Sign in to follow this  
DAMON1

Advice! It's the Weekend in London.....

Haatu;879565 wrote:
Well there's plenty to do. For starters, there's the weekend ritual of playing footie at Goals with the mates (Goals centres are dotted throughout the city). Then there's Westfield(s) as Somalia said for a bit of shopping. If you're an Ed Sheeran listening 21st century hippie, there's a whole host of museums and other white-boy stuff you can take part in. If you just want a quite day with maalaayacni Somalis, Southall is your place
:D
If you want some...ehem...stimulants, Brixton is not a bad place. Avoid the East totally, nothing useful happens there. The area is dead as dead can be (Excel centre is OK tho)

LOL@HATU,

waar bal ninkaan eega, kulaha ed sheeran kkkkkk

we're not talking about the things you hear about in the slums of eastleigh or wajir district but the things you can actually do as a londoner LOL!

your recommendation are crap!

Juxa   

Markets are great! Try Borough Market near London Bridge

Have a stroll on the embankment and enjoy lunch one of those little bistros. London is great place to lazy around

Ps: blessed hade waan israacaynaa jumcaha

Narniah   

^ wyre:

That is by far the best reply. After a long day at school + work, I just want to take a long shower, put my Pyjamas on, turn the heat up (brrr!!!, enjoy some home made meals, lay down and chill! I don't want to go out to have fun anymore, cause I'm so tired all the time. Unless I get rides from my family from and to or else I'm not going no where, blame the cold!

Abwaan   

Visit Leytonstone Masjid, Lee Valley horse riding E10, dinner at Village restaurant, Shop at Oxford Circus Street....

Apophis;879604 wrote:
Other things to do: art galleries are quite stimulating, check out the National Gallery if you haven't; theatres on the West End are also a great fun; there's plenty of comedy clubs dotted around (check timeout) and periodically, Hammersmith Apollo is a host to well known comedians (Jimmy Carr is always a favourite).

Checking out the comedy clubs that is a great idea.

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;879569 wrote:
LOL@HATU,

waar bal ninkaan eega, kulaha ed sheeran kkkkkk

we're not talking about the things you hear about in the slums of eastleigh or wajir district but the things you can actually do as a londoner LOL!

your recommendation are crap!

lol war it's hard to recommend when I don't know what he likes

Poster, if you want to visit the museums, go to South Kensington on the Piccadilly Line. During the festive season there's also an outdoor ice rink here that's pretty neat. If you're an academic that likes academic lectures, the universities in the city run various lectures all the time (I'm sure Alpha will like this one); just last Wednesday I was at a lecture at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. OK it wasn't for leisure but you get my drift. If you're a tourist, then the obvious places like Big Ben, Houses of Parliament gardens, London Eye, Hampton court Palace (this palace has a nice maze although it's not open all the time). As for night life, SOHO :D

Ibtisam   

London has the best places to chillax with nice music, great views and peace of mind- mind you the budget for this does make it a once a month kind of thing rather than weekly- unless you are very rich. All along the riverside. Great restaurant boats, markets and galleries- I love the science museum and the national art gallery. There are also fantastic dance studio- the best of them is Pineapple Studio near Covernt Garden, that took up my sat mornings and great for stress relieve. But most of all I miss walking in the parks; with primrose hill the top of the pack- walk all the way down to regents park and you will feel like a different person.

There is a £1 cinema in Leicester Square- only real Londoners go there and are members- the rest go to the £15 one :D. :D

I love London.

Ibtisam   

^^^^I've only been away for a a year and half, I doubt it its changed it that much. That place is classic for old and none hype movies.

Ibtisam   

^^^^IT is not the same experience. Plus I like the fact I can go, shut off, eat, make a mess and walk out into the drizzle without any other effort extended on cleaning up, cooking or making snacks and shutting off computers. Although at home you dont need to walk anywhere or pay money or get dressed. Total comfort.

*Ibtisam;879775 wrote:
London has the best places to
chillax
with nice music, great views and peace of mind- mind you the budget for this does make it a once a month kind of thing rather than weekly- unless you are very rich. All along the riverside. Great restaurant boats, markets and galleries- I love the science museum and the national art gallery. There are also fantastic dance studio- the best of them is Pineapple Studio near Covernt Garden, that took up my sat mornings and great for stress relieve. But most of all I miss walking in the parks; with primrose hill the top of the pack- walk all the way down to regents park and you will feel like a different person.

There is a
£1
cinema in Leicester Square- only real Londoners go there and are members- the rest go to the £15 one

I love London.

LOL@CHILLAX, are you making up words again IBZ,

low budget and low costs activities, thats our IBZ!

LOL@ dance studio, got a few moves ya? kkkkk

i use to go regents park dee, how come i didnt see!

Ibtisam   

Alpha there is nothing wrong with low cost and low budget activities, of course this is difficult for those who feel the NEED to show off and try to please everyone or convince others of their worth- they tent to floss- even getting into debt to live their lifestyle which they can neither afford nor maintain in the long run. :):D, I have and always will live according to my means- be it $30 or $30 million.

Regents park is a big place, and I was a master at avoiding your kinds. :P