Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

-community hit by fatal Jubba fever

Just like Oowdeyne is considered to belong to a particular community so is Kismayo ...cuqdada iska saar for that does not mean you as a Somalia dare I say as human being can not reside and thrive in Kismayo, at least you should every right to do so.

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;879066 wrote:
Just like Oowdeyne is considered to belong to a particular community so is Kismayo ...cuqdada iska saar for that does not mean you as a Somalia dare I say as human being can not reside and thrive in Kismayo, at least you should every right to do so.

Oodweyne clan doesnt need Kenyan army to establish a regional admin nor to fight their cousins. Xiinow ka joow, meel xun ayaa ku socotaa.

waxa hubaal ah inaan ee jireen qabiil sheegaan kara.

Carafaat ,

If you pay attention, you got yourself more confused. The Jubba community is festive ...where you see Kenyans in Kismayo we see Somalia's revival in Mogadishu and in the South in general.

Haatu   

lol Carafaat. War the kenyans and the said community just had the same motive: get rid of Al Shabaab. You didn't complain when Beledwene was liberated by the Ethios and then the Shabelle Valley folks were installed, you said nothing when the same happened in Baydhabo, Xudur and others. But when tolka decide to join the bandwagon and seek foreign help to liberate their regions, you start with this nonsense. Go learn how to be impartial before you start this nonsense again. Today Kismaayo is free and the stake holders of Jubbas and Gedo are currently deciding their fate. Intii horumarkan necebna we say ka naxoo ku naf waa.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;878918 wrote:
Xagar is degmo now, but Dujuuma isn't. Haye noo wada sheekada.

I always thougth Xagar was in Middle Jubba region, I believe Siad Barre named it as a degmo in the last days of his regime

Yunis   

@Chimera don't mind those naysayers - the combination of good leadership and engaged civil society some of your ideas are possible in few short decades.

arafat, inaadeero, fantastic thread marka hore. secondly, with the collapse of the proxy al-shaabab, perhaps its time to let the locals of the jubbo regions get on with the stabilising and for us to stop the meddling in their affairs. there is no benefit worthy of mention by your attempts to divide and rule.

Chimera   

Apophis;879104 wrote:
^^ Not in this century.

All that was happening in this region in the last century with one of the largest Panamax ports in the Indian Ocean handling hundreds of ships. The region had some of the largest factories and plants processing agriculture, meat and fish in Africa. However petty qabiilism that is also displayed in this topic made sure all progress was halted and now none of these petty clans are enjoying what could have enjoyed had they been less myopic, and most likely they will not enjoy any of this for as long they maintain this paleolithic clan tradition above meritocracy and the collective good.

However all this can be a reality in less 5 years time!

Haatu;878858 wrote:
Blue what's going on abaayadiis? You seem to have a way with flirting with a host of guys (che , Carafaat, Showqi the Kow guy to name a few)
:D

Why does it has to be me as if a man never flirts, ever thought maybe it's the other way round and they start up a chat. I never start anything I only participate besides there is no harm in a lil fun within the limits :D

Chimera;879118 wrote:
All that was happening in this region in the last century with one of the largest Panamax ports in the Indian Ocean handling hundreds of ships. The region had some of the largest factories and plants processing agriculture, meat and fish in Africa. However petty qabiilism that is also displayed in this topic made sure all progress was halted and now none of these petty clans are enjoying what could have enjoyed had they been less myopic, and most likely they will not enjoy any of this for as long they maintain this paleolithic clan tradition above meritocracy and the collective good.

However all this can be a reality in less 5 years time!

lol@adams,

don't you ever tire of the blame game sxb? lets talk about the small changes occuring and add whatever we can to that.

apo, the snide negative comments are not really necessary!

Chimera   

Apophis;879122 wrote:
I'm sorry but I just think you're being too optimistic.

I think your underestimating your own people and what they're capable of in good times, and with good leadership,

I don't.

Somalia was a basket case even when it had a government

Nonsense, we had the highest literacy rates, the biggest sports venues, the biggest military, the biggest factories, the most deepwater ports, the highest GDP per capita in the region, etc. If we had continued with the progress that was made for the last twenty years instead of war, then we would be an 'emerging market' country today.

(Panamax port or no port).

The fact that Somalia established three panamax ports was a major achievement equaled by no other country on the continent. Only South Africa and Morrocco today have as many. With 50% of the world's sea-trade passing by Somalia, we would be flourishing even if attracted only 1% of this massive trade-volume.

And in Africa "largest" doesn't mean as much as you think it means.

What? Should Vietnam measure its own progress with the rest of Asia or with high-tech America?

And regarding qabiliism:

Qabiil is a dumb system, plain and simple. It kept the Japanese poor and war-torn for centuries until they dropped it for their own good.

And look where they are today.

Chimera   

Apophis;879141 wrote:
I'm getting that deja vu feeling.

Get used to it. :D

I'm aiming for objectivity so "my people" thing is utterly irrelevant. You can only progress when one doesn't shy away from reality

What are you talking about? You disputed whether the images I posted would be possible with the statement 'not in this century', and I show you why it is possible well within this decade based on the recent history in the previous century,

When comparing yourself to a shoeless beggar then I guess you can say "biggest" this and that.

You clearly have no clue about economics, development and how progress is measured for each country on this planet. For Somalia to go from a measly 5% to 75% literacy rate in the span of five years is a success by any measurement or standard, it doesn't matter if the rates of the surrounding neighbours at the time were abysmal. What matters is that Somalis can make serious progress if they leave their petty differences behind.

Which was my whole damn point, before you started your whole 'your too optimistic' card.

Somalia was a basket case

As was Malaysia, as was South Korea, but they aren't today, neither would Somalia have been today had the country not collapsed.

with little export

Somfruit company was the largest employer in East Africa exporting high-value commodities like bananas, mango, etc. Canned meat and fish was exported, incense was exported, Cement was exported, textiles were exported, sugar and salt was exported. The Bardera dam would have boosted Somali agriculture as the second largest dam in Africa.

That's more than enough for a country to prosper, Malaysia did it with Palm-oil!

and if it wasn't being maintained, starting qith Italy and then the Soviet Union followed by the USA, it would have been the Ethiopia of the 80s. Of course the Smaller population helped.

Somalia's GDP per capita was 8 times higher than Ethiopia's at the time. Even after a collapse of twenty years, they dont have that kind of lead over us. You only need to look at countries like Tunisia to see where Somalia should be today.

Lets give credit where credit is due.And lets no play the "If" game.

Historical reputations, trends and infrastructural achievements are all measurements by which countries' destinies are postulated.

You might as well tell all economists in the world to ignore whatever indexes that are published on the future of the world, because Apophis doesn't like 'ifs'.

LOL

It took 40 year for Vietnam to reach where it is and you think Somalia can do it in 5?

This is what I mean, you just argue for the sake of arguing, and don't grasp my point. Who's talking about Vietnam's current level? I was clearly referring to whom they are compared to (i.e other Asian countries close to them), because you made the fallacious argument about Somalia and my comparisons with the rest of Africa.

All that was shown in those pictures could be achieved in Somalia within five years, we did that in the past with less resources than we have today!

It's all of that but it's also a fact of Somali life, you can't eradicate it, it has been tried and it has failed. Work with it.

Racism was once part of American life, and they eradicted it, this is no different. Don't tell me to work with systemised racism in the form of clannism.