Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Closed Cities for Somalia

NGONGE   

^^ If it makes sense, I applaud it. But Chimara never ever makes sense when it comes to Somalia. So, yes, I oppose all his topics. :D

people like ngonge and apophis are good for nothing- ill sighted fellows, who have nothing positive to contribute, other than childish connotations.

if you have nothing to say, better pack and go,,,,,,,,it is a childish mentality to cause distraction, now and then. we should allow healthy discussion on this boards, as a platform for sharing future possibilities, but not a forum for soft bashing of ideologies.

Malika   

^Why worry about Ngonge, iyo wuxu yahay. Adigu where is your two pence of worth on these so called discussions your on about?

Chimera, needs the likes of Ngonge to sharpen his ideas. His topic tend to be unrealistic, he talks of building cities, when the nation is still fragmented not only at national level but to neighbourhood level..Nevertheless, his posts are positive and do offer an insight to what could be if we ever sort our differences out.

Malika;876707 wrote:
His topic tend to be
unrealistic
, he talks of building cities, when the nation is still fragmented not only at national level but to neighbourhood level..Nevertheless, his posts are
positive
and do offer an insight to what could be if we ever sort our differences out.

i acknowledge your indefinite support for ngonge,,,, but please come up with an example of an unrealistic positive thing of the sorts, while at that, salute the bold.

NGONGE   

genius pauper.;876698 wrote:
people like ngonge and apophis are good for nothing- ill sighted fellows, who have nothing positive to contribute, other than childish connotations.

if you have nothing to say, better pack and go,,,,,,,,it is a childish mentality to cause distraction, now and then. we should allow healthy discussion on this boards, as a platform for sharing future possibilities, but not a forum for soft bashing of ideologies.

But I have something to say you empty bucket. I am telling you that you are talking RUBBISH. One can not contribute anything positive to RUBBISH. Wax fahan.

Turning the cities into big prisons do not work ,,, and that is not how the security is dealt with. Even Israel did not manage to stop the Palestinian suicide bombers with all the barriers, vehicle scans and everything.

The best thing is to win the hearts and mind of the people, you are surely safe from anyone.

NGONGE;876712 wrote:
But I have something to say you empty bucket. I am telling you that you are talking RUBBISH. One can not contribute anything positive to RUBBISH. Wax fahan.

a child mentality, what did i say,,,,,,,,,,,,,

NGONGE   

^^ Adeer, call me a child or a bufoon if it makes you happy. Just come up with something worth reading and I promise to pat you on the back and tell you that you did good. I promise I said.

Chimera   

RedSea;876661 wrote:

One q.

How would be the cost in your estimate both in terms of man power and money that something like this would require?

Professional check-point. I estimate a professional check point with two rectangular buildings to cost no more than $200000, especially if a local company is employed to set up the gates and buildings.

Professional soldiers. Thirty disciplined Somali soldiers at each check point. In Mogadishu's case, there are two main roads and a minor one that lead into the city. That would mean ninety soldiers manning the first line of defense for the city. Their salaries should be between $500 to $1000 to keep them content, and capable of supporting their own families while doing a national duty. 90 X $500/1000 = $45000/$90000 a month = $540000/1080000 a year. That's pocket change and could easily be funded through port revenues and taxes,

Instead of overstretching the few manpower we have at the moment, maintaining a monopoly on the most important routes into a city would be a far more efficient way of using the little resources we have. if this were to happen at every city and town in the country, with a system of taxation paying for the construction of the check-points and salaries of the soldiers, we would be owning our own destiny.

Armoured vehicles at the every check-point. Al-Shabaab's kryptonite has always been heavy hardware and armour, because each time the 'peacekeepers' patrolled without it, they were horribly massacred. When the Somali military purchases serious military hardware for the future army next year, small divisions of Somali soldiers with armoured vehicles should hold the fort at the check-points until enough Somali men and women have been trained to project power countrywide. The fund for the reconstruction of the Somali Armed Forces would cover this.

Monitoring systems to cover an established perimeter, This could be funded with the taxation from Telecommunication companies, which owe the government around $50 to $100 million a year. This system of motion sensors, CCTV and patrol teams of ten Somali police officers would need only a fraction of that sum to get that security program up and running. Once they detect a specific movement outside of the main roads and minor ones, they would be send out to check. If the ones using unconventional ways to get into city are herders, they would be checked quickly then allowed to proceed, if these are more sinister groups, these patrol teams would sound the alarm and engage them.

In total, in the case of Mogadishu, this system would cost around two million in the first year, and 1.5 million annually in the following years. The Port of Mogadishu in its current state makes more than that on a monthly basis and its not even touching its real potential.

This is not a unrealistic proposal, unless professionalism and organisation are traits that Somalis lack? Well, I refuse to believe that for I don't suffer from an inferiority complex, or believe only foreigners can provide security. When Somalis are guided in the right direction, receive proper training, salaries and fight for a good cause, they are a force to be reckoned with.

This is the most cost-effective way to deal with the interregnum period of a professional Somali military. Stability and security is expensive, countries world-wide spend tens of billions annually to make sure their citizens are safe. I'm proposing that we redirect the most disciplined Somali soldiers to protect the main urban hubs and agricultural centers so we can safely generate serious wealth and allow the government to purchase all it needs to project power nationwide, and provide services.

Day in, day out, you see individuals on this forum mocking the state-apparatus for relying on foreigners for help, a schadenfreude for its current dependency out of clan or political reasons, should I then be surprised that my proposal is mocked as well?

Not really, I actually anticipated it, next!

NGONGE;876726 wrote:
^^ Adeer, call me a child or a bufoon if it makes you happy. Just come up with something worth reading and I promise to pat you on the back and tell you that you did good. I promise I said.

isfahanka waa qaali, amaan galyadaa se kamudan.

RedSea   

Chimera;876742 wrote:
Professional check-point
. I estimate a professional check point with two rectangular buildings to cost no more than
$200000
, especially if a local company is employed to set up the gates and buildings.

Professional soldiers
. Thirty disciplined Somali soldiers at each check point. In Mogadishu's case, there are two main roads and a minor one that lead into the city. That would mean ninety soldiers manning the first line of defense for the city. Their salaries should be between $500 to $1000 to keep them content, and capable of supporting their own families while doing a national duty. 90 X $500/1000 = $45000/$90000 a month =
$540000/1080000
a year. That's pocket change and could easily be funded through port revenues and taxes,

Instead of overstretching the few manpower we have at the moment, maintaining a monopoly on the most important routes into a city would be a far more efficient way of using the little resources we have. if this were to happen at every city and town in the country, with a system of taxation paying for the construction of the check-points and salaries of the soldiers, we would be owning our own destiny.

Armoured vehicles at the every check-point
. Al-Shabaab's kryptonite has always been heavy hardware and armour, because each time the 'peacekeepers' patrolled without it, they were horribly massacred. When the Somali military purchases serious military hardware for the future army next year, small divisions of Somali soldiers with armoured vehicles should hold the fort at the check-points until enough Somali men and women have been trained to project power countrywide. The fund for the reconstruction of the Somali Armed Forces would cover this.

Monitoring systems to cover an established perimeter
, This could be funded with the taxation from Telecommunication companies, which owe the government around $50 to $100 million a year. This system of motion sensors, CCTV and patrol teams of ten Somali police officers would need only a fraction of that sum to get that security program up and running. Once they detect a specific movement outside of the main roads and minor ones, they would be send out to check. If the ones using unconventional ways to get into city are herders, they would be checked quickly then allowed to proceed, if these are more sinister groups, these patrol teams would sound the alarm and engage them.

In total, in the case of Mogadishu, this system would cost around two million in the first year, and 1.5 million annually in the following years. The Port of Mogadishu in its current state makes more than that on a monthly basis and its not even touching its real potential.

This is not a unrealistic proposal, unless professionalism and organisation are traits that Somalis lack? Well, I refuse to believe that for I don't suffer from an inferiority complex, or believe only foreigners can provide security. When Somalis are guided in the right direction, receive proper training, salaries and fight for a good cause, they are a force to be reckoned with.

This is the most cost-effective way to deal with the interregnum period of a professional Somali military. Stability and security is expensive, countries world-wide spend tens of billions annually to make sure their citizens are safe. I'm proposing that we redirect the most disciplined Somali soldiers to protect the main urban hubs and agricultural centers so we can safely generate serious wealth and allow the government to purchase all it needs to project power nationwide, and provide services.

Day in, day out, you see individuals on this forum mocking the state-apparatus for relying on foreigners for help, a schadenfreude for its current dependency out of clan or political reasons, should I then be surprised that my proposal is mocked as well?

Not really, I actually anticipated it, next!

Great! Although I have to admit that might solve the security issues, but having check-points manned by armored vehicles dotted around the city would not be very inviting to bussiness and tourism.

Perhaps only having these enclosed security measures around important government buildings and public gathering places could work.

Fanisha   

NGONGE;876694 wrote:
Have you been back lately? They have checkpoints at the entrances of all SL cities, saaaxib.

As for the topic; stuff and nonesense as ever.
:)

I thought inaad stuff and nonesense ka waynaatay :)