Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Are there any SOL nomads in Perth, Australia

lol@Bash,

naga da dee awoowe, i thought this was for your own cultural exploration but it appears its for your voyeuristic colleagues. if they wanted to experience authentic somali delicacy then surely they should come to the somali speaking nations and experience it here but to ask this of you in perth of all places, well thats just shooking, ma iistiiri? image asking for authentic american fast food in the outer mongolia desert! you get my drift somaha, awoowe?

awoowe, why are so eager to please these folks and what is your position in the company. it seems to be the case that there are uneven power dynamics in your dealings with your colleagues. just an observation, awoowe.

edit....i will not be asking my aussie friends to past the details of their friends.

Mustafe   

Perth is beautiful, clean, has nice beaches, and you should fine one or two places to engage in fadhikudirir, but if your going there anytime soon be prepared for unusually hot days. I personally couldn't live there, I would get headache from the excessive heat. Good luck mate.

Rahima   

To be honest Baashi i doubt any Somali restaurant in Australia will be 'presentable' to your colleagues, let alone one in Perth. I say this only because i know the standards of the Somali restaurants in the northern hemisphere- we have some catching up to do. But then again you might be more forgiving with your expectations.

Anyhow, have fun, i'm sure it will be a big change. Make sure you visit Freemantle though.

I googled about Perth and the place sounds like a perfect place to go to during our winter. We're freezing out here in the North-Eastern region of North America during Dec-March. You guys have sunny New Years :), wow, must be lovely.

Baashi   

Ciid Mubaarak qallanjo Rahima. Berri hore yaa iigu kaa danbeysay. Hope all is well and dandy IA. I'm guessing you've tied the knot by now and have couple of kids and whatnot.

I get couple of nomads’ contacts already. I have colleagues from Perth with me here in the states and several colleagues (from previous office) in Perth now. I guess I will be fine in finding the hidden gems of Perth and its surroundings. Maqaaxi is on my mind though. When I find myself in a new city, nomad in me gets in auto pilot mode in finding nomads, masjid and maqaaxi.

Mustafe, is it hotter than Dubai? I doubt it!

uchi   

^ Be careful not to look at the local aboriginals the wrong way, unfortunetaly they can be a little unpleasant.