Sign in to follow this  
somaliman

Official NFL Football Thread 2008

Although largely dismissed by Somalis living outside the United States, NFL Football is the most exciting sport to Watch in the world. Keyword: Watch - because little can compete in this harsh sport where concussions and career ending injuries can occur on any given play.

My UK counterparts might argue that it's not tough enough because they wear pads and protection where rugby players don't wear any. I argue back that rugby players are not as big and as fast and as strong as football players.

ANYWAYS let me get to the point. ARE there any NFL football freaks/hooligans/ and/or obsessed ones in here? If not, I will officially stop this topic and you can go back talking about your beloved soccer.

Baluug   

I think there are a few NFL fans in here, I watch it from time to time, but nothing beats hockey. My team is the Seahawks.

I see. Hockey is nice.. only when my Bruins are in it. other then that, it's not like the same. ever since that strike i think hockey has hit rock bottom and lost its fans. Back to the topic at hand: New England Patriots all the way!!!!!

Caadan, somalis watch NFL alot but those who contribute to this site are mostly from the Euro....so they fancy their football...anyhow this season is not going as most predicted...the opening week of the season was the game changer...brady goes down, westbrook gets injured and the picture looks different...and to my suprise my hometeam is playing good football...thanks to the rookie Matt Ryan...GO FALCONS....

J.Lee   

I. Sea-Hawks were a disappoint this year; we were in a committed relationship until he decided to under perform from every critical angle you can think of from their Special Teams to their QB. It was heartbreaking.

However,

II. I was rooting for the Pat's until Brady's injury. What I didn't get however was how Cassel became a 2nd string QB under Brady when he never played in College. I promise you, when they played against the Chargers I was thinking he couldn't be that bad but we all know how that story went...down the damn drain.

I just want to see the Giants and Eagels for the Bowl.

III. As far as College Football is concerned:

I have been rooting for Florida (partly Tebow partly Harvin= Love)the whole season even though most of my friends thought that was a joke. Aside from losing to Ole Miss they made Saturdays my best day.

Sooners who?.

IV: I hope The Trojans molest Penn State. They are a Pac-10 team so for obvious reasons I want them to win the Rose Bowl.

VT (19)-Orange Bowl

Alabama(4)-Sugar Bowl

Texas(3)-Fiesta Bowl (OH. State doesn't deserve to go the bowl when Boise State had an undefeated season and better BCS standing)

Finally:

I think it's just sad that TT got booted out because the Sooners were poll favorites.

Jlee! they told me WAAY DUUSHEY when i inquired about u sometime ago... good to know that u landed back. lol

how u went for PAT is not ACCEPTABLE!! its a yacky team.

this seasons nfl is really missed up! i ama go for the cowboyz this yr!! lol.. dunno why.

Oz   

rudy I play football as in soccer,running,swimming and surfing offcourse..

what do you do - driving along LA freeway as a way of exercising? :D

lool..those are all the games even ladies play.looooooool...just kidding homie...good for yah...i use to surf way back in hi-school... but u know the beach here in la is so dirty..i had to quit.

nowadays! a good massage from a nice lady's hands makes walk like king-kong! smile.gif

Baluug   

Vikings win the NFC North title for the first time since 2000 on a last-second field goal, so I'm sure our Minnesota friends are happy today.

Poker   

How about them cowboys? Getting their asz kicked by the Eagles like run away slave.

No, I'm not Eagles fan but it brings joy and smile to my face every time I see these cowboys getting abused like a rental car. :D

I know it's tough to repeat in the NFL but the Giants have a great chance of winning it all AGAIN!