Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

How much do you pay for gas at where you live?

Cabdow   

I was complaining of paying 1.13/liter, but hearing how much some of you guys pay (daamn!) I should say Alhamdulilah :)

I just read it's $5 a gallon in some parts of SoCal. That's when you really know it's either time to carpool/take the bus or get a small car. I can't imagine paying that much for gas. Yahoo! is also reporting gas related thefts is also going up. Damn.

Abwaan   

Apophis, you have to remember that UK has an alternative public transport, specially in many areas it runs 24 hours.

Exactly Abwaan. Outside of NYC/DC/and few other cities, public trans is almost non non existent in many parts of this country. People have no other choice but to drive.

Apophis;878410 wrote:
Then the car is vital. The good thing about London is the public transport is ubiquitous but it can be as expensive (if not more) than a car.

Yea it always comes down to access to public transport, and which one is cheaper. If gas prices keep going up (and i don't see them coming down anytime soon) then they would have to infest more in either building trains or make cars that get a high gas mileage. My cousin owns a truck and i can only imagine how much it costs to feel that thing up.

Earlier in the year, I got myself a Volt and believe you me, am glad I did with the way gas prices are going up in California.

To those SOLers living in Cali, I recommend you get yourself an electric car as well. Besides, the savings you would make, by not paying an arm and leg for gas, the other incentives to get one are most attractive.

When I bought mine, I earned close to $7500 tax credit from Uncle Sam and a further $2000 from Governor Brown. Also, driving in the diamond lane WITHOUT a second passenger and being able to park for free in all metered parking throughout my county and most major cities is a huge plus.

Tillamook;878934 wrote:
Earlier in the year, I got myself a Volt and believe you me, am glad I did with the way gas prices are going up in California.

To those SOLers living in Cali, I recommend you get yourself an electric car as well. Besides, the savings you would make, by not paying an arm and leg for gas, the other incentives to get one are most attractive.

When I bought mine, I earned close to $7500 tax credit from Uncle Sam and a further $2000 from Governor Brown. Also, driving in the diamond lane WITHOUT a second passenger and being able to park for free in all metered parking throughout my county and most major cities is a huge plus.

I bet you save on GAS money. Now, do they have those recharging stations everywhere, and what happens if u ran outta juice?

^

Dude, I used to spend aprrox $200 to fill up my Raptor every week. The last time I filled up my Volt on the other hand, I spent $40 and that was almost 3 months ago. So yeah, the savings are real.

We have charging stations in several places near were I live, but I have never used them personally. I just plug my car in the garage every other night and that usually is enough to take me to work and wherever else I need to be.

Tillamook;878955 wrote:
^

Dude, I used to spend aprrox $200 to fill up my Raptor every week. The last time I filled up my Volt on the other hand, I spent $40 and that was almost 3 months ago. So yeah, the savings are real.

We have charging stations in several places near were I live, but I have never used them personally. I just plug my car in the garage every other night and that usually is enough to take me to work and wherever else I need to be.

Nice.