Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz   

Sorry to hear that SP... you can discuss anything you'd like here though, including existential crises :)

A few weeks ago, I planted a young sapling in the garden at Villa Somalia to raise the issue of deforestation, and it got me thinking - what does a young sapling need for it to grow into a strong, healthy tree?

It needs to be supported with a strong stake; it needs to be watered and fed; and it needs to be protected from animals that try to eat its soft bark and kill it.

And so it is with this young sapling we have all planted, called Somalia. We need support; we need assistance and investment; and we need protection from those who try to knock us over.

The first period of growth is always the most hazardous; where the most support and protection is needed. But as the bow thickens and strengthens, the tree needs less and less support, until finally it stands proud and tall and strong all on its own.

opening speech of Hassan Sheikh Mahamoud, President of Somalia at the Somalia Conference....

interesting......

Safferz;946845 wrote:
I'm going to fail my Amharic exam in 30 minutes
:(

Americans think their silly little pop quizzes and interactive sort of learning methods can help them master 'foreign languages' in weeks. the disillusions of the GREAT SATAN has no bounds, ma istidhi. when i was an English instructor (note the actual job-title was English Lecturer) at UOH, the programme coordinator forced us to employ quizzes, as though it's a substitute for 'real learning'. of course, i didn't listen and did my own thing. :o

how did i get myself into this mess? SOMEONE, please tell me? :mad:

how did a simple 'i'll give you some guidance' .....end up becoming a full time mashruuc, in actually doing the entire thing, for a certain someone, i know........:mad:

PISSED! why am i wasting my time?...i could have used my time in better ways! do you know what i mean? :mad:

Safferz   

I aced it! I was expecting it to be much more difficult :D

Alpha Blondy;946939 wrote:
how did i get myself into this mess? SOMEONE, please tell me? :mad:

how did a simple 'i'll give you some guidance' .....end up becoming a full time mashruuc, in actually doing the entire thing, for a certain someone, i know........:mad:

PISSED! why am i wasting my time?...i could have used my time in better ways! do you know what i mean? :mad:

I have the same problem sometimes, if you're a helpful person sometimes people can take advantage of you and your time. You just have to be firm with your boundaries and realize you're not being helpful when you find yourself doing more than you should.

^ thank God, you're here. sometimes, you don't know what you've got until you suddenly realise it was there all along....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...:P.

congrats on the exam. can you please provide a copy of your transcripts......did you make Prof. Ogilvy some dora wot before sitting the exam? LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Safferz   

Haha no but Mulugeta did get us buna :D Beautiful day here, I'm sitting out on the library steps and enjoying the sun.

i wish i was there, ma garatey?. its a little cold, here in the nation's capital, this African evening. but you know, go east or west, home is best....as the famous adage goes, you know. :P