Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Gaalo Atheists in the Somali republic

N.O.R.F   

Can't imagine you guys putting up with Somalis calling you all sorts of names every minute of everyday. I mean, some of you get worked up on this forum. How will you cope back home? :D

Faith or no faith, Hindu Jew or Muslim, there is no need for thought dictatorship or "to do anything about" what others belief. Mind your business is a good policy when it comes to such things

Garnaqsi;882296 wrote:
People in this site are surprisingly liberal for Somalis!

That's because most of us are in our late teens- 20s. We also were born/grew up in the west. We are not like our parents and grandparents who still have the backward Somali mentality.

Che -Guevara;882807 wrote:
So your parents have backward mentality?

Not my parents per say. Mine are liberal, allahumdulliah. I love them so so much :) But, def other Somali parents.

I wouldn't describe my parents as being backwards, but my mother is rather conservative in comparison to my father.She considers the 'secular' constitution a more urgent matter than hunger in Somalia.

Blackflash;882814 wrote:
I wouldn't describe my parents a being backwards, but my mother is rather conservative in comparison to my father.She

Blackfash has spoken too:D

p.s. I think we have the tendency to measure Somali people and culture solely based on the past two decades thereby discrediting centuries of Somali culture.