Haatu;883779 wrote:
lol Abwaan. Is it me or you claim to know nearly every other Faarax out there? The other day you claimed you were the speaker's former neighbour know this? Yaakheey cusbadda ka yaree
:D

To his defence Abwaan is only omniscient in people. He is infinitely wise dhinacaas :D