Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

<cite>
said:</cite>

12348_10152172451914250_1496753308_n.jpg

i received an eviction notice for my house earlier today. it's quite serious, apparently. they are warning against any delayed payment for the yearly housing tax. if i don't pay within two days, i'll be evicted. this is quite serious y'all. i might be homeless, dee.

i think i will pay.

<cite>
said:</cite>

What does hijab have to do with FGM?

you know the popular narrative among Hijabis of the of the western claim and pursuit of liberation over their bodies, and how that attitude itself is oppressive in nature. does that not apply to FGM? Where do you draw the line?

Safferz   

Oh I see what you're getting at -- I think you can be anti-excision in the sense that you believe it's a harmful practice that should be eradicated, but have a more sensitive viewpoint that holds that change must be generated from within the communities that practice it, through education and (indigenous) activism. That's how I feel about it, I abhor the practice but I also resent Western discourse about it (I don't even like the term FGM because it's so loaded with meaning and assumption) and the histories of intervention in Africa over women's bodies and reproductive capacities that targeted excision and politicized the practice in the way we see it today.

I wrote a paper on this once :P I called it "The African Body in Western Feminist Discourse" or something like that.

<cite>
said:</cite> can i send you a list of items i desperately need via the PMs, walalo macaan?

I don't know if I'll be in Hargeisa this time though, it turns out my ayeeyo and the entire family will all be going to London for July and August, which is when I'll be nearby and thought to visit. Unless of course I decide to go to Hargeisa alone, in which case I'll be in an empty house and have no relations to protect me from your stalking :P

<cite>
said:</cite>I don't know if I'll be in Hargeisa this time though, it turns out my ayeeyo and the entire family will all be going to London for July and August, which is when I'll be nearby and thought to visit. Unless of course I decide to go to Hargeisa alone, in which case I'll be in an empty house and have no relations to
protect me from your stalking
:P

that's just silly. you have my contacts ee ha is martiyeen, abti.