Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Alpha Blondy;976538 wrote:
it's the 40th day (Afartan-bax) of my little nephew today. i'm going to buy him some nice clothes and go to his party. he's growing so fast. mashallah. i have very high expectations of him. i want him to become an accountant. he's very bright, this one.

998490_10151831440764250_800146817_n.jpg

so as tradition has dictated those before me and will dictate those after me and indeed after little Mo.....i reluctantly put the little weasel-faced danyeer on my shoulders for his afartan bax celebrations. this is an ancient duriyaada tradition, apparently. i didn't know about this until earlier this African evening, you know. how could i have missed this most important pillar of our community.....still learning new things everyday, ma istidhi?. i was a little bit worried for the little danyeer because he's only 40 days old, can y'all believe that? it seems like it was only a month ago he was born. i was chosen because, i reckon, it had something to do with my calm personality, ma garateen? ;)

there was a foul little kid present at the ceremony. i hear he got the foulnimo from the man who held him on his shoulders some 3 years ago, according to the local gossip. i wonder if little Mo will become like his uncle Al.......a D-list celebrity on a last heist sort of mashruuc in these arid lands? the little danyeer will be lucky to become like Al but i suppose he has to write his own epic story. i wouldn't want him to become like me anyways. i wonder who carried me on their shoulders? i'd love to torture them for giving me the most sterile personality of all time. p:p

Waryaa Alpha, sxb take care of lil Mo nin yahow. I had my older brother's lil daughter over at my apartment (she's 1.5yrs), and it just made my life little more bright. Just puts things in little prospective.

Nin-Yaaban;976651 wrote:
Waryaa Alpha, sxb take care of lil Mo nin yahow. I had my older brother's lil daughter over at my apartment (she's 1.5yrs), and it just made my life little more bright. Just puts things in little prospective.

waa ruunta walahi.

he's a awesome kid, abti.

seeing him today made me realise i need to start planting my seeds, you know. i just need to find a decent qurbo chick or even a semi-local chick from middle-income countries like Saudi or Malaysia. balse, there's no point in putting all your eggs in one basket, maha? :P;):D

Alpha Blondy;976653 wrote:
waa ruunta walahi.

he's a awesome kid, abti.

seeing him today made me realise i need to start planting my seeds, you know. i just need to find a decent qurbo chick or even a semi-local chick from middle-income countries like Saudi or Malaysia. balse, there's no point in putting all your eggs in one basket, maha?
:P
;)
:D

LoL walahi caadi matihid. Sxb, gabdho waa 'eey buuxaan, oo farahaa ayeey ka bateen. Meeshaan oo aan anigu hada joogo, walahi inta Xaliimo oo guur doon raadis ah, ma maleen kartid. Laakinse, anigu wadaankii ayaan u socdaa oo Xaliimo ka doonayaa, waxaan ku nool MN iyo Ohio, iyo Virgina marnaba ima cajibin. Waxaan u socdaa.....Xamar Cadeey, oo gabar u raadsanayaa.

Adiga sxb, meeshii barakeesteeyd ee Hargeisa ayaaba joogtaa, you should've had 5 kids by now nin yahow, maxaa kaa si ah. :)

YoniZ   

Alpha Blondy;976649 wrote:
998490_10151831440764250_800146817_n.jpg

so as tradition has dictated those before me and will dictate those after me and indeed after little Mo.....i reluctantly put the little weasel-faced danyeer on my shoulders for his afartan bax celebrations. this is an ancient duriyaada tradition, apparently. i didn't know about this until earlier this African evening, you know. how could i have missed this most important pillar of our community.....still learning new things everyday, ma istidhi?. i was a little bit worried for the little danyeer because he's only 40 days old, can y'all believe that? it seems like it was only a month ago he was born. i was chosen because, i reckon, it had something to do with my calm personality, ma garateen?
;)

there was a foul little kid present at the ceremony. i hear he got the foulnimo from the man who held him on his shoulders some 3 years ago, according to the local gossip. i wonder if little Mo will become like his uncle Al.......a D-list celebrity on a last heist sort of mashruuc in these arid lands? the little danyeer will be lucky to become like Al but i suppose he has to write his own epic story. i wouldn't want him to become like me anyways. i wonder who carried me on their shoulders? i'd love to torture them for giving me the most sterile personality of all time. p:p

Waryaa Alpha, health and safety mentality way kaa masaxantay maaha?

YoniZ;976694 wrote:
Waryaa Alpha, health and safety mentality way kaa masaxantay maaha?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

who is going to enforce it, abti?

i had control of the situation ee sida uula soco.

Tallaabo   

Haatu;976734 wrote:
Afartanbax?
Putting baby on shoulders
?
Alpha ina adeer, what is this khuraafaad ay Durriyadda ku kacday?
:D

We call it gardaadin and as Alpha said it is indeed an ancient Duriyada culture:D

Haatu   

That's strange. Do you guys want to hear a weird tradition of our own? When we slaughter an animal, we don't chop the thigh bone into two (or small peices). The thigh bone MUST be kept intact so to get the meat waa in laga jarjaraa sideways. This is because apparently when Xaajiga Beesha went on Xaj, he left with only a thigh bone of cooked meat which miraculously sustained him all the way to Makkah. As thanks, he ordained that 'in lafta bowdiyada la jabiyo waa ka xaaraan faracayga' :D :D

Tallaabo;976831 wrote:
We call it gardaadin and as Alpha said it is indeed an ancient Duriyada culture:D

+1

thanks. that's what it is called, miyaa? i'm so proud of gardaadin. :P;)