Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;983737 wrote:
^ Catching on to that American lingo it appears. Somewhat. I could use some panera bread or panda express care to dhl me saffy
;)
?

Who said it's American lingo :mad: I'm actually at Panera now lol. Enjoy the food in Africa while you're there, there will be plenty of fast food still here when you get back.

Cadale   

Alpha Blondy;983743 wrote:
aar bal warama dee

Nabad , xaaladadu waa sidee inaarka? Mashruucii xagee buu marayaa haatan?

Cadale;983747 wrote:
Nabad , xaaladadu waa sidee inaarka? Mashruucii xagee buu marayaa haatan?

yaakhi,

caawa jeudi soir. sidi reer Djiboutiga ayaa loo barjeynaya. :P

xaaladu wa boqolkiba boqol, ma garatay?

mashruucii wu dhaqaaqay ee sida uula soco.

Cadale   

Alpha Blondy;983755 wrote:
yaakhi,

caawa jeudi soir. sidi reer Djiboutiga ayaa loo barjeynaya.
:P

xaaladu wa boqolkiba boqol, ma garatay?

mashruucii wu dhaqaaqay ee sida uula soco.

waar dee ii baashaal inaarka. :D

Safferz   

Alpha I'm sad because I have to do another Amharic performance this semester for "cultural night," except this time I have to dance too :( lol

Nooo!

Safferz   

Haatu;983954 wrote:
The Axmaar have awful dances...

I don't hate eskesta, I just hate me doing eskesta lol. We're doing a Gurage and Tigre dance too, and my Amharic teacher asked if we should include a Somali dance as well but I don't really know how to feel about dhaanto being part of the "Ethiopia" set for cultural night. It was always weird to see on ETV/ESTV.

Haatu   

Safferz;983962 wrote:
I don't hate eskesta, I just hate me doing eskesta lol. We're doing a Gurage and Tigre dance too, and my Amharic teacher asked if we should include a Somali dance as well but I don't really know how to feel about dhaanto being part of the "Ethiopia" set for cultural night. It was always weird to see on ETV/ESTV.

Don't do the dhaanto. We're not Ethiopian.

In other news, I found my dream home. IA one day I will build a home just like it in Gaaris Cadey

6156191006_e6ab4fda79_b.jpg

(It's in Jeddah and stolen from SSC, God forgive me).

Safferz;983934 wrote:
Alpha I'm sad because I have to do another Amharic performance this semester for "cultural night," except this time I have to dance too
:(
lol

Nooo!

let's all give each other another rounds of hambalyo as we celebrate cultural diversity, ma istidhi? ;)

as a regular contributor to various blogs including but not limited to SOL, it never ceases to amaze me, when white folks and Somali liberal alike indulge in a bit of cultural charades, with a view to showing off their enlightenment to each other. such events are clearly staged to massage their uppity egos and sensitivities. :D

what is "cultural night"?

again, we're not surprised by such attempts to denigrate the diverse cultures of the world by squeezing their apparently diversity into one night's extravagance. but, that they group together different cultures under such seemingly vague banners, not only attests to their narrow mindedness but also their arrogance. these are the same people who've reduced Black History to a single month...yet for those of us who consciously identify as Black, not least because of our higher melanin counts, but who've also been mentally unshackled by the institutional hierarchical and racist structures, and the latent pigmentocracy that privileges those with lighter skin.....this is not impressive. :cool:;)

using a term like 'cultural night' under the guise of uppitynimo, is a great insult to the cultures, traditions and heritage of the people of the global south. their uppity attempts to put our unique cultures on a pedestal for a single night is vile.

time and again. it would appear to be the case that our cultures are put on display, mocked and sold out by self-hating Black folks. 'cultural nights' and other such elitist festivities, commodify our cultures and give them glimpses of the 'ethnic'..........that puts them within touching distance of exotic far-flung places. these spectacles of sorts and engrossing performances during ''cultural night'' make a mockery of our cultures......and our learned brothers and sisters, particularly those afflicted with an inferiority complex, perform for their white masters as though in an anthropological zoo. :D

cultures must always be considered in terms of their place of origin and no matter how 'cultured' one might be, one must wholly understand there will always be barriers of entry into other cultures. balse, we know white folks and Somali liberal alike seek to have insights into other cultures through the arts or by listening to the music of that particular country. and yet conscious cultural critics like myself appreciate and wholly understand; it doesn't make you more familiar with the said culture.

p.s - excellent Gurage song. really awesome. i sing along all the time. :cool:

Haatu;983967 wrote:
Don't do the dhaanto. We're not Ethiopian.

In other news, I found my dream home. IA one day I will build a home just like it in Gaaris Cadey

6156191006_e6ab4fda79_b.jpg

(It's in Jeddah and stolen from SSC, God forgive me).

are you going to invite your friend Al?

imagine....you and your xabashi girlfriend.... me and my Slovakian chick for a weekend in your mansion in Garissa Cadey for the party of the decade, abti.

baal shaqeyso so we can party in Haatu's exclusive retreat of moral vice:p