Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Alpha Blondy;918715 wrote:
i had the impression your family were quite liberal? but, in any case, its important you keep this 'love affair' to yourself for the time being. plus, you could always use 'the family' as an excuse when you want to get out of spending time with her LOOOOOOOOOL....you could say your grandfather was killed in the 77' war and your family are sworn enemies of ethiopia and ethiopians. make this jacyl into a mashruuc brov LOOOOOOOOL. women love this romeo-juliet type stuff.....
:D

LOL yh man im Ayeeyo Kuris dee..WHOA LOOOL ethio-somali war is Taboo ninyahow

Haatu   

Alpha, word of advice, the maids are there for household chores and nothing else. Keep the relationship 100% professional :D Whilst I'm on this subject, have you heard about this Kenyan pandemic where the husband and wife both leave for work in the morning (kids chauffeur driven to school by driver) but the man returns after a while for a "session" with the housemaid :D Many husbands have been caught by their wives doing such :D

lol@pathetic little clan. I wish I knew more about duriyadda to fully appreciate the joke. And create value by scarcity? lol :D

Mikoroshini, Makangira, and Oyster Bay, Tanzania

DaresSalaam.jpg

DaresSalaam2.jpg

Hanna Nassif and Upanga, Tanzania

---

Lomas de Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo, Mexico City

San-Miguel-Teotongo.jpg

Lomas-de-Chapultepec.jpg

San Miguel Teotongo, Iztapalapa, Mexico City

----

Urban trees reveal income inequality

Wealthy cities seem to have it all. Expansive, well-manicured parks. Fine dining. Renowned orchestras and theaters. More trees. Wait, trees? I’m afraid so.

Research published a few years ago shows a tight relationship between per capita income and forest cover. The study’s authors tallied total forest cover for 210 cities over 100,000 people in the contiguous United States using the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s natural resource inventory and satellite imagery. They also gathered economic data, including income, land prices, and disposable income.

They found that for every 1 percent increase in per capita income, demand for forest cover increased by 1.76 percent. But when income dropped by the same amount, demand decreased by 1.26 percent. That’s a pretty tight correlation. The researchers reason that wealthier cities can afford more trees, both on private and public property. The well-to-do can afford larger lots, which in turn can support more trees. On the public side, cities with larger tax bases can afford to plant and maintain more trees. Given the recent problems New York City has had with its aging trees dropping limbs on unsuspecting passers-by—and the lawsuits that result—it’s no surprise that poorer cities would keep lean tree inventories.

But what disturbs me is that the study’s authors say the demand curve they see for tree cover is more typical of demand for luxury goods than necessities. That’s too bad. It’s easy to see trees as a luxury when a city can barely keep its roads and sewers in working order, but that glosses over the many benefits urban trees provide. They shade houses in the summer, reducing cooling bills. They scrub the air of pollution, especially of the particulate variety, which in many poor neighborhoods is responsible for increased asthma rates and other health problems. They also reduce stress, which has its own health benefits. Large, established trees can even fight crime.

Fortunately, many cities understand the value trees bring to their cities. New York City is aiming to double the number of trees it has to 1 million. Chicago has planted over 600,000 in the last twenty years.¹ And London has been working to get 20,000 new trees in the ground before it hosts the Olympics.

But those cities are relatively wealthy. It’s the poorer ones that probably need trees the most but are the least able to plant and maintain them. The Arbor Day Foundation is a great resource in those cases, but like many non-profits, it is stretched too thin. Compounding the inequality is the fact that most tree planting programs are local. Urban forestry has sailed largely under the federal government’s radar. The U.S. Forest Service does have a urban and community forestry program, but is woefully underfunded, having only $900,000 to disperse in grants. Bolstering that program could help struggling cities plant the trees they need. After all, trees and the benefits they provide are more than just a luxury.

Wealthy cities seem to have it all. Expansive, well-manicured parks. Fine dining. Renowned orchestras and theaters. More trees. Wait, trees? I’m afraid so.

Research published a few years ago shows a tight relationship between per capita income and forest cover. The study’s authors tallied total forest cover for 210 cities over 100,000 people in the contiguous United States using the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s natural resource inventory and satellite imagery. They also gathered economic data, including income, land prices, and disposable income.

They found that for every 1 percent increase in per capita income, demand for forest cover increased by 1.76 percent. But when income dropped by the same amount, demand decreased by 1.26 percent. That’s a pretty tight correlation. The researchers reason that wealthier cities can afford more trees, both on private and public property. The well-to-do can afford larger lots, which in turn can support more trees. On the public side, cities with larger tax bases can afford to plant and maintain more trees. Given the recent problems New York City has had with its aging trees dropping limbs on unsuspecting passers-by—and the lawsuits that result—it’s no surprise that poorer cities would keep lean tree inventories.

But what disturbs me is that the study’s authors say the demand curve they see for tree cover is more typical of demand for luxury goods than necessities. That’s too bad. It’s easy to see trees as a luxury when a city can barely keep its roads and sewers in working order, but that glosses over the many benefits urban trees provide. They shade houses in the summer, reducing cooling bills. They scrub the air of pollution, especially of the particulate variety, which in many poor neighborhoods is responsible for increased asthma rates and other health problems. They also reduce stress, which has its own health benefits. Large, established trees can even fight crime.

Fortunately, many cities understand the value trees bring to their cities. New York City is aiming to double the number of trees it has to 1 million. Chicago has planted over 600,000 in the last twenty years.¹ And London has been working to get 20,000 new trees in the ground before it hosts the Olympics.

But those cities are relatively wealthy. It’s the poorer ones that probably need trees the most but are the least able to plant and maintain them. The Arbor Day Foundation is a great resource in those cases, but like many non-profits, it is stretched too thin. Compounding the inequality is the fact that most tree planting programs are local. Urban forestry has sailed largely under the federal government’s radar. The U.S. Forest Service does have a urban and community forestry program, but is woefully underfunded, having only $900,000 to disperse in grants. Bolstering that program could help struggling cities plant the trees they need. After all, trees and the benefits they provide are more than just a luxury.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169204607002174

-----

interesting study.

Carafaat   

Alpha Blondy;918716 wrote:
ya arafat! my dearest of inaadeeros:D. my day was spent attending a very important meeting. i received the invite last week to attending a reer mohamud event. it was excellent. these reer mohamud folks are getting serious, inaadeero. they've got a small organisation and you should have seen how passionate they were about expanding their plans. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. it would've been great had you been there. a pathetic little clan like reer mohamud plotting and planing?......and some thought the resurrection of jesus moses was spectacular...
:D
they'd mentioned your clan several time as an example worthy of following. i didn't agree with that...laakin. i had to remind them dee........ LOOOOOOOOOOL.

Dear Inadeero, my sub clan have been plotting for years now. they have set-up a strategic plan, with vision, mission and all that. Their ambition is to take over Berbera by 2014, penetrate in to Hargeysa by 2015 and land in Djibouti somewhere in 2020. the reer mahamud must have gotten a word of that and now they are trying to prevent us. They wont succees! Quite an impressive achievement, if you remember that they are from the hawd area of Burco. :D

nuune   

Oba, good call, is she pure Amhara/Tigranya, my fav are the Cadaris of Harare, dated few a while back(halal date) but the problem was that they wouldn't settle for second or third, that is a setback for me, weyna ku dili, butabove all, qurux and all wey ku dhamaatey, Harer, I will be there in 2 weeks time.

Bro Nuune i love the way the she treats me like im a king or something. Xaliimoyinka they'll eat you a live manaxaan waaye. :D

Her father is Amhara and the mother is Tigray from Eritrea

nuune   

That is where I disagree with you, a xalimo can treat you a king if you know the hows and ways, sxb, Xaliimooyinkeena are wallaahi great, if you respect them, adhere them, admire them, they will in exchange do the same plus more, but saying that, personally, I can't handle a xaliimo, I find Ruushka to be great though.

nuune   

You are mixing two things, a bossy xalimo, and a raaliyo, which one you want, I prefer a bossy one aan is dagaleyno 24 hours, that is romantic to me at least.

Ethios are Raaliyo but be careful, don't date another girl while you are with her, don't end up like a man I know who was burn alive!

nuune   

mid miskiin ah oo joogto Ceel Baraf raadso, you not gona find at uni or in svenski.

One advise though: date one girl at a time, even if it is 2 days apart