Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Ngonge's little nipper

Blessed   

LOL@Juxa and NG. NN, I'm a fan of culturally neutral universal names but I think the programme dealt with the American context.

yes and yes lol, though I consider it to be not a matter of being a fan but doing your best as a parent in insuring the success of your children as much as you can. When in rome... lol

i have a very traditional name and i'd much prefer if i had a normal name like everyone else. I feel the name that best compliments my personality is aidarus or one of those fancy and popular names like khalid, faisal, jamal etc. i feel my real name doesn't do me justice and i've previously tried changing it by a deed poll before considering its meaning and the reason behind it. i feel forever cursed carrying this name and its causing me serious set backs in life. at least its a traditional, somali and unlike these foreign names. my name is Boqore! LOL.

you see that's the thing NN. i'm not a unique person. in fact i'm very common and quite regular to be honest. this name is bigger than me but hey it is a fantastic ice-breaker in awkward situations. during my short but richly experienced life thus far, I've convinced many people that i was the heir to a small African kingdom and that my name was royal and that it was an criminal offensive to mispronounce it!

names are very important and naming a child determines their life long progress, i feel. its key that a small deliberative meeting that consists of an expert panel should accompany the child name ceremony.

Blessed   

To be honest, a name doesn't insure anything, apart from may be not being teased in school and sparing you the inconvenience of correcting people's mispronunciation of your name all the time (urgh), but success is gained through hard work, teaching your kids about hard work, providing them access to resources that they will need to learn / develope the neccessary life skills will set them up for life..

Alpha B,

You seem to be a walking contradiction of your real name, change it, you’re giving it a bad rep. LOL

i'm glad you recognise this eedo Blessed. I have no intention of knowing you either! LOL.

my name is certainly not cabaade and if you're intending to call me this from this day forth then i will not hesitate to sent a PM to admin to complain about this but also the PMs you've been bombarding me with recently. OMG, can you stop this madness please! for goodness sakes!