Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Does Obama want it anymore?

We all knew this election was going to be tough for Obama, but I think the man is just not into it anymore. I am with those who argue that Obama doesn't want it as much as the other guy. It is entirely possible that Obama may have thrown the election away with that awful debate performance.

What are your thoughts?

It's just the 1st debate.

George Bush lost the 1st debate against John Kerry in 2004, but he still won and was re-elected.

Mitt Romney is an outright liar...He told outright lies during the debate and I'm surprised Obama never called him out on his lies.

Either way, Obama's gonna be re-elected. Romney doesn't stand a chance

Mitt Romney has jumped out to a slight national lead among those likeliest to vote on Nov. 6, according to a new poll from the Pew Research Center.

Pew, which in mid-September showed Romney trailing President Obama by eight points, now shows him leading the president by four points among likely voters — the first time Romney has led by that much. The poll has Romney at 49 percent and Obama at 45 percent.

Among registered voters, the race is tied at 46 percent after Obama held a nine-point lead last month. The last time Romney broke even with Obama among registered voters in a Pew poll was almost exactly one year ago.

The poll is the second survey today to suggest a significant post-debate bounce for Romney. A Gallup tracking poll conducted in the three days after Wednesday’s first general election debate showed Romney and Obama tied at 47 percent among registered voters.

We’re still waiting for more post-debate data, but right now, the limited data we have suggest real movement in Romney’s direction.

The Pew poll shows Romney’s favorable rating rising five points to 45 percent, while Obama’s favorable rating dropped seven points to 50 percent. It shows the two men are tied on the question of who is a stronger leader (Obama led 51 percent to 38 percent last month), Romney leading 49-41 on who can improve the jobs situation, and Romney leading 47-43 on the issue of taxes. (All of those numbers are among registered voters.)

All three are central questions in the 2012 campaign.

As for the debate, the Pew poll echoes Gallup, which found the debate to be a landslide victory for Romney. Both pollsters have 72 percent saying Romney won and 20 percent saying Obama won. Pew polling in 2008, by contrast, showed 67 percent thought Obama won the debates while 22 percent thought Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) did.

Yunis   

With only three weeks remaining; Obama ought to play that immigrant and minority card now, before Romney the front-runner becomes a media buzzword.

More important are the battleground state polls. Because the US is a divided country, the election really comes down to who wins in the battleground states. Looking at the latest polls, the downward trend for Obama in these states is receding.

Ohio could be Obama's firewall. If Obama can keep Ohio, he will win this election.

Ohio: NBC/WSJ/Marist: Obama 51-45%

Florida: NBC/WSJ/Marist: Obama 48-47%

Virginia: NBC/WSJ/Marist: Romney 48-47%, CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac: Obama 51-46%

Colorado: CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac: Romney 48-47%

Wisconsin: CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac: Obama 50-47%

Michigan: Detroit News: Obama 49-42%.

Mario B;879114 wrote:
^ I'm glad i'm insulated from this year's elections, then again it helps to be living in another continent.

Nin-Yaaban;879110 wrote:
I just can't wait for this thing to be over. I am sure a lot of people feel the same way about it too.

Co-sign! Obama's most likely to lose this time.

Mario B   

Bluelicious;879116 wrote:
Co-sign! Obama's most likely to lose this time.

Blue, not so fast my friend. :) This is still hanging in the balance and has been like that for almost a year, but you know Obama is trouble when a cutie like this one jumps ship.

Stacey+Dash+2.jpg

Mario B;879121 wrote:
Blue, not so fast my friend.
:)
This is still hanging in the balance and has been like that for almost a year, but you know Obama is trouble when a cutie like this one jumps ship.

Stacey+Dash+2.jpg

You know what they say desperate times call for desperate measures. Celebrities are now used as a tool to win elections. That's when you know that politics has gone downhill.

Under Obama, the United States has been surprisingly indifferent to world affairs when comparing him to George W Bush.

Under Obama, the US has set a timetable to withdraw from Afghanistan, ended the Iraq War, refused to participate in the Syrian Civil War, and chose to "lead from behind" during the Libyan Civil War. Obama, however expanded drone strikes, but that can't be compared to Bush's sending thousands of troops to foreign lands. And this foreign policy is far more favorable to me than Bush's unilaterism.

I'm afraid if Romney comes into power, he might give in to the neo-con Republicans :(