Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Famous Converts to Islam

Khadijah - wife of Muhammad. First convert to Islam.

Shabbetai Tzevi - seventeenth-century Turkish Jew who had claimed to be Messiah and attracted a large following. His conversion to Islam largely dissolved this mass messianic Jewish movement, but also resulted in the development of the ongoing Donmeh religious movement.

Malcom X - early leader of American "Black Muslim"/Nation of Islam movement; later a convert to Sunni Islam

Cat Stevens - British rock musician; changed name to Yusuf Islam

Art Blakey - American Jazz musician

Muhammad Ali - boxer

Matthew Saad Muhammad - world champion boxer (formerly Matt Franklin)

Dwight Muhammad Qawi - world champion boxer (formerly Dwight Braxton)

Eddie Mustapha Muhammad - world champion lightweight boxer (formerly Eddie Gregory)

Mustafa Hamsho - boxer

Akbar Muhammad - boxer

Mike Tyson - boxer

Hamdan Chris Eubank - boxer (super middleweight boxing champion)

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - basketball player

Queen Noor - American-born queen of Jordan

Maryam Jameelah - Jewish American essayist and poet. Formerly Margaret Marcus.

Daniel Moore - Anglo-American poet

Muhammad Marmaduke (William) Pickthall - author and Quran translator

Michael Wolfe - author, journalist (The Hadj: An American's Pilgrimage to Mecca; One Thousand Roads to Mecca: Ten Centuries of Travelers Writing About the Muslim Pilgrimage; ABC Nightline documentary "An American in Mecca")

Aminah Assilmi - Denver area broadcast journalist; now director of the International Union of Muslim Women (former Baptist)

Jemima Goldsmith - daughter of British billionaire Sir James, who married Imran Khan. Changed name to Haiqa Khan.

Micheal Jackson's Brother Jermain Jackson Converted to Islam too (yipee)

Famous People who are NOT Converts to Islam

The following famous individuals have been the subject of widely circulated but completely fabricated "conversion to Islam" rumors:

Neil Armstrong

Jacques Cousteau

Michael Jackson

Will Smith

Kamila   

Salaamu caleykum Nazra Cadeey,

Can you tell me the First wife of the Prophet Mohamed (SCW) when did Prophet Mohamed (SCW) married her and is it before the Islam or after?

________________Kamila__________________________

Aloow Na solansii wixii keena

naxariistaada iyo dambi dhaafkaaga iyo

ka nabad galid dambi dhaammaanti oo noo

sahal khasnadaha kherka dhammaantood

iyo ku guuleysiga Jannada iyo ka nabad

gelidda naarta.

-KIWI   

Asalaamu Caleykum Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakaatuhu..

I have meet a vast number of kiwi(new zealand born) reverts( the proper terminology used rather than covert as everyone is born as a Muslim revert indicating that they have come back to it) all sisters who walked from all sorts of life and all who have walked straight to the right path. They will all tell you almost identical stories on how they went about their "soul searching"the road which gave them a touch of realisation there is only one creator having looked around and noticing that every house has a leader,every school has a pricipal,every town has a mayor and every country has a prime minister so they all got the same stage and pondered on the same question over and over again "who has created us".After giving it some deep thought they have come to the same conclusion that there is Allah the creator of the universe.

After geeting to know some of the sisters they have personally informed me that they now have a sense of direction a purpose to life and they are all leading a life of tranquility and peace.

Its funny how sweet gal you have mention numerous boxers who are all reverts,take the Australian boxer i would doubt anyone would know who he is Anthony Mandene when asked why he become Muslim he laughed it off and replied "isnt Islam every boxers religion".

Its true Allah guides whom he chooses.

May Allah take us to our graves while we still on the right path.Amiin

Mujahida   

May Allah take us to our graves while we still on the right path.Amiin

Ameen, smile.gif How ru ya ukthi my fellow kiwi naziha?

Hey nobody mentioned the Great Bilal Philips!

peace peace

Nazra   

I knew the prohpet married Kadijah as his first wife, as we know he was indeed a muslim prophet but i thought kadijah was ALREADY a muslim. :confused:

I should read my books that just lay here.

biG mOm   

asalaama calaykum wa rahmtullaahi wa barakaatuhu

Maasha allaaah this is great topic///

Khadijah was the first person who bleived our beloved prophet "SAW" and she was his first wife , the mom of his All children excapt Qaasim who was mariya's son/ ..

jazaakumu allaah khair all of you///