Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Are there any SOL nomads in Perth, Australia

Baashi   

Are there any nomads in this part of Australia? Any Somali restuarants? Any starbucks with fadhi-ku-dirrir corner populated with oldies there :)? Are there any Somali soccer players you know off?

hi Bash,

i know a few somalis from Perth here in Somaliland. would you like me to find details of their friends for you? as you didnt specify the type of people you're seeking to meet.

Baashi   

lol@Alpha. Yes. I am not going to settle there. I'm going there for job-related visits on and off -- few weeks max -- for duration of the project (3 years). Just looking folks to socialize with when I visit there.

Qallanjo Malika where are these nomads now? I've been busy with life and whatnot and didn't get to visit SOL often enough to know who's where now..

Northerner no it is not a relocation this time around. We're doing LNG project for Chevron in down under. Design is done in the states. I'm on the team in the states and when the design matures we're taking short trips to clarify and whatnot. I wanted to go back to Dubai so bad that I blew it...they picked Canadian from Quebec instead of me...ma caleesh.

I missed Abu Ghureir mall and all the friends I met in that corner.

Buuxo   

Baashi, Welcome to the loneliest capital in the world ,well in west Australia.

There is not many Somali restaurants,one or two maqaaxi's. Check out Shiil Cafe where you will find the golden oldies and all your fadhi ku -dirir needs.

Oz   

Baashi heading to Perth wow wlc to kangaroo-land sxb, you just made it in time to catch up with the Summer of Western Australia..I could organise a tour guide for you IA.

I moved from perth in 2009, couldn't take the heat. Now am in melbourne place to be :D. Pm when you get to perth IA.

Ps: allo allo precious Malika.. ;)

Baashi   

The good news is there are two Somali restuarants and Somali oldies to hang out with:0. Oz and Buuxo would IA tell us if the restuarants are open for other folks (non-Somalis) who love to get their hands with ethnic foods. I tell tall tales about how good Somali dishes are but I am also very careful to take friends with me unless I know for sure maqaaxi is up there and inline with my bragging tales.

North awoowe you are right Dubai is one of a kind. I had a blast. Family loved it...except the heat which was abnormal. IA anytime I see a vanacy in my company I will jump on the opp and take it (there are vacancies in no man's land way up north of Abu Dhabi). Hope all is well with you and fam.

lol@Bash,

what business does an oil exec have with poorly ventilated somali maaqaxi's and stuff below your pay cheque. waar, go out there, put your stetson hat on and enjoy perth.

Baashi   

:)

I am no executive my man. I wish I was one. If I gave the gallery the impression that I roll with big cats I have to set the record straight and say that's not the case.

Awoowe folks I work with crave for ethnic foods. To them Somali dish is a delicacy they would like to find out. I want to give them the opp to taste canjeero, goat meat the Somali style, sambuusi and other delicacies. I know they will love them. The point, is the maqaaxi qallanjo Buuxo mentioned presentable to non-Somali folks who wants to find out the good tales I was feeding them all along. Mafhoom?