Sign in to follow this  
DAMON1

Advice! It's the Weekend in London.....

N.O.R.F   

Poster, you could have gone to see England score 5 against San Marino on Friday (tickets were dirt cheap). There is the new Emirates Airlines cable car in Greenwich (I hear its great with great views of the city). Millenium Wheel is good as well as the embankment if the weather permits. The usual touristy stuff. Theatre on Shaftsbury. Portabello market.

You will need more than a weekend to feel it's pulse.

It may seems odd but I haven't been to a cinema since Black Hawk Down in 2002 or maybe twice a bit later when pushed; as for TV, I gave up mine back in 2004 and only watched or watch in special occasions.

I need stimulation like a great documentary (Fahrenheit in 2004 was not new facts but had to entertain auntie) or good reasons but gave up as teen on movies or games (save the odd return of Malcolm X film, Gran Turismo with siblings or friends).

Maybe the scratched only CD of our new PSX at end 97 acted as a catalyst too.

As per the serious Salafi brothers, cinemas are dens of Fitnah.

Now, an interesting book, lecture etc (some think I'm a geek but I'm just curious and crave important facts over fiction)...

That being said, rare 90s nostalgia reviewing of some old classics like Child's Play, rounds of PSX 2 or 3 Street Fighter with relatives or X Files initial episodes is the occasional weakness I'm overcoming as a past addict (but let's not tell this to Thierry)... :D

DAMON1   

Thanks for all your suggestions! Especially the ones that involved thought Blessed ,Haatu, Juxa ,Apophis, Abwaan, Ibtisam and Jamelia!

P.S. please don't blame me when your favourite weekend getaway has been invaded by Somali's!

Chimera   

If you have a loved one, just go with her to the cinema, afterwards have some dinner and then just chill. That's what i'm going to do.

Its nice.