Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

<cite>
said:</cite>

Alpha Blondy, sxb, what do you about all this change? I am still trying to get used to this whole change, and it would probably take me some time to feel comfortable with it.

Its not as it use to be, thats for damn sure.

hi Ninyaaban,

happy new year to you and yours, marka hore.

one of the things i often grapple with is........this costumer trend of buying the latest I-phones and Samsungs and what-have-yous. it's not necessary that you buy 2 smart phones in a year, ruunti. the smart phone serves a function and nothing else, dee. we shouldn't deify products. lakinse, be that as it may, i find it rather tragic that ''uber cool technofreaks'' can splash huge amounts of dosh on these gadgets while millions of folks in the world go without clean water and food. it's exactly this sort of mindset that breeds tahrib and other social ills. balse, we ought to refrain from accusatory remarks. human by their very nature are greedy and are afflicted by the fikir that the ''grass is always greener on the other side''. sometimes, it's greener and sometimes it's not so green. balse, without beating around the bush, as it were...... these changes weren't necessary. SOL was fine. it worked. it wasn't broke and didnt need fixing.

the ADMIN, sadly, is one of those savvy uber cool sort of fiends who constantly have to experiment with and unnecessarily fiddling around with something that works, as although afflicted by an insatiable OCD of sorts. in his hasty eagerness to improve SOL, he's ruined it. whilst he was right to inform folks of such changes beforehand, the hype and fanfare haven't produced what he'd hoped. instead it's disappointed gravely and ruined the bloody site.

si kastaba ha ahaatee change is the only constant markasta iyo meelkasta.

Al,

Hargeisa

Somaliland

<cite>

I don't have to like or support someone just because they're female, Alpha. It's good to be critical of everyone (but fair... I did say I respect her work).

you needn't educate me with your placebo BS.

Safferz   

*ahem* Just wanted to say that today marks the ONE MONTH ANNIVERSARY of the day I saw Beysus in the flesh and was blessed to breathe the same air as her and sit close enough to the stage to see the beads of sweat glisten on her flawless forehead while she captivated the audience at TD Garden. Greatest day EVAR.

I still listen to the new album daily, and iTunes tells me I've listened to Drunk in Love 87 times so far.

<cite>

this woman you insult is probably the same age as your own mother......and yet you take it upon yourself to insult her without limit on the internet. that is indicative of the way you were raised.

we know you're a staunch Somalilandiid lakinse take your insults elsewhere because to be quite frankly with you it's disgusting.

The women has put herself in the public eye and made controversial and insulting remarks. Her giving birth does not exclude her from critique. Plus, given her ego, I don't think she would prefer being viewed in realm of her motherhood.

Also, putting aside my idealism, at the moment I support the SL pursuit of independence, unless the situation in Somalia changes, which I hope would warrant some reconsideration. My problem lies with the means this secession is pursued, particularly the demonizing of other Somalis. I'd also consider Somalia to be ruled from Hargeisa. Though, my only concern is this edna aden type belief of superiority and demonization. This is what holds back SP from being a staunch SL nationalist.

<cite>

The women has put herself in the public eye and made controversial and insulting remarks. Her giving birth does not exclude her from critique. Plus, given her ego, I don't think she would prefer being viewed in realm of her motherhood.

Also, putting aside my idealism, at the moment I support the SL pursuit of independence, unless the situation in Somalia changes, which I hope would warrant some reconsideration. My problem lies with the means this secession is pursued, particularly the demonizing of other Somalis. I'd also consider Somalia to be ruled from Hargeisa. Though, my only concern is this edna aden type belief of superiority and demonization. This is what holds back SP from being a staunch SL nationalist.

your opinion is invalid.

you don't have the qualified privilege to hurl insults at all. you are useless and a Somalilandiidist. your opinion on this matter is clearly engendered by your hatred, negativity and ill-will towards the SL Rep.

Edna Adan

EDUCATION AND TRAINING

1. Ecole de la Nativite, Djibouti, Cote Francaise des Somalis

2. Burao Girls School, British Somaliland Protectorate

3. Borough Polytechnic, London. UK, GCE and Pre-Nursing course, 1954/1956

4. West London Hospital, London, UK, General Nursing Training, 1956/1959

5. Hammersmith Hospital. London, UK, Basic Midwifery training, 1960

6. Lewisham Hospital, London, UK, Midwifery Specialization, 1961

7. Margaret Sanger Center, New York, USA, Family Planning, 1983

8. Clayton University, Georgia, USA, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1988.

9. Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 1998, Health Care in Developing Countries.

10. Honorary Doctoral Degree, Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts,

USA, May 2002

QUALIFICATIONS

. Doctoral Degree in Humane Letters from Clark University, Worcester,

Massachussets, USA

. Certificate, Health Care in Developing Countries, Boston University, USA

. Bsc. Nursing Services Management, Clayton University, USA

. Family Planning Practitioner, Margaret Sanger Center, USA

. State Certified Midwife (SCM), UK

. Central Midwives Board Certificate (CMB), UK

. State Registered Nurse (SRN), UK

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

- UNIFEM Consultant Facilitator for Gender Workshop in Nairobi for UN Heads of Mission assigned to Somalia, December, 1998

- UN/HQ, Consultant on Social Services in Developing Countries, New York, October, 1998

- WHO Representative, Republic of Djibouti, March 1991 to October 1997, also President of UN AIDs Theme Group from January 1996 to October 1997, and ‘Doyenne’ of UN Staff in Djibouti

- WHO/EMRO Regional Technical Officer for Maternal/Child Health and Family Planning, January 1987 to March 1991. During that time, I was also the focal point for Traditional Practices Affecting the Health of Women and Children ( FGM), for safe Motherhood Initiatives, and for training of Midwives and Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs) in the 22 countries of the Eastern Mediterranean Region of WHO.

- WHO/EMRO Regional Nursing Adviser, May 1986 to December 1986.

- Founding Member and Vice-President of Inter-African Committee for Traditional Practices Affecting the Health of Women and Children, 1983 to 1986.

- WHO/EMRO Short-Term Consultant, Human Resources Development, Republic of Djibouti, February 1982 to September 1982.

- WHO/EMRO Temporary Adviser, Nigeria, November 1980; Sudan, February, 1979; and UNICEF Temporary Adviser, Zambia, December, 1979.

- WHO/EMRO Member of Panel of Experts on Human Resources Development for Health, 1977 to 1986.

- WHO Staff Member, Nurse/Midwife Educator, Tripoli, Libya, October 1965 to December 1967.

NATIONAL CAREER

- Current President, Somali Studies International Association

- Currently constructing the second “ Edan Adan Maternity Hospital” which is being built in Hargeysa, Somaliland. The facility is a Non-Profit-Making Charity and a Midwifery Teaching Hospital . Started the training of 32 student nurses in our hospital as well as the training of 15 Assistant Laboratory Technicians.

- President of the Organization for Victims of Torture, Somaliland. Council Member; Hargeysa University; Member of the Regional Health Board of the Ministry of Health, Somaliland; Board Member of various other Charitable Organizations in Somaliland including the Institute for Practical Research.

- Supervising project and construction of first privately owned hospital in Mogadisho, Somalia, (EDNA MATERNITY HOSPITAL), February 1984 to May 1986. ( After my family fled Somalia because of the civil war there, my property has been forcefully occupied by warlords to the present time).

- While late husband was Somali Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman, from November 1978 and January 1984, continued with Diplomatic obligations as well as with national and international assignments as required.

- First female to be promoted to position of Director in Somalia. Became Director of the Department of Human Resources Development, Ministry of Health and Labour, Somalia, April 1977 to November 1978.

- Midwife Superintendent, Medina Hospital, Mogadisho, Somalia, January 1972 to January 1977.

- Owned and Managed a private Pharmacy, Mogadisho, Somalia, July 1970 to January 1972.

- Following the Marxist Coup of October 1969, was a Political Prisoner under House Arrest for six months.

- While husband was Prime Minister of Somalia, August 1967 to October 1969, undertook numerous State, Social and Charitable responsibilities both in Somalia and abroad. Accompanied husband on State visits to USA, the Federal Republic of Germany, the United Kingdom, and Italy.

- Secretary General and Founding Member of Somali Red Crescent Society, Mogadisho, 1963 to1965.

- Senior National Nurse/Midwife Educator, Health Personnel Training School, Mogadisho, Somalia, August 1963 to October 1965.

- Sister-in-Charge of female Section of Hargeysa Group Hospital, Somalia. During that period, also started the first training courses for nurses and midwives in Hargeysa.

- Following completion of studies in the U.K. returned to Somalia as first qualified Somali Nurse Midwife in August 1961. Became first female to be appointed to a senior post in the Civil Service of Somalia.

- (Also became first Somali female to obtain a driving license ! )

DECORATIONS AND AWARDS

• Decorated by the Government of the Republic of Djibouti, October 1997, in recognition of the services rendered to the Health Services of Djibouti while WHO Representative. Awarded the Medal and Title of “ Commandeur de l’Ordre National du 27 Juin”

• Awarded UNDP Manager of the Year Certificate, October 1997.

PUBLICATIONS

- Manual for the Training of Traditional Birth Attendants in the Somali language. WHO/UNFPA, 1988.

- Mental and Physical Complications of Female Circumcision, WHO Technical Publication, 1979.

- Numerous speeches and presentations during national and international conferences, seminars and workshops, mainly on the subject of Female Genital Mutilation, Gender, Human Rights, and Maternal and Child Health Care.

LANGUAGES

Somali : Mother Tongue

English : As good as Mother Tongue

French : Speak very well, read very well, write fairly well

Italian : Fairly well

Arabic : Some knowledge

also....................She has been called “The Muslim Mother Teresa” by The Huffington Post

----

SPooow

(to be filled in by the aforementioned forumer)

a short story, if you will........

Mohamed and Ahmed were bros. they also attended Islamic classes at their local masjid together. one day the teacher was talking about the day of judgement in all it's horrifying details, in yet another attempt to coerce the children. at this mosque, the teachers were no-nonsense and they didn't mince their words. as the teacher delved deeper into the details, Mohamed randomly asked.... ''if all the people were naked, wouldn't they stare at each other? the teacher gave him a polite reply..... needless to say he didn't get a satisfactory answer.

a week later, a different teacher with a more vivid approach, was lecturing on the same topic. this time round Ahmed, and not Mohamed, seized the moment and asked the same question. without a moment's hesitation, the teacher said....''imagine if a group of people were drowning, would you have the time to foolishly stare at folks or would you try to safe yourself''?

Mohamed was always inquiring. Ahmed more direct in his ways.