Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Live and Exclusive from Hargeisa: Q A with Alpha Blondy

Wadani;881001 wrote:
True, but mine was much more interesting.

well, of course, your question is off the utmost importance to me. i wanted to take my time in giving you a 'satisfactory reply', my friend. please do not feel offended.

Apo, i hope the info was useful to you sxb? please do not hesitate to ask for more info. i'll do my best to help you relocating here. now is the time my brother.

Wadani   

Apo, r u seriously considering relocating? That's great. Considering that Xamar is relatively peaceful now, what makes u choose hargaysa over the pearl of the Indian ocean?

wyre   

Showqi;881057 wrote:
So which one are you saying Carafaat is asking?

lol :D

Were they saying carafaat went hargeisa, or was he dreaming ab't it, say wax u jiraan :D

Alpha Blondy;880533 wrote:
in the summer of 2009 i read things fall apart and my perspectives changed forever oba. i was deluded saxib and felt British dee LOL, in hindsight, it was also my protected upbringing that misled me about the harsh realities of life. i believed in this potent mantra of democracy, multiculturalism and human rights before denouncing the WEST forever. for the next year or so, i begun a process of self-evaluation, of change, of finding purpose and belonging. i did that by coming here, i hope. talk is cheap - action is key.

the worst thing about the motherland is the difference of thinking and values between the locals and those from the diaspora and having to adjusting to norms here. i suppose the notion of cultural navigation and being able to straddle and negotiate your identity of being muslim, somali and black in the UK has no use here, since the people and the land are yours. here, seeing is believing and there are no foggy ideals. certainty, i don't doubt the importance of this but the nature and the manner in which it manifests itself is shocking. its a material society, those who have money and other material possessions are respected. everyone wants to own things, own houses, own cars, own load, own sharaf and own life and corrupt it. this nihilistic way of thinking doesn't bode well for the future of our people. its a broken society and values are eroding very quickly and being replaced by consumerism. the hierarchical system is also a worrying prospect of
have and have not
. i also don't like the way most locals undermine you by pretending they're more than somali than you. surely, this is open to interpretation. there is also an underbelly of moral corruption worst than anything i've seen in the WEST.

its an free market here sxb. opportunities are endless. there are ample opportunities in the manufacturing sector as its non-existent. there are also opportunities in the service sector. there was an interesting seminar held at mansoor hotel last week organised by the world bank.
. download this pdf as it'll shed more light on your questions.

Waan gartay bro!

2 years, 364 days, 21hrs, 20mins ago............... i was in DXB waiting for my Dallo flight to Djibouti then to Somaliland. almost 3 years in the SL Republic.

i'll be taking questions as we approach the anniversary of Al's 3rd year in SL.

soo dhawaada, abtiyaal.

no questions?

that's pathetic. it's exactly this sort of thing that makes me think this site is on a terminal decline. the death of great personalities is nigh on SOL. now, it's all qabyalaad iyo shukaansi iyo HAG iyo anti-islamism and TV shows.

thanks a bunch for ruining what promised to be a special pre-anniversary night bash. tomorrow is another day. the 1096th day. :D:;)