Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

There is a particular draw to hawd; its the poet haven

It WAS a poet heaven long time ago around the time of the European colonial rule but not now. I lived in Hawd countryside for about three years when I was a kid and have fond memories of its incredibly lush and beautiful landscape. However, that region suffered prolonged droughts and environmental degradation and is now almost a desert. A lot of nomads left their way of life behind and moved into the villages, towns, and cities. Others took advantage of the agricultural programmes promoted by the Jigjiga administration and settled down to become farmers. Even the once feuding sub-clans of the OG and Habro were forced by necessity to corporate for their survival and as a result now wander freely into each other's territories even sharing their water in difficult times.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Interesting insight Tallaabo. appreciate it. where is the new poet haven you would say? Or such places are extinct

I think today's centres of Somali poetry are the major urban areas with significant Somali populations in and outside the Horn of Africa.

<cite>

It
WAS
a poet heaven long time ago around the time of the European colonial rule but not now. I lived in Hawd countryside for about three years when I was a kid and have fond memories of its incredibly lush and beautiful landscape. However, that region suffered prolonged droughts and environmental degradation and is now almost a desert. A lot of nomads left their way of life behind and moved into the villages, towns, and cities. Others took advantage of the agricultural programmes promoted by the Jigjiga administration and settled down to become farmers. Even the once feuding sub-clans of the OG and Habro were forced by necessity to corporate for their survival and as a result now wander freely into each other's territories even sharing their water in difficult times.

isqor bila liis.

you aint from Hawd, you little qaloocite. you're from daanta beesha habar qalooc.

Safferz   

<cite>

I felt so weird logging on! But I feel a little better after seeing this place and the same ppl.!

:0

I don't even remember what the old SOL was like at this point :P Welcome!

<cite>

I felt so weird logging on! But I feel a little better after seeing this place and the same ppl.!

:0

balse imagine this was your high school reunion. i don't know how these things work out.....lakinse, i was little nerdy like that character from that Ryan Reynolds movie who then metamorphosed into a ''hunk''. such is the pathetic nature of Hollywood, ma istidhi.

Saffz - geeky extra from freaks and geeks whose now a real geek like sheldon's gf from The Big Bang Theory. self-absorbed ''introvert''. in other words, this basically means she's a loner but pretends to be '' a loner'' for the purposes of appearing to be a ''a loner''.

Reeyo - sadly, 10 years following on from ''high school', an early pregnancy has meant a earlier life expectancy living on Tesco's basic range in a South London council estate.

Apo - gaal to muslim in less than 60 secs and other such fallacies have taken their toll. on the edgy and didn't fulfill his earlier potential. now works on the NGO deeqbixiyasha mashruuc circuits in Nairobi. he's a failure according to him but considered normal by most standards.

SPooow - this guy is a joke. he's a complete and utter failure. he's delusional too. 10 years later - still a nobody. pathetic.

LOOOOOOOOOL

no offense y'all. i'm a loser. i'm the loner. i'm delusional, too.