Sign in to follow this  
labellavida

My friend....

labellavida;883377 wrote:
Who is a male just bought a new house. Wallahi, this house is so huge and it's really beautiful. I was over there the other day and we were talking about it and he was showing me around when out of nowhere he said to me, "you know you can live here too if you want. And, I was like what? How much is rent?" And, he continued with 'forget about the rent. you could live here rent free if you want to." I'm still shocked at this. What do you guys think? Should I take up his offer? The only thing that's really holding me back is him taking me to court for rent money if we have an altercation. :eek:

i was like your friend and let this guy stay with me. we were alright for a while before he would miss his share of the electricity/water/internet etc bills occassionally. before i knew it, i was lending him money....he stills owes a lot of money. people who abuse your trust and hospitality are not worthy of mention in the annals of history. of course, you learn, laakin.......

poster, if you're considering moving in with this guy, respect yourself and pay rent and your share of the bills. this will protect you and give him the impression you're independent and have options open to you if things get difficulty. living with people requires patience and willingness to overlook bad tendencies/traits. of course, i'd rather live alone now than let someone moving in with me.

what is offered for free is dangerous—it usually involves either a trick or a hidden obligation. what has worth is worth paying for. by paying your own way you stay clear of gratitude, guilt, and deceit.

Raamsade   

Apophis;883390 wrote:
You want advice about a man's intentions from a female? That's recipe for a disaster.
:D

Bal u sheeg. And the other thing, we men pay for it one way or the other. Whether it is marriage or bribing them with gifts and fancy dinners our bank accounts are always plundered all for the thing between their legs.

raula;883402 wrote:
when i first started reading & it said "male friend who bought a house" & seems like the only person he has given a tour to is you for now OR at least you two were alone during the tour says A LOT..sister Lab..
you might assume that the brother..."is just a friend" but he might think of you differently.
Well, my advise sister is if you can still afford to pay rent..RENT, otherwise don't muddy the waters-you can ruin your relationship/friendship.

**ehem..I would have said differently during my free-loading college days (but then my family would've had my head on platter)if i lived w/a male friend. N'ways the world is complicated! STAY AWAY.

+1

Narniah   

This offer sounds a tad dodgy to me. I'm sure that guy's intentions aren't as pure as they seem. What makes you think that you can't afford to buy or even rent your own home? Why should you live as a freeloader with a strange man who isn't even your Mahram. What happens if you guys clash and he throws you out? Didn't you say your 19, don't you have a family you can live with?

You sound vulnerable and I think this man is using you for his own interests. I think you should think about this and reject his offer, work hard and get your own place.

Maarodi   

Apophis wrote:
Seems legit. Take the offer

Nin-Yaaban wrote:
LoL. Seems like a such a nice guy. What could ever go wrong...move in with him and stay for free.
:)

:o

Raamsade;883543 wrote:
Bal u sheeg. And the other thing, we men pay for it one way or the other. Whether it is marriage or bribing them with gifts and fancy dinners our bank accounts are always plundered all for the thing between their legs.

tumblr_m6zc7bHBv61qjemo2o1_500.gif

Guys, I'm thinking some of you think that my friend is Somali. Well, he's not. And, I recieved some pretty good advice. Thanks to the following people: Alpha_Blondy, Nariah. You rock! :D

Garnaqsi   

This is legit if he's really well-off and either of the following two conditions are met:

• He knew you were looking for a place or knows that you live in a bad place/not good conditions.
  • You're very good friends, in which case you should be ashamed to be questioning his intentions.

By the way, he wouldn't be able to take you to court without there being a contract.

*Ibtisam;883422 wrote:
^^^ superficial pleasantries and professional talk with people you live with? err living with strangers soon becomes a strange marriage where you share the dishes and cooking and noise- only thing missing is fighting about who picks up the kids from school.

Poster:

You said a male friend- how friendly are you willing to be with the male friend for free rent? The world is give and take- if he is giving you a free house to live in WITH him (I have been given free houses to live in for short whiles in various countries by male friends who lived else where or countries) but this friend wants you to live with him- he is expecting something back. Even you can figure that out- naaga dhaa just say you want the house and what ever else that comes with it if not then learn to pay for your way.

P.s. I hope it is not the married man

P.s.s. You have some interesting "friends"
:P

P.s.s.s.
IF he is gay then what I said above is wrong, he wants your shoes and dresses, but living with a gay man will have its own challenges.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? Not every gay man is a crossdresser/wants to be a woman.:mad:

Jacpher   

You said 'the only thing that's really holding [you] back is him taking [you] to court for rent money'? No concern for your deen, sharaf, or gabadhnimo but worrying about the money? If you ain't one lousy gold digger, pay the man should you rent his house. A real gabadh doesn't get invited to tour a boy I mean male friend's newly bought house and get offered to live there rent free. Well not if she's like your parents and grandparents with backward Somali mentality.

War waxakan ma Marc script baa? Waryee stop these scripts. Bring the youtube channel and them shades.

Ibtisam   

^HE is probably doing some research on how lose Somali xalimos have become and will use these posts as advice from the Somali community who are equally as lost in culture and deen. :D

Poster: of all my post, you only picked up on the gay part? so is he gay????. And read again- I didn't say all gay man are cross dressers-

In any case, on second though, and based on your other threads, I have any idea which will help you and this forum. Nariah, labellavida and the two master copies wa iney isku qooq baxaan. It is part of the growing up of one person really.

It is time for a confession thread.